The Original KVA now sold

I finally decided to call the dealer selling Kens original mk3 only to be told it had been sold. The dealer was in Lancashire, England but I have no idea where the buyer lives. I had this mad idea that some of us could club together to buy the car that started us on this hobby and maybe loan it to a museum to preserve it in its original form. I would have bought it myself but I havent got enough spare cash lying round for such things. It would be a real shame if whoever bought it didnt understand the history behind it. Hopefully he or she will discover our club and get to know a bit more. Maybe its only those of us who were there at the start who would be interested in preserving the old girl, I don`t know. Would Ford have produced the new GT if Ken hadnt kick started the replica 40 industry? Would Gulf have come back to UK motorsport if all the Gulf coloured replica 40s hadnt revived interest in the brand? If it was a building it would probably have been listed to preserve it. I hope it turns up at a club event somewhere soon. It would have been the star attraction at Cadwell Park. Does anyone know any more about its whereabouts?

Thanks for the info guys. As a car I wouldnt have valued it at 18k but as a piece of history it would be I think. I always thought it sat well on the road compared to the rubbish that was out there back then. Thats what made me order one as soon as they went into production. I still like it now. Cheers, Kev.

the seller lowered the reserve with about 20 secs to go! seems he wanted to sell it..at whatever cost!

Back