PW Tornado Build pics

Paul, congratulations. Well deserved result after all your hard work. I'm inspired to really get stuck into mine after Xmas. All the best for Xmas and a Fortying 2006. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif
Paul N

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Paul
I've just come across your post. Excellent news, well done. Maybe this will show others that the SVA is not the 'nightmare from hell' that a lot of people believe.
Congratulations.
Look forward to seeing it at The Fairmile in '06.

Brian.

Well done Paul,all our long debates on what your car would fail on have proved fruitless.
looks like the Fairmile is fast becoming Tornado Country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
Happy Christmas
Regards
Ian

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
HA ! I was actually thinking of changing my avatar to something more festive....what do you think ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it!!!!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Back to the SVA centre today to get the last few bits checked - sailed through no problem. Just aswell Geoff said to me that i should make a vin plate as it was the first thing the examiner checked ! (Although this wasn't noticed on the first test !)
On the return journey I called in at the registration office in Wimbledon and filled in all the forms , 2-3 weeks time I can drive it legally on the road.

Attachments

• 71293-GTSVA.jpg
    71293-GTSVA.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,082
Whilst driving to the test today I managed to get a bit out of shape while giving it a bit of stick in third gear, yes it will happilly spin the wheels in third and as soon as one breaks away it gets very twitchy ! I think this is a combination of salted road, 0 degree temperatures and oldish rubber - still I think a limited slip will be my first upgrade. The brakes seem ok for the road as a few people told me but on a track I think they will fade pretty quickly. Two young kids were mesmerised by it as I returned to the multi story carpark in Wimbledon "wow is that your car Mr ? " followed by jaws dropped as I started up and drove away. Seems to get a lot of attention this car !

Attachments

• 71294-GTSVA2.jpg
    71294-GTSVA2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,108

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Two young kids were mesmerised by it ....

[/ QUOTE ]

As I am with your a..a..a..a..avatar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You'll get used to the attention, just always need to allow and extra 5-10 min when going to the gas station. Never fails to get a crowd. Gotta love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your first pic, with the BMW645 next to you, took me for a loop. Had it been in my colors, you'd see what I see when my garage door opens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Car looks great, congratulations, something to be proud of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Paul,

I wish to congratulate you on your efforts and hard work. I really like to see these build threads for the replicas on the board as I think they really add a lot of meat to the forum and encourage others to take on a project that are first glance might seem impossible. Great job with the car and I wish you luck with the driving part! Make sure you continue with driving impressions!

Ron

Paul,

You have my respect and congratulations for the steadfast and focused manner in which you built your Tornado. You are an inspiration to all of us! It must be great to drive.

Paul,
That is outstanding !!
Best avatar I've ever seen.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The GT ain't too bad either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Paul, now the fun starts...congratulations!

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks guys, I'm going to do a bit of paint prep over the weekend and then collect Ians car that needs finishing ! Get it in my garage for build number two !

Back