What is Your favourite Movie and Why?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Now, on to our regularly scheduled program...my favorite was "V for Vendetta". Great script, wonderful story of Big Brother getting spanked.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oWs_voUPkk]Good Evening London - YouTube[/ame]

Keith

Keith, if I send you a photo of myself, will you use it in your avatar. I would be very honored, even if only for 24 hours :)

Well, there's an offer that's hard to refuse. Send away my friend!

ER, you will have clothes on won't you? :shifty:

The Dam Busters 1955,

A great tribute to Guy Gibson & the rest of 617 squadron, plus Barnes Wallace of course.
The great British war films such as the above have an indefinable quality enhanced by the fact that many of the actors such as Richard Todd were actual war heroes themselves.

Regards Steve

Band Of Brothers:
One of the few movies I own. Only watched it once, just too hard to take.

Huge respect.

On a side note: Falling Down, The golf course scene, one of the best ever.
Ox my head hurts now after reading all the volume of V.

Keith

Just One of Many.......

I Have Always Wanted To Do This.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73RM9gS7bU"]Falling Down (passing through golf course) - YouTube[/ame]

Keith

Band Of Brothers:
One of the few movies I own. Only watched it once, just too hard to take.

Huge respect.

Movie or TV Series? I caught a few episodes of the TV series but was not aware it was a movie. Hope I'm not getting confused with some of the 'Private Ryan' clones around..

Spielberg though?

Man's a genius for detail and authenticity.

Yes BoB was a series I guess. But it was a Theater quality series, I have it on a box set so in my head it is a movie.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Thank you Sir! Now I can check that off my bucket list of being in the rarified notoriety and close association (...close enough) to the "Infamous Keith from GT40s"; connoisseur of fine buxom lasses, spirits, sailing vessels, and wit.

standard.jpg

You may now move on to your next alias.

Back