SLC at VIR 13 hour Oct 29th

Steve

Supporter
Bummer, they were within 44 sec and had to stop for fuel. Back to 3rd. I think they can beat the lead car, but the Bimmer in 2nd has too fast of a pace. Maybe a caution flag?

Will Campbell says they are about to bring Ryan in for the last fuel stop. Then they are going to turn him loose for the last stint, they have been running in econo mode to limit the fuel stops as best they can...after the last stop it will be balls to the wall!
They can only run 10 gallons out of the tank instead of the 25 that is in it due to the pick-up problems...aaarrrgghhh

I guess they stopped while I was typing...the stop was to cost 1.5 laps....ahhhhhrrggghh

Looks like they just took the final fuel stop at 37 minutes left in the race. They fell back to 3rd and are 65 seconds out of second place, which is 1 lap behind leader. I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like they have a good chance not only at a podium finish but posibly winning this thing!

Ron Earp

Admin
Looks like the last fuel stop and now down one lap.

36 mins to go, about 16-17 laps. If they are 9 seconds a lap quicker it'll take around 13 laps to make up the distance, if it is indeed a full lap down. I assume the M3 will not need to take on fuel.

Going to be close but I think they can do it! Dang, with no fuel problems this wouldn't even be an issue.

2nd place and the 3rd place 01 SLC are running nearly identical lap times and they are both gaining on the 1st place car at about 12 seconds a lap. 28 minutes to go.

Looks like the second BMW was holding back as well. They are now matching the SLC lap times and are showing in second place.

Both the 2nd place BMW and the 3rd place SLC are gaining on the leader by about 10 seconds a lap. They may catch him before the end of the race (approx 10 laps left), but the 2nd place car is matching Ryan's pace. A podium finish would be absolutely fantastic.

Looks like we are going to run out of laps :( need about 12 laps to take second.... not that many laps left. I hope my math is wrong!

Think about how cool a podium finish would be after a 13 hour race running a "stock" engine. If I count correctly, this is only the 5th race outing for the car. VERY IMPRESSIVE!
Currently in third overall at 2:03.191 away from first place with 13 minutes left.

Ron Earp

Admin
I think you're right. Low lap count this year due to a couple of big accidents and stoppages. last year hit 337 laps if I remember correctly

Back