Mazda 20 B engine in SL-C

Awesome build!! Love the hints as to the power the lay waiting inside your beast! Someone needs to send this man a gopro so we can have plenty of video footage of this awesome ride! May want to try hosting the videos on youtube, photobucket or other sharing site

Gary,
You can post a video from your computer to the forum. All you do is record your video with your camera. Down load it to your computer as a Mp4. Edit it if you wish on your computer, then when you are ready, post it to a picture saving site like Photobucket. Then you can load it to the forum. On Photobucket you will be given several choices for posting. You want the "Direct" choice. Hilite it, right click on it, and copy it. Chose the "Insert link" choice above(blue globe) and paste it. When you do that it will look like this:

PC010024.mp4 Video by Billmusarra | Photobucket

This is an old video that will be grainy from playing so many times.

Bill

Bill, like that dash board, very nice, what size engine are you running, I put BB Fords in my hot rods, 521's.

Do you need a oil cooler for the tranny?

Ill try and post a new sound video, but I'm getting close to taking it down the driveway for the first time when it becomes dry, just finalizing the wiring and programing the PLC for controlling the lights, and stuff.

Thanks for the advice on posting, Ill try that next time.

Love the way your car sounds, nothing sounds like a V-8, not like F-1, that sounds like tracks learner cars with Dodge 4 cylinders in them.

Im hoping when my motor goes into boost it will sound like the ones on You Tube or at least close to it.

Garry,
That is a 351 Windsor bored stroked and internally balanced to 400cu.in.. AFR 205 heads, and a COMP hydraulic roller, through 14" Magnaflows. The electronics are from FAST and go through a locked out MSD dizzy.
The Porsche 930 doesn't need a cooler at all. Since I put a cooler on the motor, the other bay was rather empty looking from the rear, so I added the cooler for symetry. I then plumbed the return lines to gears 2-4 and the R&P. Where I really needed the cooling was in the engine bay. After bubbling the paint on the engine surround, I added two 5" fans for that, to bring the total to 6 all together. That's more than I had on my old Lotus Esprit:stunned:

Bill

It looks an sounds really good. I have a Mendeola sequential box on mine, geared for 160 at 8000, thats about as fast as I want to go, but its just a street car. I usually run Lencos on my hot rods, so this tranny will be different experience and hopfully it will sound like a motorcycle when shifting that quick.

Ill know, getting warmer here so I can sneak it across the street in the parking lot to test.

Got it muddy Sunday, pain to wash and clean up, but did run it up and down my drive way at the shop, spun it around a couple times, no wrenches fell out, but have my plate now, just need to paint it. All the lights and computer programed, just cleaning up my wiring, lots of gauges, Digi Dash , which I like, thanks Fran, everything works so all easy stuff now.

Building close out panels, sanding, seats mounted and cut to fit, etc.

Half to change out my clutch master cylinder, it only releases at the bottom of the stroke, so bought a bigger master, 7/8 instead of 3/4.

Got my plates today, going with a paint scheme kinda like the picture.

Attachments

• DSCF0617.jpg
    DSCF0617.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 284
  • PAIN.jpg
    PAIN.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 401
Wonder how many people are gonna look at the tail lights, exhaust, and tags and still ask "...what kinda motor does this thing have?" :drunk:

I guess you'll just have to shake your head and smile. I really wanna hear this thing spool up in person...

I am fitting my close out panels and once those are done, we are ready to paint. Finished up my wiring last night, will test one more time making sure by making it neat everything still works, i have bad luck so thats why I check it over 1 more time.

Getting warmer here, and ready to try it on pavement, ill see if it can attach my go pro to it.

I am fitting my close out panels and once those are done, we are ready to paint. Finished up my wiring last night, will test one more time making sure by making it neat everything still works, i have bad luck so thats why I check it over 1 more time.

Getting warmer here, and ready to try it on pavement, ill see if it can attach my go pro to it.

Never,never,never admit to bad luck! Be thorough, always.

Looking forward to seeing some video of this beast. I love rotaries. You are making this look easy. I might have to rethink my LS7 dreams. :)

The LS 7 is cheaper tho, but I like different and I used to race rotaries back in the late 70's and early 80's just drag racing tho.

My car was called ROTARY MOTION, RX 2, I had 2 of them, 1 towed the other to the track.

Neat stuff Garry, you sure are rocketing along. I look forward to the paint and hearing the "bang/pop" of the shifting! Should be great fun.

People are talking about engines, supercharge, turbo, here are some more pictures of mine, tho the Mazda engine is small, the compartment fills up quick, one side the turbo, the other side a water cooled intercooler, intercooler radiator on passenger side, oil cooler on driver side and the radiator up front. I have a Digi Dash, but elected to also have digital gauges to look at in the center, so there are a few double senders.

I take water temp at the motor and the input to the radiator on the other gauge. Brake pressure gauges, oil temp, pressure, volts, O2, boost, fuel, lots of wire, 2 Idec plc's.

Primer this weekend, paint next weekend if all goes well. Building the close out panels, wheel tubs, air deflectors for the back air pockets stuff like that.

Attachments

• DSCF0634.jpg
    DSCF0634.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 426
  • DSCF0633.jpg
    DSCF0633.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 423
  • DSCF0632.jpg
    DSCF0632.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCF0630.jpg
    DSCF0630.jpg