Strongest transaxles

Hi,
I've been searching endlessly for an affordable transaxle that will hold big power.

I have a turbo 427 sbf windsor that was originally being built for my mustang but I've decided to use it in a 40. The motor is capable of 1400 horsepower but being turbo, I can easily change the boost to change the power level. I think lowest boost setting will be 700ish hp and I want to take it above 1000hp.

I am looking to basically just hit over 200mph in the half mile and hurt my friends feelings (turbo viper, turbo hurican, turbo coyote mustang)

What are my affordable options that fit in a gt40 and hold tons of power?

Thank you
Nick

Hahaha I know. I almost added that into the post. I mean more along the lines of maybe a Graziano l140 with a drop gear. It's a transaxle that is pretty easily found, isn't 30k and seems pretty strong.

Can a zf be built to handle those levels or a 996/997 Porsche with better gear ratios?

My friends from Motopark Oschersleben are rebuilding their Grazianos gearboxes for their turbo Audi R8 with 1400 hp. The new gear set alone costs 28.000 €. The whole gearbox then costs over 50.000€. A gearbox from the R8 V10 engine can max. 800 Nm. Ask John from HFC, he is also here in the forum. He can tell you what it takes to rebuild Graziano for that much power.

are you running drag slicks? If not, the tires will light up way before you reach full throttle in first and second gear, probably also third. Talk to CMS and BMC&G about doing a Porsche G50-50 or G96-96/97, probably a $15-17K box (though I haven't checked that).

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I know very well of a 930 equipped mid-engine ran over 1100 HP on a dyno just to see if it would, but was run at a lower settings (811 HP) on the street (twin turbo SBC). I can see if he wants to discuss it if that's the route you want to go. I've spent about 3k for a transaxle, and then 3.5K on the proper rebuild.

are you running drag slicks? If not, the tires will light up way before you reach full throttle in first and second gear, probably also third. Talk to CMS and BMC&G about doing a Porsche G50-50 or G96-96/97, probably a $15-17K box (though I haven't checked that).
It will definitely have drag radials on it for dyno tuning and straight line events like half mile or if I run it down the drag strip for some reason. I will look up the names you mentioned, thank you!

I know very well of a 930 equipped mid-engine ran over 1100 HP on a dyno just to see if it would, but was run at a lower settings (811 HP) on the street (twin turbo SBC). I can see if he wants to discuss it if that's the route you want to go. I've spent about 3k for a transaxle, and then 3.5K on the proper rebuild.
That sounds right up my alley! If he wants to share some wisdom I would love to hear it

You want strong ?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 539
Back