Tire sizes on standard wheels?

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The C6ZR1 wheels would look fantastic. They are 19x10 and 20x12.

Alex, did you find motor mounts yet? I can get you a pair for about $80 US shipped to you. There is a set listed on Corvette Forum right now. I just bought a pair last week.

The C6ZR1 wheels would look fantastic. They are 19x10 and 20x12.

Alex, did you find motor mounts yet? I can get you a pair for about $80 US shipped to you. There is a set listed on Corvette Forum right now. I just bought a pair last week.

Thanks for the offer but I already got a set.

I think the ZR1 rims looks like ass, but that's just my opinion. The CCWs look awesome and suite the car to a T. They fill out the arches perfectly. The standard c6z06 rims look okay too, but I'm biased w/ the CCWs ;)

I'd caution against 20x12 unless you're running some skinny type of tire - I ran into difficulties with 345/30/19 due to the height of the tire. As Fran said above, 325/19 fits so you'd want to compare the profiles to make certain your 20'' tire is similar to them.

18 x 10 and 19 x 12 is standard on an SL-C

Don't forget to get to my questions sometime - I know I asked a lot of them, but that's because i was saving them up over x-mas :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Michelin Pilot Sport 2's come in a 325/25/20 size that is low profile (26.4" diameter) and they are a very good performance tire.

--- Ken

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Fran, if I elect to buy the optional wheels ($3900) does the cost of the standard wheels ($1250) that I pay for in the complete "all stages" kit get subtracted from the optional wheel price? ($3900-$1250=$2650)

I'm just finishing up a standalone LS3 engine wiring harness with a BCM and interior wiring harness from a C6 Corvette. I plan to use the instrument gauge cluster also from the Vette in the SLC (with a modified dash). I am currently researching what to do about the fuel senders. In the C6 Corvette there are two fuel senders (two f tanks). I could just install two senders in the one SLC f tank perhaps. I would really like to use the fuel level gauge in the Corvette instrument cluster. Is the steering column from a C6 Corvette also? What year? If so then I'll take full advantage of the column stalk functions. I have full schematics for most any GM product.

When I pay for the "all stages" kit can I delete the Digidash stage (get credit) and add other options in it's place?

Last edited:
Without A LOT (and by A LOT, I mean A LOT) of work to the dash, the gauge cluster will not begin to fit. The area in the dash for the instrument panel is TINY. I don't think even the speedo from the cluster would begin to fit in it.

If you're doing that to try to save pennies, I think it will seriously bite you in the ass down the road. When I first got the car I was anti-digidash because I liked gauges and needles. I gave serious thought to using autometer gauges, but in the end decided to try the digidash. And I'm darned glad i did. It's VERY flexible, offers a lot of configuration options and recording options, fits perfectly, etc.. etc.. ; it would have been a huge mistake not to use it.

Here's the area in question.

sp5-1.jpg

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I do realize I'd need to remove the two humps on the top of the dash and relocate the drivers side A/C vent and do some major fiberglass work plus make a new pod for the C6 cluster. Here is a picture of it. Making my dash a bit different than everyone elses is a goal for me. This car will most likely be a street driven car only and the digidash just doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks for the picture of your dash Alex.

IMG_0048_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a z06 too - i'd say the area you have to work with in the digidash area (just by itself) is roughly equal to the tachometer + 1/4 of the speedo.

To make that fit, and not look like ass (and I think the second part is important, because I can think of several ways to modify the dash to make it fit, but it sure wouldn't look good), would require one HECK of a lot of work. I just don't see it being feasible.

The information the digidash can display is quite impressive and a lot better than just the 4 'vette gauges.

Personally I wouldn't use the vette cluster (aside from all the above issues) just because it cheapens the look of the car once you start harvesting off a donor car imho.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Fran, if I elect to buy the optional wheels ($3900) does the cost of the standard wheels ($1250) that I pay for in the complete "all stages" kit get subtracted from the optional wheel price? ($3900-$1250=$2650)

I'm just finishing up a standalone LS3 engine wiring harness with a BCM and interior wiring harness from a C6 Corvette. I plan to use the instrument gauge cluster also from the Vette in the SLC (with a modified dash). I am currently researching what to do about the fuel senders. In the C6 Corvette there are two fuel senders (two f tanks). I could just install two senders in the one SLC f tank perhaps. I would really like to use the fuel level gauge in the Corvette instrument cluster. Is the steering column from a C6 Corvette also? What year? If so then I'll take full advantage of the column stalk functions. I have full schematics for most any GM product.

When I pay for the "all stages" kit can I delete the Digidash stage (get credit) and add other options in it's place?

Fran, can you address these questions I have for you.

Sorry Ken....missed that post.

Wheels...yes

column is not Corvette..its power tilt and telescoping , I buy them new from GM...Cadillac XLR..column functioanlity can still be had without GM BCM ..but if you are a whizz with that kind of stuff..then whizz away..

delete the digi-dash ...absolutely.

Drop me an email or give me a call...and ask away.

Back