New RCR transaxle?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
There is a package designed as a shorter option specifically for space challenged cars ..like the GT40...5 speed.

The standard length 5 speed is the same length as a G50 so that will also fit and is a little less expensive than the short box...

What Clutch / Flywheel / Starter works with this?
LSD type?

Price?

I think I just put all of the pieces together as to who ORIGINALLY designed this box (the lambo was a dead give away)!!!! If that's the case I think a particular competitor to RCR if not involved just SH!T THEMSELVES!!!! I could be wrong but I have a funny feeling that I'm not. I know I for one will be very interested in this (unless I could get a Ricardo for a better price) as my wedding is in two weeks and then I plan to place an order later this year (that was the deal she gets the ring and wedding; I get the SL-C). Fran you truly are at the top of your game sir!

Last edited:
153 tooth domestic flywheel, clutch , starter

Sweet

Getting more interesting by the post. The Ricardo is a beefy unit that is currently well priced. But the clutch and original equipment starter .... ouch.

Judging from the website I trust it will be a side/firewall facing shifter in a mid-engine car?
I also imagine it will have engine type specific bellhousings?

Frikken Fran keeps making more candy for the store....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
This a team effort and most of the credit belongs to Griffin Gearbox...we formed a coalition to bring this bad boy to market and make sure the mid engined world has a viable choice with options...and good pricing.

RCR and Superlitecar customers will certainly benefit by me having first hand design involvement ..

Do not believe it is compatible w/ Canadian climates ..... please send a free sample unit for testing. Thanks! :drunk::drunk:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Alex,

you are correct ..we already know its not compatible with the climate in your garage so no need for us to send one.....now about that engine???

Oh I know, I just figured if you built one it would sell for 4/5 of the price of your 5-speed....

As for Jac Mac, last I saw his was made of wood.... :stunned:

Thats is why I highlighted the 'ONE" in Frans post, I only intend to build 'ONE or perhaps TWO' for my own use, got enough to do without trying to satisfy everyone elses recession budgets, pretty obvious from posts here & on Club Cobra that the 'Genuine' T44 builders have no desire to build to a price that would suit the likes of you Mr Watkins, their T44 is already done, castings 'stacked up like cordwood', just no group of buyers with the cash reqd to make it worth doing a production run! :)

From what Ive seen this setup that Frans involved with has options aplenty, wont say anymore than that, not my place.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Thats is why I highlighted the 'ONE" in Frans post, I only intend to build 'ONE or perhaps TWO' for my own use...

Mr. Mac --

Yes, the intent of the emphasis on "ONE" was quite clear, and in fact you had made a similar point weeks ago in another thread, although at that time you did allow for the possibility of selling them. Perhaps that's why you were mentioned in this context.

Mr. Watkins.

Back