The beast is born

Come to mamma. . .

Attachments

• g9600.jpg
    g9600.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 479
It appears that the most important skill when taking on the challenge of one of these cars is patience. Because there is A LOT of waiting. And unfortunately only one of us on this team (not me) has that skill.

Having already lost a full year waiting for the Griffen to materialize, we jumped onto the Porsche wagon a month ago and have been waiting for Gbox to put together all the pieces we need. I was at the point of pulling my hair out when these pictures arrived. . . just in time.

Certainly some surprises here. Look at that flywheel.:shocked: Looks massive, but the center is hollow. Certainly a unique setup using the stock GM flexplate and starter. Admittedly, I'm a little uneasy about this but defer to the experience of the Gbox crew.

schills-albums-g96-parts-picture1113-g96-clutch-other-parts-make-work.jpg

schills-albums-g96-parts-picture1112-g96-flywheel.jpg

All so we can use this.

schills-albums-g96-parts-picture1114-g9600.png

At least things are moving again. Hopefully this will all ship to Fran's soon, so it can meet the LS3 and then finally leave his shop with the rest of the car.

Hmmm... I didn't know any of this was available for the porsche box. Can you share the costs of this set-up.

Certainly some surprises here. Look at that flywheel.:shocked: Looks massive, but the center is hollow. Certainly a unique setup using the stock GM flexplate and starter. Admittedly, I'm a little uneasy about this but defer to the experience of the Gbox crew.

schills-albums-g96-parts-picture1113-g96-clutch-other-parts-make-work.jpg

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its only for the G96 box from the 996 with the 7 bolt mounting and the starter mounting on the engine block...not the four bolt transaxles with the starter pocket on the transaxle itself...

Fran, I'm still learning about Porsche boxes... I have the g96/50. Is this the series/model you're referring to.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Not many... install the drivetrain components as a unit...clutch , flywheel , trans etc , modify the water pump...drop the drivetrain into the chassis.

Thanks Fran. I see the window sections were left in rather than cut out. Was wondering if you fit the body but it seems as if not.

Back