Tornado TS40 #875

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Everybody

4 point seat belt mounts are available as an option from the factory.

We do not recommend anybody makes modifications or alterations to our chassis frame without prior approval.

I have seen alterations made which would result in serious injury to driver and passenger in the event of a crash.

Please take this whole seat/belt mounting subject elsewhere.

We do not want it on what is supposed to be a BUILD THREAD for 875.

Thanks

Andy

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Please take this whole seat/belt mounting subject elsewhere.

We do not want it on what is supposed to be a BUILD THREAD for 875.

Thanks

Andy

Not quite the reply I would have given but..... I have started a new thread prior to even reading this.

OK then!

Back to the task at hand.

Tomorrow will include right front wheel arch work, some parking brake work, steering rack u-joint work and maybe I'll start some work on the GRP body parts.

S

Right front wheel arch almost complete.

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,247
Tonights work,

Rear suspension ready for brake installation and initial wheel alignment.

Installed parking brake cables and lever.

Began initial install of the production type pre-terminated wiring harness.

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,558
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,480
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,454
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,358
Last edited:
The work continues;

Finished left fwd. wheel arch.

Built up both front spindles & wishbones and installed rotors/brakes/pads and K.O. adapters.

Installed left suspension.

Tomorrow the right side......

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,368
Scott I have been watching this build thread almost daily and I am amazed at how quickly this build is comming together. Although I am a Corvette guy, I have always had a soft spot for the GT40. Watching this Tornado Kit go together almost has me thinking that I could do this! Now you have me wondering whether I should order a ZR1 or build a Tornado GT40. :confused:

Good Day Scott,

Really appreciate your willingness to be very detailed with your onlookers as you construct this car. I am amazed at both the speed and the mechanical simplicity with which this car is being assembled (TSC skeptics not withstanding). Couple of questions; Do you intend to race this car? As this is your 1st build, have you found that you have needed any special tools that a normal weekend car nut would not have?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Thanks again for allowing us to look over your shoulder. I look forward to seeing the tires hit the floor. Keep up the great work!

Thanks guy's...

Bill,

I enjoy your comments, thanks :D.

Tpflyer,

A new ZR1 would certainly get the job done :eek:!

But how about coming over to the Blue Oval instead?

As far as if you can build it or not, why not stop over sometime and check out the build in person? (you too Gregsterv!) To get here from anywhere in Massachusetts is less than 2&1/2 hrs.

This will give you a chance to see exactly what is involved, its pretty simple just follow the 95 page fully illustrated build manual.

Gregsterv,

No organized racing, just some open track days and autocross events in New England.

No special tools except maybe some clecos and a hyd/air powered rivet gun like the one pictured below. I got it cheap at a Harbor Frieght tent sale last Saturday for $29.

Todays accomplishments as promised;

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,251
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,284
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,194
He has still not lost his sense of humour Bill, just tucked the 'raw edge' away for later:)

* Note* the -for space shuttle use only- comment on the plastic bag,- now Scott that really is a bit over the 'top'-even for you!

:):)
Jac Mac

:burnout:Scott thanks for the invite. I just might take you up on that! When do you think you might have the engine in the nest? I think that may be a perfect time for a visit. Also I really like the chrome suspension pieces. Did you do that yourself or did you buy them that way from Tornado?

Have you picked a color yet? Looks like at the rate you are progressing paint is only a few months away. I still can't believe how quickly this car goes together. You must have one very understanding wife!

TPFLYER,

The engine should be in the car within the next 10 days.

Just waiting for the "Holman/Moody" rocker covers to be machined to clearance the Weber intake.

Could be done as early as next Sunday.

All the parts you see being installed are parts supplied direct from Tornado Sports Cars.

Yes, I am closing in on a color. It may be frowned upon, but to me it will look fantastic with black "FORD" sill stripes, and the correct black-out treatment of original cars.

It is that orange/copper/pearl metallic that is on the '08 Ford Edge.

The Ford code is GW.

The car will go to paint about 5 weeks from now, less if all goes well and my schedule can maintain this pace.

Call (413) 977-4408 and come by when ever it is good for you.

Cheers,
S

Black........I love black cars, but after every one I swear I will NEVER have a black car again.
You must love polishing!!

This weekends work;

Installed the throttle cable.

Installed the steering rack.

Installed the front Anti-Roll Bar.

Installed the coolant pipes.

Installed the front lower bulkhead panel.

Installed the main and front wiring harness.

S

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,118
Back