SLC 36 Cam's Build

They had a bit of the runway closed down too. Nice pavement!

Attachments

• Lear4.JPG
    Lear4.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 552
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q55S_PczxzY" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Looks and sounds good! 8:10

Video of you leaving C&C from another angle: 6:27
Shots of you cruising the parking lot: 1:33
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDIw4BBTk10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Car sounds AWESOME! Glad to see you enjoying it. When I get to build mine I plan to drive it as much as possible. I put lots of miles on my Camaro and am smiling the whole time. I hope to do the same with a SLC. ;)

Wow. Car sounds AWESOME! Glad to see you enjoying it. When I get to build mine I plan to drive it as much as possible. I put lots of miles on my Camaro and am smiling the whole time. I hope to do the same with a SLC. ;)

I bet none of the on-lookers, drooling at their steering wheels, would guess a camaro and SL-C use a nearly identical motor :nice:

It is such a small world. I just had a buddy come visit from Denton, Texas. We started talking cars and he pulls out his phone and said he would give me 20 bucks if i could name that car. And It was a picture of your car Cam.

The Yugo label is great, i highly recommend it. It REALLY confuses people. One of the best junk yard purchases you can make.

Here is a shot from another car show. Another nice SLC feature, you get put into "miscellaneous" catagory so, you win.

Attachments

• Car show2.JPG
    Car show2.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 613
It is such a small world. I just had a buddy come visit from Denton, Texas. We started talking cars and he pulls out his phone and said he would give me 20 bucks if i could name that car. And It was a picture of your car Cam.

It drives people nuts to not know what the car is. I was signing up at the TMS Creson track 100 miles away. I had to send pictures. The guy thats running the track day said he'd had an identical photo forwarded to him from a friend Denton asking him to "Please ID this car!"

At Cars and Coffee, the Momentum Race group has adopted me. I thinkit's cuz of the LS3 similar to their SCCA car. They say I'm a good draw, so i don't have to get up at 0 dark:30 to get a spot, they just lift up the cones. Another nice feature of the SLC, you can sleep in!

Attachments

• Cars coffee may1.jpg
    Cars coffee may1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 385
  • P6040502.JPG
    P6040502.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 401
Between Track Days and car shows the SLC has been booked every weekend, but I've still been workin on it. 2,100 miles and counting

I noticed on track days the transaxle was getting hot. The oil was boiling out of the vents. On the Ford GT columns this is pretty common with tracked car. I'm in the process of routing the AN-8 line to a B&M cooler hangin off the diffuser.

On the old tail i cut the exhaust short so i can open the rear clip. Problem is the exhaust gas was melting the F/G. The 1/8" Al flat stock seems to have stopped that and still allows the clip to pivot.

Attachments

• transaxle cooler.JPG
    transaxle cooler.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 478
  • Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    Exhaust diffuser.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 492
Cam - too much mileage ... that's as much as I have on my cobra after 4yrs!

Less driving more building .... go buy a 917 and start the build process so I have somebody to harass for help when I get around to ordering one :D

Back