Pictures of GT40's members and their cars

Here's a few. Thats me waiting for a response from my service director. He looked at me, shook his head and said.. "You Crazy Bastard". Priceless!

Attachments

• gt40 pics.jpg
    gt40 pics.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 305
  • gt40 pic.jpg
    gt40 pic.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 465
  • gt40pic.jpg
    gt40pic.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 500

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Here we see Dennis telling me "Try not to wreck it!" Just kidding :)

2011092813.jpg

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks, spent a few hours last night and tonight putting that site together. I really like the blue on yours.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Like Jack, there were a few good pictures at Road America

Attachments

• IMG_4692.jpg
    IMG_4692.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,305
  • IMG_4750.jpg
    IMG_4750.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,332
  • IMG_9289.jpg
    IMG_9289.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 404
  • spfpicroadamerica.jpg
    spfpicroadamerica.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 1,288

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Those are great Kirby. Sure hope there is another event like that someday soon.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Awesome shots Kirby. Looks just like vintage MKII photos, only in color.

Thanks, Mark... You're too kind. 17" wheels and event parking stickers in your window aren't too vintage.
:laugh:

Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed that event. Mike Trusty, Jack Houpe and I caravanned up to Wisconsin for that. I left from East Texas and met Jack and Mike at Jack's place in Arkansas and we took off from there. Long trip, but very enjoyable.

Seems like only yesterday... hard to believe that was 2009!
Kirby

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
How did that event come to pass and what would it take to have another one?

There have been a couple of "GT40 anniversary/milestone" celebration events. I have been lucky enough to attend two...1989 at Watkins Glen and the 2009 Elkhart event. There was an event at Road America in 1991 or 1992 that I missed with P1116 as it was rather pricey. The Glen event was magic. And the 2009 Road America event was also great (we rented a place on the lake, had a bunch of Limey's and Canucks staying with our core group of South Africans and Muricans)

You could help arrange another reunion if you feel so inclined......and have a LOT of energy!

The Glen was special as I had both my sons along, my wife AND P1116, a GT40!!! (sadly, not mine but under my direction and I drove a lot of laps). Elkhart was great as I had my wife, good friends and P2269 another GT40 (albeit a roller only) and a great time was had by all!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I wouldn't know where to start Rick. A week long golf outing in Mesquite and I've got it covered. Not nearly connected enough to pull off a GT40 event with track time. Be happy to help if one of you big wigs with connections would lead. I have watched a Road America video that Kirby has many times and it looks like some a great time.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hey guys!!!!!

Where's all your pictures with your cars???? Lotsa fun chatter, maybe the stuff for another thread?

Thanks!

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
At Carlisle 2009....I am NOT the thinner guy! (John Shriver who owns the MK I is the "thin man")

And unloading GTs....

Damn....I need to lose weight! In fact when we must crawl into the container to unbolt the shipping racks, I have actually gotten stuck and had to be pulled loose from the rack!

Attachments

• men at work April 09 015.jpg
    men at work April 09 015.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 537
  • P6100016.JPG
    P6100016.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 493
  • P6100007.JPG
    P6100007.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 500
Mike, great pics and vids on your website!
Also nice to hear a song of the Dutch band Golden Earing in your first vid, Radar Love. That realy is a great driving song. Makes me proud to be Dutch ;-)

Michael
Very nice groud set up !
I do like when these beast are like your's ; just lowered front than rear and not too far from ground ; this position gives beside a good suspension effect a real wild aspect !!
Congrats !!!

Last edited:
Back