Mid-engine vette?

Keith

Shut your eyes before you hit play and try and decide if you're listening to a Honda or a Toyota. I mean they look decent but that sound is pathetic...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uoHmfT-ZQBI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well, unless I missed the App that allows you both to sit in the 'hot seat' and stand outside and enjoy the noise, I'll settle for the performance and hang the noise ego-boost. Oh sorry, Freudian moment of course I meant Eco-boost...

I know what you're aiming for Mike and I support your efforts, but it ain't the future....:)

Shut your eyes before you hit play and try and decide if you're listening to a Honda or a Toyota. I mean they look decent but that sound is pathetic...

Doesn't really look like a f-gt and sounds like piss. Glad I didn't buy.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Well, unless I missed the App that allows you both to sit in the 'hot seat' and stand outside and enjoy the noise, I'll settle for the performance and hang the noise ego-boost. Oh sorry, Freudian moment of course I meant Eco-boost...

I know what you're aiming for Mike and I support your efforts, but it ain't the future....:)

I don't know just don't do it for me...

The future...

Have you ever been in a Tesla?

Past, Present, and Future walk into a bar. What happened?

It was tense... ha

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Every time someone pipes up about what sounds good, I just can't help myself...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M0WNa-K6-QI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it would be the same as Harley Davidson tuning their bike to sound like a Honda Goldwing.
To bad they never put some snort in it :(

They don't sound bad on the race track.

That's what I love about Le Mans style racing - all of the different sounds. Sadly these days there aren't many (or any) 10 and 12 cylinders. The Judd V-10 was an amazing (ear splitting) sound, as was the V-12 in the 333SP.

Or no cylinders. The 787B sounds amazing too.

Or no cylinders. The 787B sounds amazing too.

LOL,, my 2nd favorite sounding car during the 24hr Rolex.

What's funny is,, the 4 rotor while racing and high load gets very good MPG (for the amount of load it's performing). It's when it's putting along it gets crap.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
A friend has a newer Viper ACR. The car looks amazingly sinister and good. Then you start it and the sound just doesn't align. Sounds like a tractor. I have always thought the Enzo looked amazing but the sound was dissapointing. Maybe when EVs replace them all one can plumb whatever sound they like into the cabin.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
A friend has a newer Viper ACR. The car looks amazingly sinister and good. Then you start it and the sound just doesn't align. Sounds like a tractor.

I've always thought they sounded like a UPS truck at idle.

That car should have been a V12 from the get-go...just as the Prowler should have been a V8 (with a 'stick' option, for Pete's sake).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The original Vipers really sounded like crud since they had side exhaust and you didn't get the blended "tune" of the cylinders firing off...

Back