the garage

I love driving all the cars but it is also cool when the day is done and your back home & you just finished cleaning & checking everything for the next run. Oh yeah there is a TV & fridge with Heineken just past the motorcycle which helps also :rolleyes:
apd.jpg

As we are all showing of I thought I would put my shed up.
Its a ripper
No fridge but I have an esky and a lounge when the chickens are not roosting in it.

Jim

Attachments

• run-down-sheds_49381.jpg
    run-down-sheds_49381.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 509

Mike Pass

Supporter
You are a man of some taste. I assume that is a 1963 split window Corvette in the foreground?
Enjoy!!!
Cheers
Mike

Jim that is some beautiful land ! Do you have an extra building lot ? Mark ,the BDR Gt is built in Cape Town by CAV / Auto Futura ,thanks to a state of the art factory and all your fine craftsmen ! Mike ,the Vette is a 1965 so no split window. But it is still real cool with a 327/340 HP & it has had a body off restoration. A very different drive from the GT & the Cobra but still very fun !

Rick

Rick - Ever had a hot start problem with the 327? I had a '66 roadster with the 427BB,c/r m-21 and factory hard top.NO power steering- not available due to confines of bay.That thing ran so damn hot on a summer day.You could always tell the big blocks 'cause they had the hood opened on the safety latch to let air through when in traffic.Anyway,when are you going to be in the area,like at Vintage M/S so I can finally see the car? - keep missing you. A.J.

Just so Jim doesnt feel lonely, here is a pic of my shed ( yeah its that gray thing at the bottom of pic behind the trees). Would take a closer one, but it ( the shed ) dont look to handsome at the moment, you see I have this old ute ( pickup for you USA types ) that the inhibitor switch is non functional on & I have been startin her with a screwdriver across the solenoid lately- well you guessed it, Yup she was in reverse and just backed right thru the front wall, got a lot further than I expected too as I stood there with the screwdriver. Never did like the wall cladding anyway. S**t happens!!:)

Pic is taken from top of ridge above house/shed looking SW, Gore to right of pic.

Last edited:
Jac - Doesn't matter what the shed(or the house) looks like - just that you have one to call your own.And the location is top notch,a bit less congested than where some of us live. It's a good thing you didn't have the truck in 1st,my friend;we don't want to lose any forum members,especially that way. A.J.

I have this old ute ( pickup for you USA types ) that the inhibitor switch is non functional on & I have been startin her with a screwdriver across the solenoid lately- well you guessed it, Yup she was in reverse and just backed right thru the front wall,

:laugh: Reminds me when I was an apprentice, I was in the new car yard and fiddling with a car that wouldn't start.
Worked out it was just a loose battery terminal, Cool I thought as I reached in the door to crank her over. That's right forgot to check it was in nuetral. The car fired into life and charged toward the car in front........BANG. Broken glass and plastic everywhere.
I got a good Ass kicking from the service Manager that I'll never forget.

Charlie M

Supporter
I don't know, I kind of like mine.

There's no fridge in there but the Sam Adams lager usually isn't far away.

Attachments

• Toy_Box.jpg
    Toy_Box.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 342

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
They are getting smaller
I think this is the smallest with a GT40 in at present
Hence the need for me to unscrew the drivers window each time I put the car away - reach through and steer it in as is'a a shared drive.

BUT It still makes me smile every time I open the door!

Ian

Attachments

• DSCF1900.jpg
    DSCF1900.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 346
  • DSCF1901.jpg
    DSCF1901.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 376
A.J. I've had some vapor-lock issues with the carb on hot days . The original Carb is a box now & I'm runnig a Holly which solved the problem & it woke up the motor also. I might be heading up to Vintage in the next week or so. I'll let you know & hope we can meet up.
Jac or Jim you must have a extra building lot? That is some beautiful land !
Charlie I like my Sam Adams ice cold .
Ian I know what you mean & on your worst day just push that start button & it makes me smile.:thumbsup:

33 acres here on main highway north, plenty of spots to build houses/sheds, all able to be tucked away out of view from road, but with views to mountains & coast. 2 hrs x road from Q/town & Dunedin international flight connection airports. fishing , vintage aircraft, Warbirds @ Wanaka, 1/2hr from coast. ''Dead Nuts'' Replicas of GT40, D/C/E -Type Jags, Lotus7 etc all being manufactured within 70/100 mile radius. Teretonga road circuit 1hr, available for private hire & regular club meets.

Downside- yep it gets cold in winter- even more reason to stay inside & work on the toys. Oh & the bridges are to narrow for some out of town drivers::: :)

Ian, that is SO London looking. Everything narrow, with land at an absolute premium.
Jac, the location is beautiful, but the climate!! I've an uncle in Timaru and they practically have permafrost there; you can't pit a spade in the ground all winter. Even the snow hares get frostbite.

Jac, the location is beautiful, but the climate!! I've an uncle in Timaru and they practically have permafrost there; you can't pit a spade in the ground all winter. Even the snow hares get frostbite.

Dalton,
I know quite a few race drivers & associates from the Timaru area & they tend to exagerate things a bit as well---- must be a South Canterbury trait! :)

Jac,you say it gets cold- what's the coldest you'll normally see on a midwinter's day/night.We in southern New England see occasional days that never get out of single digits degr F,but generally not much below,say, -10 or -15 deg F at the coldest,although I have seen a night maybe forty plus years ago where it reached mid -20's.What are your summertime temps(sounds much more appealing).I would sure like to visit your corner of the planet some day. AJ

Jac,you say it gets cold- what's the coldest you'll normally see on a midwinter's day/night.We in southern New England see occasional days that never get out of single digits degr F,but generally not much below,say, -10 or -15 deg F at the coldest,although I have seen a night maybe forty plus years ago where it reached mid -20's.What are your summertime temps(sounds much more appealing).I would sure like to visit your corner of the planet some day. AJ

AJ, it never gets down to those levels ,
Winter--around -5°/-8°C ( approx 23°/15°F ) would be a common overnight low with 0°/ 8°C (approx 32°/48°F ) during the day.

Summer--14°/20° C would be hot days ( 58°/70°F )

These are 'very' rough temp conversions!!! I cannot be bothered doing it properly!!!

What makes it 'cold' is the wind chill factor off the southern ocean along with snowfalls on the surrounding hills. further inland at places like Queenstown & at higher elevations the temps can be lower in winter & hotter in summer, but are also dryer. winter temps below 0°C for several days on end due to ground fog in these areas are quite common, yet 200' up it can be a crystal clear sky. In the summer high humidity can make outdoor activity a real chore and I have worked in higher temp enviroments in West Australia that were more bearable than similar tasks here at home. In the south Island I doubt there is any point that is further than 80/90 miles in direct line from the coast.

Back