RCR's Next car should be.....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The FFR is a pretty car but not much of a Grand Tour car with the sliding windows, leaky interior and more cramped interior.

Sounds just like every racecar I've ever built or driven.. :D

As the originator of this thread -

I meant it as a thread to offer suggestion as to the projects I might consider next. As obvious, I am already in progress on an RCR40 but I'm always in consideration of the next one.
It's Fran's company and obviously his decision as to what his next offerings would be. Fran has made his preference for mid-engined cars known. It's up to us to tell him what it is we may prefer - purchase - build.

Rock-on Fran & RCR rockonsmile

This is a fun thread regardless of whether or not I or anyone else has any intention of building....

Keep the pics coming....oddball and all......

Ron McCall

Supporter
Sounds to me like we have established that Fran likes mid-engined cars and has a soft spot for Italian cars also. So, The next RCR car should definately be a Pantera GT5-S!!!!

Attachments

• GT-5S2.jpg
    GT-5S2.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 669
  • DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 687
  • Old pictures 163.jpg
    Old pictures 163.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 657
  • Old pictures 515.jpg
    Old pictures 515.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 677
The Pantera is a good looking mid engine car for sure, but to me, the smaller the car, the more fun it is!
I think a 962 type car would be great, but RCR already has a pretty big selection for a relatively small manufacturer (no offense Fran).
BT

Chris Kouba

Supporter
...the smaller the car, the more fun it is!
I think a 962 type car would be great...

Fran already knows (exhaustedly) how much I think he needs to offer a 962 but FWIW, the 962 is NOT a small car. It may be small interior-wise but the car itself is quite large (78" wide, 188" long).

Still gets my vote though (gratuitous pictures included Doug)!

lm941.jpg

7.jpg

I really like the tough style of the Pantera. Unfortunately, I would need both legs amputated at the knee to be able to drive one. However, I'm sure a replica by Fran would be more user friendly with extended footwells. If Fran likes Italian styling (and we have established that he does), then austere Porsche styling won't do much for him. Except maybe the lovely 904 that we have already considered briefly.

The Pantera would be closer than any of the others to something I would be interested in. I am def. not interested in products from other replica manufacturers.

Wait a minute, did you say that Fran is building a 904? Hey now! rockonsmileThat is the prettiest car porch ever made!! :p: That would work for me. Fran are you just building the 904 for yourself, or are you going to be producing them as kits? :confused:

I am building one at the moment...a silhouette type package for a local pal of mine.....he wants to use it for track work and occasionally for terrorising the street...

It is an aluminum chassis with a Cayman engine and transaxle...big brakes, double adjustable shocks etc etc etc ....

Easy. McLaren M6.

A car with a wonderful racing pedigree.
A car that was built by companies other than the factory.
Space frame chassis/fibreglass body.
Chev motors or Ford (McLeagle) if you want.
Unlike alot of Can-Am cars the engine wasn't install as a stressed member.

There is a great deal to like about them.

Attachments

• M6a.jpeg
    M6a.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 534
  • m6a_mosportsept67002.jpg
    m6a_mosportsept67002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 513
Back