RCR #010 Build Progress

Re: More Fuel Related Progress

Sandy,
That is the product I had seen once before. I like it because it has no moving parts(swing arm). Will check them out. BTW, I have an article somewhere in my files that was a good article on calibrating a swing arm. If anyone is interested I could dig it up.

Bill

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter

Yes, the Centroid sender is very nice, especially if you have foam in the tank or other things in the way.

Sandy

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bill, watching your build with interest,where exactly does your car come from and have you got there web site details. The ally mono. looks a million dollars.
I Noticed the rear lower suspension mounting is what's called single shear sometimes called an overhung mounting, this is usually a weak point and most use double shear mountings. I would be interested to know why they use this method. The build looks great Bill keep the posts coming
Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Keith here is the info you need

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/

Working on the engine now

Started building the engine. I started with a new 302 2-bolt block and had it bored .030. It's fitted with a SCAT forged steel 3.25 stroker crank. The engine displaces 331 ci. It has 5.4" forged steel I-beam rods and forged aluminum pistons. I spent the last few days polishing the pistons to help slow the buildup of carbon.

Cam is a hydraulic roller (.598/.598 lift, 230/230 duration @ .050). Heads are Victor Jr. aluminum (60cc chambers, 2.05/1.60 valves). They will be milled .018 (3cc) and ported/polished before installing them.

engine007.jpg

engine006.jpg

engine005.jpg

My 15 yo son Anthony doing the torquing...
engine002.jpg

Polishing the pistons...
gt40+125.jpg

More pictures to follow...

Bill D

Re: Working on the engine now

Bill,

Nice work, Cam profile and the heads are almost Identical to mine. Can't wait to see the engine in there with those "PHAT" tires. It will look Killer.

BUT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif What's up with the "Chevy color" on a Ford motor???!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Sacrilege /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thats Gyptal. It's actually a dark rust color. It seals the pores allowing the oil to run back to the pan faster. The engine is painted flat aluminum to contrast the chassis that will be painted black

Still need the Webers. I was too tired to put the oil pan on tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

Polished pistons
gt40+124.jpg

gt40+125.jpg

Pistons and studs all installed
gt40+127.jpg

gt40+129.jpg

Comp Cams' Magnum roller rockers installed
gt40+131.jpg

gt40+132.jpg

gt40+134.jpg

gt40+133.jpg

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter

Lookin' schmick Bill ,betcha proud of those pistons -- I can see a tear down after 10k miles for a repolish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifReckon that was Frans idea,so as to earn more points at the show and shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor

Bills car will be so shiny his sunglasses have the mirror on the inside .....:p /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi Bill
That engines to good to put in your 40, You should make the wife sleep in the barn and put the engine in the bed next to you.
Your probably have more orgasm's as well then.
Keep up the great work.

Bill, it's coming together nicely - keep up the good work and send more photos!

Cheers- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Chris

Cool look to that engine Bill. I started assembling mine as well this past weekend. Keep up the good work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Really nice looking engine Bill. I don't know about taking the bloody thing to bed though. Those Pommies are Kinky bastards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Looks absolutely brill!!

How do you come by as set of the Holman Moody valve covers. I'd love a set just because they are different to the Gurney Weslake style.

Your web site looks cool. I don't know how you get time to build and do that as well.

[ QUOTE ]
How do you come by as set of the Holman Moody valve covers. I'd love a set just because they are different to the Gurney Weslake style.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can order h-m valve covers directly from Holman Moody

HILLY

Supporter

Really nice work Bill.
The web site is great. Congratulations to Anthony.

Back