T-3 GT40s...

So, I get an email from a friend who has a lead (haha...don't all great tragedies start like this?) on a GT40 project. Great! So, who’s kit? T-3 he says.

I sit and scratch my head. T-3..hmmm...
I look around the forum (blasted search can't do <3 character searches). All I get are some vague references to this "problematic" kit.

Now, I haven't even seen this thing yet, but I already have the feeling it isn't real high up on the quality scale. Can anyone provide some background? Even the manufacturers site is no longer there.... that can't be good LOL

Thanks!
James

"Creag an Tuirc"

This is how it looks:
t3gt40.jpg

Notice the enlongated nose. Also the back is not well done.

compgtstudio.jpg

why with so many nice replicas all around u can like this bad look one?.
If u see at Cavs,RCR, Gox, dax or also old kva u can see HOW different are from this one (also if I note too often t3s have great engines).

To me this kit looks like mr2 based carrera gt or fiero factory ferrari (or fake lambos).
I love NICE replicas, but if the replica is so far away from the original I think is just a waste of time and money.
I only consider Cobra and gt40 and for the moment I learn more over gts than cobra.
All the others for me arent much more than plastic lookalike (i personally HATE fiero ferrari..maybe cause I am italian..).
Too different in look from the real thing

Paolo

GT 40 Replica

Gentlemen,

The body looks like a Kellison GT40 - just sold mine. I can't vouch for the frame.

John

It sorta looks like it's back is broken, with that droop look. Similar sentiments on the nose, like someone came along and squashed it.

I believe it uses a Sting Ray windshield. Look at the leading lower edge of the windshield, screws up the shape of the nose. BUT! windshields and trans axles have always been a problem in designing a replica of any mid-engined car.

Bill

The T-3 uses a Corvair windshield. Fran told me he once converted a T-3
body to a "normal" GT40 windshield/nose...must have taken a LOT of work.
My guess is that LA Exotics (original maker of this replica), purchased
a set of Kellison/Valkerie molds and made some changes to make it more
like the GT40.

Unfortunately they weren't very successful, which is a shame
since the concept (basic space frame with rugged/easy to find suspension and running gear) could have been successful. IMHO the body shape was just too far removed from the original for most people's taste, which resulted
in poor sales.

Mike

If someone buys Mike's car I will give them (for FREE) a front headlight/nose mould to help make the front more correct .....it was taken from a GTD many moons ago......it would make a huge difference to how the car looks and does not really take that much work for a determined chap...

Mikes car does work well..no overheating etc etc.....

Back