SPF #2285 Born, But Still Coming To Life

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Looking good Robert. I will have a set of these canards and rear spoiler for sale soon if anyone is interested. They are powdercoated black. Click on the P2161 link in my sig to view them.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Mike - sounds like you've decided on what changes you're making to your car. Are you repainting? What's the decision?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
:) I am still waffling on some things and will post up once they have firmed up. Safe to say there may be some major changes coming to 2161 :)

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Canard Mounting Points and Other

260 on the speedo...go get em Robert! Your car continues to impress. Can you photo how the canards are attached to your car please. I assume the canards came from Dennis. BTW I like em a lot.

Jimmy, I took a pict of the canard mounting points. Had to reach my arm up beneath and take the pict blindly. If it's not suitable for your purpose, let me know and I'll take a pict when the car's up on the lift again. Robert

IMG_7591.jpg IMG_7589.jpg IMG_7590.jpg

Robert,

For those of us just dreaming or patiently awaiting delivery, your photos and videos are very much appreciated. Thank you for posting such terrific high quality videos!

I'm guessing the Red Mk1 in the background of your most recent video is the one Hillbank has listed for sale? Vaguely considered it, but decided to continue to wait for my wide body.

Please keep the videos coming!

Thanks,

- Liondog

Robert, thank you for posting the photos of the canards. This will help a lot. Sorry for my tardy reply. Must have missed your posting. Car is looking Sweeeeeet!

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Red MKI Is 4-Sale

Robert,

For those of us just dreaming or patiently awaiting delivery, your photos and videos are very much appreciated. Thank you for posting such terrific high quality videos!

I'm guessing the Red Mk1 in the background of your most recent video is the one Hillbank has listed for sale? Vaguely considered it, but decided to continue to wait for my wide body.

Please keep the videos coming!

Thanks,

- Liondog

Thanks Jeffrey,

I was happy to learn you enjoy the still, and motion images!

Your hunch was correct; the red MKI is currently for sale.

Cheers, Robert

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Reply To Canard Note

Robert, thank you for posting the photos of the canards. This will help a lot. Sorry for my tardy reply. Must have missed your posting. Car is looking Sweeeeeet!

No problem. Let me know whenever I can assist.

Thanks for the car lov, Robert

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 p2285 Video, Rear Glass Panel, and Avon Tires

Very nice video, you in the movie business? What happened to the back glass?

Hello Jack!

The back safety glass panel is alive and well, but have it safely stored. I will likely never use it. It never rains in Kalifornia, and my car is mostly for shows. I am working on plan for polished trim and night illumination, as well as other major projects for that rear area. Some traditionalists, including Lance, do not like the open engine compartment. I will give more consideration to their well-meaning suggestions when they begin making cash donations . . . :laugh:

I started out 35-years ago with still photography. In the late 80s I discovered video, computer animation, and 3D object modeling. In early 90s founded and operated video production/editing company. It was a very interesting period because I began just as the whole video industry was converting from linear analog editing, to non linear digital editing, and analog cams were moving toward digital, and providing customers with masters was moving toward the then new technology of DVDs. Operated the business for 10 years, sold it, but remained active with projects for myself, my employer, and friends. It is a huge burden to keep computers, operating systems, software and cameras upgraded! But, it is enjoyable, provides a means for creative expression, and keeps my simple mind active. So, it’s probably worth the effort and expense.

I wanted to ask you about your tires. You are one of the rare few with the SPF extra wide body. So, do you have the 14" wide Avons with the hand cut historic tread? It appears from photos of your car Lance sent me a year and a half ago when I was deciding on the EWB, that you do have them too. I noted that in a recent post on different thread you said you were surprised at the mileage you were getting around town - not tracking. Can you be more specific please. I seem to remember that you have a different set of tires when you track your car.

Also, concerning your rear tires, what degree of camber were you able to run with? I have to go with negative 1 1/2 degree to keep from occasionally rubbing the very top edge on the rear tires. I could grind the inside edge of the wheel-well, and then run at 1 or so degrees. I remain weary of that solution.

Thanks for info you can provide, Robert

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Re: GT40 p2285 Video, Rear Glass Panel, and Avon Tires

Hello Jack!

I wanted to ask you about your tires. You are one of the rare few with the SPF extra wide body. So, do you have the 14" wide Avons with the hand cut historic tread? It appears from photos of your car Lance sent me a year and a half ago when I was deciding on the EWB, that you do have them too. I noted that in a recent post on different thread you said you were surprised at the mileage you were getting around town - not tracking. Can you be more specific please. I seem to remember that you have a different set of tires when you track your car.

Also, concerning your rear tires, what degree of camber were you able to run with? I have to go with negative 1 1/2 degree to keep from occasionally rubbing the very top edge on the rear tires. I could grind the inside edge of the wheel-well, and then run at 1 or so degrees. I remain weary of that solution.

Thanks for info you can provide, Robert

Not me brother, my car is the middle of the road SPF MK1, not skinny, not fat. I will say after seeing Brains car in person I am envious of the wide look you both have. I run standard Avons.

Your video is first class, keep them coming!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

The back safety glass panel is alive and well, but have it safely stored. I will likely never use it. It never rains in Kalifornia, and my car is mostly for shows. I am working on plan for polished trim and night illumination, as well as other major projects for that rear area. Some traditionalists, including Lance, do not like the open engine compartment

I have to ask Robert... are you being serious? Night illumination?

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
EWB MKI and Avons

Not me brother, my car is the middle of the road SPF MK1, not skinny, not fat. I will say after seeing Brains car in person I am envious of the wide look you both have. I run standard Avons.

Your video is first class, keep them coming!

Brother Jack, I remain confused. On 1/13/2012, Lance sent me an eMail and photo, and he said, "Hi Robert, This was the extra wide body GT40 MKI that we did for Jack. He lives on the east coast. He loves his car. Just found them so I thought I would send them to you." Lance Stander

Here's one of a dozen photos he sent with that eMail:
Wide body 071.jpgCould this be another Jack? Maybe you have a EWB and not a WB? The tires in this photo ARE Avons, do have the hand cut historic treads, and appear to be 14" wide like mine. I suppose they could be 12.5" wide and then that could be a WB. The 14s are only made with the very soft rubber. The 12.5s are available with the very soft and a slightly harder version.

Curious minds need to know. Thanks, Robert

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
GT40 Glow Sticks Forever

I hope he's not talking of the Ricer glow sticks!!!!:laugh::laugh:
Maybe its some cleverly concealed LEDs??

Bill

Now that is funny Bill! :laugh:
It's good to learn that along with your sharp mind and articulate descriptions of your numerous car projects you have an equally gifted whimsical side.

"cleverly concealed LEDs" :idea2:

With all your other gifts, you're a great detective too: you nailed it.

Glow Sticks Forever, Cheers, Robert

Last edited:
Hi Robert,

I have a EWB Red Mk1 on order. Would love to see the dozen or so photos Lance sent you if you still have them available.

- Liondog

Mike

Lifetime Supporter

Yes. Robert
What is your thinking Robert? Better able to see the engine without the glass? There is another GT40 that doesn't have glass but I think its because it has a hi-rise manifold on it. Will the glass fit with your injection setup?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XweSFUWoRy4]Ford GT 40 Sound Oldtimertreffen Bad Vilbel-Massenheim 03.07.11 - YouTube[/ame]

Back