RCR's Next car should be.....

I had a look at the new FF front engine thing at SEMA. Although we all have different taste, that car struck me as a bit bland with some proportion imbalance from a styling standpoint.

Now this drawing here looks modern and edgy with good proportion, at least as far a one can tell from a two angel depiction.

I likey. You keep it interesting Fran, good for you....and us.
I need more disposable income.... and a 917, and a 962 ......

To be fair to FFR, it's unlikely that shape will be the final one. There are a couple of very good looking options.

The concept is a great idea regardless.

Ooooohhhps,
Maybe it WAS a rear engine thing?...I just could not get past the styling (or lack of) I guess. Sorry Roberto!

Ooooohhhps,
Maybe it WAS a rear engine thing?...I just could not get past the styling (or lack of) I guess. Sorry Roberto!

Exactly. I wrote up my opinions about the car on exocars and received a lot of flack for it. Basically, I called it a very uninspired body design on a mediocre looking chassis. The body of that car looked like a 90s concept car. It's already dated in design.

The RCR concept drawing shown here looks like a current generation or next generation sports car (notice I didn't say supercar; so no big block v8 in this guy). I'm curious to see how it comes out. Definitely BETTER than the OTHER guys from the sketches I'm seeing... :thumbsup:

4 / 6 cyl. package...

Sounds good, looks like a nice Noble M400 (Rossion Q1) competitor. Just make sure you leave room for a couple small turbos ;), a twin-turbo Nissan VQ would do nicely.

Stupid question but which way are you planning to mount the engine, lateral or longitudinal?

Last edited:
transverse ...engine is an OEM engine and trans type ...

The comparison to the Noble/Rossion is off target...much less expensive and has more oem appointments..

Chuck

Supporter
Fran:

Jag D Type? Got an engine builder lined up . . . . That would be a fantastic build. So much history, such a clean design. Nice Jag straight 6, should be a great driver.

We looked around to see if we could find a good Jag C or D Type kit this side of the Mississippi before we started our current build . . . . no such luck.

Saw a C Type reproduction at Pebble Beach in August. (Believed to be from that . . you know . . . British company). It was an excellent copy. A D Type could be an even better reproduction. Certainly faster looking than a C Type.

All those little details . . . . the body rivets. . . the six spark spark plugs next to the drivers seat . . . the Smith gauges . . . those vintage wheels . . . the leather seats . . . . the wrap around wind screen . . . . the spoked wooden steering sheel . . . can't wait to get started

I will take a right hand drive without the fin . . . .

When?

Sort of like this? The engine with those glorious side draft Webers is from the C Type, but could would look just as good on the D Type.

Attachments

• JagCWeberCarbs.jpg
    JagCWeberCarbs.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 280
  • JagDType2.jpg
    JagDType2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 337
Body moulds will be finished by Mid March and chassis will be soon very after....my personal car that the moulds are being made from has the hump only....no fin...and its RHD...

I figured if you were putting the XJ13 on hold, while you built another of those front engined V8 things, then the D would not interest you either....wink

Chuck

Supporter
Body moulds will be finished by Mid March and chassis will be soon very after....my personal car that the moulds are being made from has the hump only....no fin...and its RHD...

I figured if you were putting the XJ13 on hold, while you built another of those front engined V8 things, then the D would not interest you either....wink

That prototype is the right configuration. Look foward to seeing it in the flesh.

We will be talking . . . The D Type has a bit more appeal to me for a host of reasons.

Grrrr,,, when I first saw the pictures of the new car, I "almost" regretted my SLC purchase. But seeing that its not a competitor I don't feel so bad :thumbsup:

The new car looks really modern.

transverse ...engine is an OEM engine and trans type ...
Hmmmm... now you've really got me wondering what engine and gearbox you are talking about. Does all of this mean that powertrain choices for this new car (whose exterior is very attractive -- really a nice step up in design for Superlite :thumbsup:) will be rather limited?

Last edited:
No competition....:lipsrsealed:

Platform is in the studio and the full scale foam is being worked right now...nice full size coupe package with OEM electric windows/HVAC etc all standard...

103 inch wheel base 18/19 wheels...4 / 6 cyl. package...might look a little like this...but then maybe not...wink..

If all goes well we be displaying at Carlisle...

Fran, several questions on your new sports coupe. Conventional doors? And will the 4/6 cylinder be a 6 speed or auto or either? Can you comment on the doner? Will the suspension be from the doner or the beautiful works or art like on your SLC?

This project looks very interesting,
John

The engine is a 4g63 Mitsubishi...they were available in man/auto ...we use this package in our Razor and its a great little unit...there is room available for a V6 but the 4 cyl. can make some pretty awesome power and still be "every day" reliable..

Suspension is NON donor...

Conventional doors only...

The engine is a 4g63 Mitsubishi...they were available in man/auto ...we use this package in our Razor and its a great little unit...there is room available for a V6 but the 4 cyl. can make some pretty awesome power and still be "every day" reliable..

Suspension is NON donor...

Conventional doors only...

Fran, thanks for the information, this will be fun to watch. Where should we go to get the latest information on this project when you get further along with it?

Back