UK RCR - JayPSC

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Thought now I have it I'd better start a build thread. Progress seems to have taken a step backwards already, started off with a rolling chassis, now I'm left with this.
Hopefully I can sort out powdercoating asap so I can start putting it back together again.

Jay

Attachments

• 05112006140.jpg
    05112006140.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,186
  • 05112006141.jpg
    05112006141.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,175

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Yup I need my beauty sleep :p been busy, work this morning & still had time to strip my RCR & fit strutbraces to my Z ;)
Not even 7pm now & I have nothing to do, may have to start cutting up some fibreglass.
How are we attatching these? Angle bracket would work fine if it wasn't over the fuel tank...

Attachments

• 05112006139.jpg
    05112006139.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,107
Last edited:
Hi Jay

considering I dropped your RCR off at 1pm yesterday, I think you just surpassed Fran as the busy boy of the year, or did you get your girlfriend in to help you?

Regards

Chris.

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Nah all by myself, luckily she isn't down with me this weekend otherwise she'd be sat indoors by herself while I'm outside covered in grease & fibreglass dust. Trying to get as much done this weekend as possible as I'm at work all week & partying all next weekend :chug:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats Jay!!!!!!
The pace your going, your going to beat my head start. You rock!!!

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Right some actual progress, been very busy painting the chassis, horrible job.
Used the POR15 which went on ok, I used a roller on the top half for the preventative coat & I'm going to spray the final UV chassis coat on.

Attachments

• DSCF1222.JPG
    DSCF1222.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,880
  • DSCF1223.JPG
    DSCF1223.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,833
  • DSCF1227.JPG
    DSCF1227.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,830
  • DSCF1228.JPG
    DSCF1228.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,816

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Been busy, pedals assembled & mounted, holes drilled to mount seats, master cylinder reservoirs mounted & got the front suspension back on.

Attachments

• Image188.jpg
    Image188.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,744
  • Image189.jpg
    Image189.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,724

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
There ya go Fran, told ya I hadn't been sat on my ass browsing the net all month ;)
I've spent a lot of time ordering everything up I need to complete the build, I have a concise spreadsheet of EVERYTHING I've had to buy so far - I'll post it up when I'm done.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Jay

Brilliant work and at such a pace!

A couple of things
At SVA thise rear lights look the same as mine - they are not classified as reflector so you need to fit some additional rear red reflectors (I bolted mine to the rear vent pannel hold in screw).

Also the top vent pannel - the picture is not overly clear but if the holes are just cut out of a plate you cannot get enough raduis on for the sharp edge test. (Mine was passed with a flat ali plate (no holes)

Strange enough but the rear vents were accepted with just the holes in the plate as the 30 degree cone thing would not contact them

Cheers
Ian

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey Jay,

Nice work so far. It's reassuring to see everyone else is doing a little extra glassing on the inside of the door handles. Looking good though, keep it up.

Are those power locks?

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
IanAnderson said:
A couple of things
At SVA thise rear lights look the same as mine - they are not classified as reflector so you need to fit some additional rear red reflectors (I bolted mine to the rear vent pannel hold in screw).

Also the top vent pannel - the picture is not overly clear but if the holes are just cut out of a plate you cannot get enough raduis on for the sharp edge test. (Mine was passed with a flat ali plate (no holes)

Yeha I thought the may not be reflectors, had already planned to get some stick on ones for SVA time, good plan with the plate, I'll use a blank.

It's a pain knowing what/what not to actually do to the car to make it SVA friendly. Maybe a good idea to have a sticky topic in one forum that everyone can add to with SVA related stuff?

Yes they are power locks, I'm going to have a switch on the dash to lock unlock doors from inside & have them tied into the alarm. No keys on the door, loads less hassle.

Also my numberplates arrived today :pepper:
25.jpg

Very nice Jay, can't wait to see it finished.

Whose power locks and alarm are you going to use (pm if you don't want to announce it). I had thought about doing the same thing, just not sure which actuators to use.

Back