Should guns be banned in the United States? Your thought.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The real question should be: What is the greater daily threat to the average US Citizen, terrorism or guns?

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely NO.

When I was growing up I was able to go into my local hardware store and buy a 22 rifle without any concern and go rabbit and fox shooting.
We were taught about the use of and the dangers of guns and we did not all turn out to be killers and madmen

Get rid of the bleeding hearts and the do gooder PC correct people and that would be a great start.
And the one great thing that seems to be in short supply is common sense.

Dimi.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Can I say my 80 year old mother just bought a gun. The end of the world is near.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Can she shoot straight, though?

Guns are a bigger threat, honestly. But are you saying that we have to deal with one or the other, but not both?

Come you Mericans Pete has started a thread that may just put the gun/antigun debate to bed.

Questions I would like the answers for.

1. Percentage of legal vs illegal firearms out there.
2. Percentage or numbers of innocent people killed by legally owned guns vs illegal.
3. percentage of inter gang related deaths using guns ( not that anyone gives a fuck as its just bleach in the gene pool ).
4. Numbers genuinely killed by accident , police crossfire ,hunting etc.
5. Numbers killed by nutters or crimes of passion.

Kin hurry up because I need to go out.

Bob :)

The real question should be: What is the greater daily threat to the average US Citizen, terrorism or guns?

Or what is the greater daily threat to the US citizen, Tobacco products, Alcohol, Hospitals and Doctors, Slow healthcare response, Cars, terrorist or mentally unfit people with firearms?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Questions I would like the answers for.

1. Percentage of legal vs illegal firearms out there.
2. Percentage or numbers of innocent people killed by legally owned guns vs illegal.
3. percentage of inter gang related deaths using guns ( not that anyone gives a fuck as its just bleach in the gene pool ).
4. Numbers genuinely killed by accident , police crossfire ,hunting etc.
5. Numbers killed by nutters or crimes of passion.

Kin hurry up because I need to go out.

Bob :)

Here...you wade through it. Whatever 'stats' you're looking for probably ought to be in here someplace (?).
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

But, I doubt any LEO or LE agency actually 'checks the boxes' on some legal form or another following gun incidents. And some gun incidents are rarely reported in the 1st place. E.g.: How would anyone know the actual number of times someone has prevented a mugging, home invasion, strong arm robbery or whatever by simply drawing a gun? No one would have been shot in a "gun incident" such as that. Ergo; no "killed or injured" stat...no "legal vs. illegal" guns stat.
:chug:

These are US deaths per year/ Per day
Medical related deaths 225K / 616
Tobacco 400K / 1095
Drunk driving 25K / 68
Alcohol 750K / 2055
Cancer 585K / 1603
Firearm homicide 12K / 33

It seems that we've lost our priorities. There are 4 causes of death that surpass firearms every 20 days or less.

In many locales, crime is intentionally under reported.
Such as here "xxxx xxx, a wonderful place to live" signs all over.

I have three LEO's and a Sherriff in the neighborhood, and we talk. Most home invasions and resultant defensive shootings to end the crimes are not reported.

In case of a home invasion type of shooting death the PD, Sherriff and mortuary are the only ones notified (other than the decedents relatives). We do have a "Castle Doctrine" in Florida.

Statistics are not all inclusive.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I took her to the gun range that rents guns. she hit the target a bunch whole box of bullets. Her fear is legitimate, many cousins unwillingly tattooed and gassed. Today with the influx of illegals, mainly the gangs and muslim extremist she has a right to be afraid.

Back