New RCR transaxle?

Im getting sick of you twerps, you have to multiply the gear ratio by the R&P ratio to get the overall ratio in any transaxle to do a comparison, just saying one has 3.73/1 R&P versus the other having 3.5/1 R&P means nuthing-diddly squat, get it, good...:):), counting the seconds until this post disappears as well... pity, it might actually educate some RCR types...........

Maybe some of us don't know much about automotives beyond how to hold a wrench :surprised:

Im getting sick of you twerps,

I'm fairly certain that I will be asking many stupid questions in the future as I try to expand my knowledge base. If this section is only for people that already know everything, is there a special forum for us twerps?

Yes, OK, I should have refrained from the 'twerp' comment,

Shills please dont let my senior moment deter you from taking part in this transaxle discussion or other forums.

Alex...................................Its the size of the wrench....damn , nearly did it again:)

For my part I will attempt to refrain from posting on these RCR forums... far to stressful for GOB's like me...

Jac, Fran
This forum really is educational. I now have researched the difference between GOB and GOM. I'll have to visit the UK and try out my new found slang.

Jac, Fran
This forum really is educational. I now have researched the difference between GOB and GOM. I'll have to visit the UK and try out my new found slang.
Uh, Mesa, maybe you should write a bit more carefully: Jac Mac is from New Zealand, which is, the last time I checked, a fair distance from the United Kingdom. In language, too, by now, I expect. :)

Bassanio et Portia :)

Uh, Mesa, maybe you should write a bit more carefully: Jac Mac is from New Zealand, which is, the last time I checked, a fair distance from the United Kingdom. In language, too, by now, I expect. :)

With the amount of shakin thats been going on down under lately we could end up anywhere:)... so if you 'see' a new mountain range with lovely snow capped peaks & nice green grass floating by, toss us a rope so we can have break.... For the geographicly challenged we are about as far away from the UK as one can get while standing on land, That does have some advantages.....:)

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Fran !

Is there a price structure set up yet ? Also, will this have a bellhousing configured to bolt up to a standard chevy bolt pattern ( the old gen style) ?

THANKS Brian

Keith

With the amount of shakin thats been going on down under lately we could end up anywhere:)... so if you 'see' a new mountain range with lovely snow capped peaks & nice green grass floating by, toss us a rope so we can have break.... For the geographicly challenged we are about as far away from the UK as one can get while standing on land, That does have some advantages.....:)

Sorry for posting here but, Twerp! Long long time since I heard that one. A pregnant fish I believe - so good to hear the old (but harmless) insults.

You can take the Man out of the UK but sometimes, you just cannot take the UK out of the Man!

Anyway back to axle ratios you twerps.. :laugh:

Keith

Ok sorry again chaps but Chris, use of the TWAT word got me banned from a pub as it is another moniker (at least here in the UK) for, er, the female thingy otherwise known as a "Mary" or a "Minnie"

But if it's a harmless word elsewhere I would be delighted to change the description from Twerps to Twats.

Blame Jac - it's all his fault.. :)

No more on this subject for the benefit of the serious axle Tw..... er no, not going there.. :shifty:

See the new Paddock thread: "Are you a Twerp, Twat Or Twit Even?"

Keith

Hmm, don't know that one James - Scottish origins perhaps?

Sounds kind of nice compared with the others....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Its actually a team effort...

The transaxle is called a Griffin...and there are lots of options that are going to be available.

More info to come soon...

Different..Ricardo tough to beat in many respects......we have a sequential version available too....

Adrian,

yes..all varieties have ratings...from the base unit of 600hp/500lbft....to the
seven speed 1400hp/1000lb/ft unit...with many incrimental options in between.

Full layout and options , with pricing will be posted next week.

There is a package designed as a shorter option specifically for space challenged cars ..like the GT40...5 speed.

The standard length 5 speed is the same length as a G50 so that will also fit and is a little less expensive than the short box...

153 tooth domestic flywheel, clutch , starter

Okay - Compiling all the pertinent information available on this thread to date...
Lot's of smoke here... Are you going to show us the fire or do we get to keep guessing?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Well guys as you asked so bloody politely... www.griffingearboxes.com

Base price for the 4+1 five speed box with bellhousing is $8300...

Bellhousings available off the shelf for standard domestic engine packages...less common applications will be accomodated with an adapater plate conversion utilising a more standard bellhousing.

The all singing and dancing straight cut 6 speed seq. race box will cost around $14,000.

The seven speed unit is aimed at the hypercar 2000hp guys and is not going to be a player until mid next year at the earliest..but the design is all but complete.

Last edited:

Haha, yes I know where Jac is from and I know exactly where NZland is/was located. I'm hoping it floats it way closer to US .... cheaper airfare you know. The connection with the UK was that in doing research on the new words presented me, I came across meanings that referenced UK based examples. On top of that, Fran was half the post at that point. And he is definitely from the UK......as (I imagine) were all the "Mac" based persons at some point in history.

Of course there was that one massive blunder (when just a lad) I committed while in Europe speaking to a Scot. I thought he was English....ouch! Never made that mistake again.

Keith

Haha, yes I know where Jac is from and I know exactly where NZland is/was located. I'm hoping it floats it way closer to US .... cheaper airfare you know. The connection with the UK was that in doing research on the new words presented me, I came across meanings that referenced UK based examples. On top of that, Fran was half the post at that point. And he is definitely from the UK......as (I imagine) were all the "Mac" based persons at some point in history.

Of course there was that one massive blunder (when just a lad) I committed while in Europe speaking to a Scot. I thought he was English....ouch! Never made that mistake again.

I'm surprised you're still breathing!

Back