Roaring Forties # 61

Bill, that looks awesome! Must be a real treat to see such a transformation in your build. Some busy nights ahead now...go for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Is that a Queensland mix Pete, Champers and Bundy on ice? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Bill as you well know, we will try anything up here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
But my poor grammar has let me down again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif that should read Champers or Bundy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Pete, not to worry, I'll try the Champers & Bundy combo and let you know how I go - once I get my car o the road!
Just got a shot sent to me of the rear clip with its clear coat on it. I'm heading down there now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Bill.

Attachments

• 75709-Image024.jpg
    75709-Image024.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 912
Great news Bill.
How's MY CAR going? I've been waiting for some photos too. Any news???? I wish i could "head down there now". Distance is a BUGGER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Tim

Can't do much about the distance thing for you, but I do know that Al has started working on your car. I also know that Mike (who was striping my front clip in a previous post) is assisting Al with the major body work, so things will progress quicker than my car. On that note, due to my dark colours, Al probably won't do another like it for at least a year - he feels he needs that long to get over the nightmares and anxiety /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/zzzzz.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif
He also mentioned your colour scheme to me and it sounds to me like you're on a winner there too.
As I am down there a bit over the next couple of weeks, I'll take some snaps of your car and email them up to you.
This is what you've got to look forward to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 75759-DSC00095.JPG
    75759-DSC00095.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 878

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks guys, although the credit must go to Allan and Mike for the top job they've done.
Pete - you are right about the sunnies, the champagne stripe "lights up" when the sun hits it, and I am sure it will cause me problems on the road. I think it is time to upgrade to some prescription sunglasses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Chris - You are welcome to pick me up on yor way through /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Lots of work done in the last month or so, but here is a shot with the front clip on the car from last night.

Attachments

• 80100-Clipgoeson-17-04-06.JPG
    80100-Clipgoeson-17-04-06.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 886

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
here's one with front end work in progress

Attachments

• 80101-frontend-16-04-06.JPG
    80101-frontend-16-04-06.JPG
    280.7 KB · Views: 947

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Working on the fuel tanks in this photo. Tricky bit of work to get the fuel sender unit installed as the manual calls for all the holes to be drilled an tapped.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Attachments

• 80129-fueltank-02.JPG
    80129-fueltank-02.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 920
Looking fantastic Bill. I always look forward to your updates on your build. I can't wait for you to finish it (particularly as I live in Melbourne and thus have a high chance of getting to see it up close at some GT40 event or another).

regards

Jack

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks Jack

I can't wait to finish it either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
You are welcome to visit if you want, just bring your overalls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill.

Jack,
i would take Bill up on his offer,you may have to pull on the overalls but on the bright side Bill does have a very well stocked bar fridge, I think I might have to drop in on the weekend just to check on Bills progress myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
A few more items that I have been preparing, here is a shot of my dash:

Attachments

• 80961-dashboardreadyforwiring.JPG
    80961-dashboardreadyforwiring.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 922
Back