What are your favourite sayings?

"Let Justice be done though the heavens may fall."

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to act in the presence of great fear."

"Dying is one of the few things that can be done as easily lying down."

- Woody Allen -

"There are worse things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman?"

- Woody Allen -

Keith

That's a bit tame for you Marcus? :laugh:

I think I most admire the retort of a senior US Marine officer during the Korean War and presumably during the Chosin Action when asked if he was "retreating" famously said "hell no, I'm just attacking in a different direction"

Now, for the purists amongst you, I realise that what I have written above may not be a pefect rendition of the actual situation, but it is from my dim and distant memory of Military History, not Googled, Pedia'd or any other similar cop out & charlatan search engine.

As long as the sentiment is pretty accurate please accept it as intended and do not waste either my time or this site's bandwidth replying with a tedious and pedantic correction.

The above statement only applies to probably two or three people who have a habit of doing just that.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think what Groucho said was "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member"..

He also said "outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read"

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
God - help me to become the man that my dog believes I am!

Dear Yahoo,

I've never heard anyone say, "I don't know, let's Yahoo! it..." just saying...

Sincerely, Google

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
He's got a couple of Roo's loose in the top paddock.

It's drier than a dead Dingoes donger.

I hope ya chooks turn into Emus and kick ya dunny door in.

He's like a drover's dog, all ribs and dick.

It's your shout mate.

He couldn't drive a hot nail into warm butter with a sledge hammer.

Mike Pass

Supporter
If the human mind was simple enough to understand, we’d be too simple to understand it.

Emerson Pugh

I've had too much to think.

Frank Zappa
Cheers
Mike

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."

- Oscar Wilde -

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing."

- Friedrich Nietzsche -

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
"Halloween is a liberal holiday because we're teaching our children to beg for something for free. … We're teaching kids to knock on other people's doors and ask for a handout." —Fox News host Sean Hannity (October 31, 2007)

Back