Mortified GT40

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
So, here is my SGT40 #32. Now loom, brake and clutch line for the weekend. And doing a mould for Mk2 wheelarch humps. Many projects to finish the next few days. Engine is a 351C with an RBT transaxle.

Wheelarches are not quite there yet, but getting a bit closer.
Used brown clay, tinfoil and packing tape..

Last edited:
A man after my own heart, cream coloured carpets on the workshop floor. Mind you , mine get changed every 6 months when no longer recognisable, but it helps to have a good mate in the carpet trade who always seems to get good large carpets that have been changed out by his customers - its called recycling !

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
I got the release bearing carrier fitted to the RBT today. Should manage to get the transaxle and exhaust refitted in the next days. Making good progress on looms, throttlecable, ventlines, fuellines etc. Managed to get one Stewart Warner 240a fuelpump. Now just need one more and 2 sets of Hartwell latches with the correct raised Press letters... and two aluminium Guerney bubbles...and and

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Robin is the machinist, unfortunately he has moved workshop. Just get Mick @ SGT to sort you out:)

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Thanks Paul, I put one of the seats in the Mk1 just to get my GT fix. Pedal position looks to be ok too. Most of the braided hoses now done on Mk2. Need to recheck its all tightened well and get to bleed the clutch first, then brakes. Wohoo roll on IVA..

NickD

Supporter
Thanks Paul, I put one of the seats in the Mk1 just to get my GT fix. Pedal position looks to be ok too. Most of the braided hoses now done on Mk2. Need to recheck its all tightened well and get to bleed the clutch first, then brakes. Wohoo roll on IVA..
Making great progress bud. Didn't know you were back in Blighty already. Will have at catch up to chew the fat for an hour or so before you head off again.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Definitely Nick:) great progress on many small irritating bits I’ve put off too long. Redoing most of my AC lines too... more continous hose instead of the bulkhead fittings. Live and learn...

Back