rolldown side windows

Ok, I've bitten the bullet and spent 50 of my hard earned pounds on a pair of second hand Mondeo estate regulators. Currently they stand at 14" tall, which is the shortest i could find. It looks pretty easy to cut them down, so I'll get some piccies up soon. I've got just under 12" to play with (you won't here me say that very often ;) ) inside the doors for height, so it's out with the grinder.

Getting the window to pass the door mechanism looks doable if we go down the Ford GT route of insetting the window to allow for this as well as the air vent...

Graham.

Great stuff, Graham. It probably won't happen without a lot of fiddling and swearing, but I believe it is a very worthwhile project which will be informative for those deliberately enjoying their cars as much as possible in day to day use.

I like your thinking on the approach,

Dalton

Graham,
I haven't forgotten about you. Here is a site for the Bailey mouldings to give you an idea what's available. They only have the soft stuff. It gives you a guide. I think the rigid stuff is the way to go.
Dave
www.elastoproxy.com

Hi Dave,

I sent you an email yesterday which I hope you have received.

The "Baily Mouldings" that you refer to , are these the vertical channels that the glass runs up and down in? If so, I'm wondering if it will be just as easy to fab some out of ally, with the correct bend in them, then glue the brush runner inside where the window contacts these runners?

Or am I way off?

Graham.

Graham,
You are correct. I am trying to see if I can find the vendor that supplied the truck plant when I was there. We used the black medal channel. You could do the whole window opening in it. I will add a picture.
Dave

Attachments

• MwB7tPfq2WkM0xh8NJkZkhOLihkySkoKrPT1ixIrk0qTs_WS83P1M3MT01OL9X0NzSzNjBgYAA__.jpg
    MwB7tPfq2WkM0xh8NJkZkhOLihkySkoKrPT1ixIrk0qTs_WS83P1M3MT01OL9X0NzSzNjBgYAA__.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 377
Brian,
That channel is OK if you have recess to put it into. We need the "H" style with felt "U" on the inside and the rubber "U" seal in the outer. We want to use the existing lip in the window opening and shape it to the opening. May have to lose the bottom lip to cut a 1/2" slot across the bottom of the window opening. We can glass in two lips outer and inner for the plastic belt seal across the bottom. This is a picture of the soft channel. The flap is for locking it into place
Dave

Attachments

• windows_channel-over.jpg
    windows_channel-over.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Nice one guys :thumbsup:

Been staring at my doors whilst painting the chassis satin black, but I'm hoping to get round to them soon, after rebuilding all the suspension etc...
:(

Cheers,

Graham.

Back