Roaring Forties # 61

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Thanks All for your kind words and support! rockonsmile

This project could not have happened without the support of the forum.

I am by no means ON THE ROAD yet as a registered vehicle. I am getting a 30 day permit to iron out any issues. I then have to change manifolds and motec programs to a complying setup so that it can then go to the engineer for final assessment. Upon the (hopeully) successful assessment of the 40, an application is made to Vicroads (the motor vehicle certifying bureaucracy here in my part of the world) so that they can issue a VIN for the car. An appointment is made so that they too can inspect the vehicle - therefore it must stay in the complying configuration (no track days in between :rolleyes: ) until the inspection is complete. At this point the registration process is over and plates are issued - or you can use your own plates such as the ones on my car.

This whole process can take weeks, engineering maybe 2 to 5 days and Vicroads 2-4 weeks until inspection. If the engineer is not happy, then you make changes prior to going to Vicroads.

Peter D, the black marks will appear in the driveway once I get the 30 day permit next week.....:D

Cheers and thanks

Bill.

Bill,

I tried to send you a email but your box is full. I was wondering if youe could share some of your basic setup parameters on the Motec. We are running the same basic hardware and I was looking to see what you used for your REF, CRT, CRIP, COIL, DELL and ignition delay.

Thanks Peter

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hi Willem

PM me your email address and I'll send you the full sized photos.
I hope to take it out for a couple of photos next my friends F430 and Maserati Trofeo soon so I'll post them when I do it.

Cheers

Bill

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Chris

I've been trying to change that for ages - it's NOT my birthday today (I'm trying to hang onto 36 for as long as possible...:eek: )
The damn date settings have Month/Day/Year instead of Day/Month/Year that I'm used to. That means July 5th for me instead of 7th of May.

Thanks for the kind wishes anyway! rockonsmile
Got that Lola yet?

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Bill, once again you car looks sweeeeet, I was just having another look at your pics, is that a Holden (Chevvie) parked on the front lawn?:eek:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Pete:eek:

Wash your mouth out (or maybe your keyboard fingers?) with soap. :p:
The car is a FORD Tickford TL50, number 35 from a total of 58 ever made.

For those that don't know, Tickford were the performance arm of Ford here in Oz prior to 2003 when Prodrive took over and it became known as Ford Performance Vehicles. The TL/TE & TS models are great cars, with the series 3 versions coming out with the 347 stroker Windsors from factory. Of the 3 models, the TL50 is the rarest as it is basically a GT Fairlane.

Mine is a series 1.

Cheers
Bill

Attachments

• 18012007323.jpg
    18012007323.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 908

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
GT40 Starting again

After a complete brain fade on my behalf just prior to Christmas where I proceded to mangle the upper part of my engine after an ill-fated cam swap, I finally got it all back together and started it last night. It's off to get dynoed on the weekend and will hopefull be ready for the ALL FORD DAY on the 17th of February in Geelong.
Now the fun can begin....

bill

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Shot of the front of car, I'll move the indicators later on so this is how it will stay for the time being.... You get an idea of the rear look as well as the sound from the video in the previous post.

Attachments

• 03022008464.jpg
    03022008464.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 725

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Hi Bill - the car is looking fabulous, & sounds awesome in the video !!

How do things stand with the rego ? (Did you get it passed before the engine drama ?).

If it makes you feel any better, you are not Robinson Crusoe on that one - shortly after rego, mine needed a total rebuild after a roller bearing let fly in a lifter.

It wasn't a problem - I just had a few stern words with the manufacturer of the car (me) about warranties & surprise, he/I agreed to fix the problem !!! It should be noted that the manufacturer did not consult his CFO when agreeing to this deal - all receipts have been carefully hidden !!

All the best,

Peter D.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Peter

I think you and I went to the same school of Accounting.....:eek:

The car was officially registered October last year, 2 days after my daughter was born. The trouble started when I tried to install my DRB purchased exhaust into my RF enginebay. Due to the use of the Audi transaxle my drive train sits higher in relative terms to a DRB, hence "bundle of snakes" wouldn't let the rear clip close. Some extensive surgery and about 3 weeks later and after a manifold and cam change I turned the key, saw flames shoot out of the trumpets and felt my heart bounces off my shoes....

I have driven the car all of about 800m since registering it. The reason for that was partly a combination of NFS (New Father Syndrome), ATM (All Thumbs Mechanic) and WWIT (What Was I Thinking?) when I inadvertantly F'd the valves/lifters/dogbones/timing gear and pushrods..... Well it is all back together again as evidenced by the video clip a couple of posts back so tomorrow it is off to the dyno. That will be an interesting drive of about 15km, after which I need to put some serious miles on the car as I have a 300km round trip next weekend for the All Ford Day.
I should have more photos to come for that event!

Bill

Back