Why this forum is dissapperaring up its own anus?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Or make it accessible by password. It already doesn't appear in search results. It could be hidden, and, require a password. So you'd really have to want to get in to the hidden, secret, password protected forum to be offended. The password would be provided by asking someone what the password is.

Could we do that with Sub-Forums?
Just thinking that if we made a sub-forum under the Paddock called “Kitchen”... You know - If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the Kitchen!
That way other topics could reside in the regular forum and if they get hot, we just move that topic to the Kitchen!
I just think that the Paddock should offer up what your initial dream was - to emulate the Paddock of a race track where racers and their buddies and gals can get together to BS..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Or make it accessible by password. It already doesn't appear in search results. It could be hidden, and, require a password. So you'd really have to want to get in to the hidden, secret, password protected forum to be offended. The password would be provided by asking someone what the password is.

Naaaaaah - 'too darned SIMPLE, Ron ...as is Randy's! ;)

I am offended that you offer a password to keep me from being offended. Great idea Ron!

Sorry to see any of you go...
Politics is contained to one-single-thread. Pretty hard to ignore it for some - not so hard for others. No one has requested a UK or European Political thread, so I guess there’s a lack of interest.
Well either way - I do wish you’d reconsider your decisions.
Happy New Year to you all..

sorry, but ist not about ---no interest in politics----,...it is about, Problems are this big that less want to discuse it because the outcoming quarreling about,...it looks that politics are so stupid in moment that is is a scratch trough the world, with no recip to come together,....so is the result,...not do discuse it !!, and I can tell you, we here in Europa have a lot of interest to speak about,....but one is against and the next with you,...all is 50% to 50%,...and you don't find the one is with you,..you allways find the other,...
better is to come back to begin,...let us talk about gt-40,...let us think about dreams, let us show the cars,....the only !!!,...let us tell if any have knowledge about thinks come true against us,..against freedom, against gasheads,...send a warning,...this is better than discuse fu... politics

kind regards,...Ernst ,...Vienna/austria

I wish all a happy new year,..with a lot of gt-40 fun, and hopefull a funtrip to lemans classic, I will be there to can dream,..

What is so hard about not looking a the post? Don't like it, don't look. There must be a psychological term for this "look at something you don't like so you can bitch about it" sickness.

What is so hard about not looking a the post? Don't like it, don't look. There must be a psychological term for this "look at something you don't like so you can bitch about it" sickness.

hm,..sometimes i think some ar out to make a war,...not answer a post is often better than give an answer,...speaking is silver,..not speaking is Gold,...tells me my mother,...some of us are much different from thinking and the way the world shoud go,...and for real,...some of us are since many, many years democrats and want the world coming together,...and some are more middle, or left than right,....so where you find a good Point for a smart discussion??,...most speaking about Ends in a word-war,...and often,..you dont hear the true,..you hear what is modern to tell,..

realy,...better not to speak about,...better to dream about gt´s

ernst

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I look at this like opening up a newspaper (remember them?) and keeping an open mind as you begin each article for information. Deep down inside, I'm looking for an enlightened argument from both sides, and maybe observe some sensibility (which I genuinely expected to see based on the intellect of our membership). But 95% of time, it's only an echo chamber for that poster's beliefs. In a world of alternate or spun facts, I fail to see where the Paddock's political forum provides any clarity from the rest of the world .

Perhaps create a GT40p (politics), with their own funding for those that find they really can't resist.

So my question is not, why should Ron get rid of it, but why should we keep it. There are numerous places on the WWW to argue and fuss about things that can't be changed by forum bickering. Help me understand the benefit these folks get out of these debates other than getting the red-ass at someone else, the evolution to personal attacks, and general dark and sour note that many others observe. I really enjoy GT40s in spite of the politics, and very much enjoy other sites where that bickering can't even be found. It's just a dark cloud that's unnecessary given all that's available for that "outlet" on the web.

I look at this like opening up a newspaper (remember them?) and keeping an open mind as you begin each article for information. Deep down inside, I'm looking for an enlightened argument from both sides, and maybe observe some sensibility (which I genuinely expected to see based on the intellect of our membership). But 95% of time, it's only an echo chamber for that poster's beliefs. In a world of alternate or spun facts, I fail to see where the Paddock's political forum provides any clarity from the rest of the world .

Perhaps create a GT40p (politics), with their own funding for those that find they really can't resist.

So my question is not, why should Ron get rid of it, but why should we keep it. There are numerous places on the WWW to argue and fuss about things that can't be changed by forum bickering. Help me understand the benefit these folks get out of these debates other than getting the red-ass at someone else, the evolution to personal attacks, and general dark and sour note that many others observe. I really enjoy GT40s in spite of the politics, and very much enjoy other sites where that bickering can't even be found. It's just a dark cloud that's unnecessary given all that's available for that "outlet" on the web.

It doesn't have anything to do with clarity, facts or anything else. It's opinions, right or wrong. You don't have to like the paddock, you don't have to look at it. If you do look at it you have made a decision by opening it. And you should accept it without bitching about it. Don't like it? Close it, don't go back.

We should do a password, and with the acceptance of the password we have to accept the content of whatever is in the Paddock whether we agree or not.

reading all this gives the answer,...and i know exactly, some waits to can read a replay to this,...
the Explanation is, some see the world only black and White,..all the Greys between does not exist,...so its easy with opinions, right or wrong,...come in or go out,..this is the badest Point to beginn a discussion,..and the deepest also

i think such discussions have only place to be held in bars and pups,...not in a hightech-forum like this, not in a home like this is for most of us, and the offer to go out, if without interest, is not an offer,..ist a pressure,...because if any is there,..you want to read, if bad or good,..if not exist, there is nothing to read and nothing to get angry about,....

we are not here to learn each other, we are still here to speak about racecars, gt-40, or other interesting technical things,...about colours and shades,...and colours between

0 and I is the Computer speach, and this is much to less to be international,...so i total understand the thinking about cancel this political speach, this threat makes mor People against as together,...and i like more togethter

Kind regards,..ernst

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
That’s been the answer all along, Jack :2thumbsup:

Cheers!!

Doug

The fact that this thread even exists rather spectacularly proves the point ..... folk have different views/opinions/beliefs. Twas ever the same!

Best advice is if you don't like something then don't read it.

If you want to play the 'politically correct' game, then just put a bigger warning notice at the top of the Paddock. But never loose sight of the fact we are dealing with the human race ....... which is why 'Wet Paint' signs don't work !!!!!!

If all else fails sell you GT40 and buy a Ferrari ..... then you won't have to talk about 1966 ever again. Happy New Year everyone.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The majority of the posters in the politics thread and the paddock in general have never owned a GT40, nor plan on ever owning a GT40. This is on a site named GT40s.com go figure...

Malcolm

Supporter
Leave the paddock set up as it is and let people self censor! Heck, I never open any thread to do with an SLC, however good or bad a car it might be!

And to David, pretty good result, one rant post and you get all these yanks worked up! I think you do it just for the fun of it! Just as well you don't have a little (or big?) red button to hand!

The majority of the posters in the politics thread and the paddock in general have never owned a GT40, nor plan on ever owning a GT40. This is on a site named GT40s.com go figure...

I find it amusing that other than the Paddock with twice as many posts, RCR is 2nd and over 23,000 of those posts are for the SLC. This may be a GT40 site but those that own GT40s don't show the most interest. You guys need to focus less on the Paddock and more on your GT40s. There must be somewhere your control issues can be put to better use.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
What I would like to have more control over is what my financial contribution to this site is used to fund. Had I known it would be used to fund political tripe by some who have not contributed at all, I would have chosen not to.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter

Oh, Mike, I certainly DO plan to own a 40 replica (as is yours, despite the fact it is a SPF, which is quite admittedly one of the best replicas available)...now, whether or not those plans actually work out, we'll have to see, but the plans are intact! One thing is for sure, unless I win the Lotto or the Powerball this weekend, I'll just have to WANT one for a while...plans, plans, plans!

I also participate regularly on a guitar related forum, Mike...one of the major manufacturers, not some fly-by-night goober trying to put plywood together with Elmers' glue..yet nobody on that forum seems to resent the fact that I also own guitars by three different manufacturers. Nobody says anything about that...in fact, now that I think about it, nobody but you says anything about the fact that I don't have a 40 yet. Yes, Mike, you've done well for yourself to be able to afford even a replica of the 40, congratulations to you, but in the end it means you're in the same boat as all the other members who own various 40 replicas...none of you get to make those financial decisions except for Ron, who IMHO has done a great deal to try to make the whiners happy (including you) regarding this Paddock issue.

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
And to David, pretty good result, one rant post and you get all these yanks worked up! I think you do it just for the fun of it! Just as well you don't have a little (or big?) red button to hand!

Yes! David is one of the foremost members on this site and I hate to see him go. He has a choice, though. I hope he returns...but by now that little block of plastic is probably at the bottom of the Thames River. That's OK, if David wants another I have one to send him. I'd like to see him continue to contribute on the forum, for sure...even if it is just to yank us Colonists around!

Cheers!

Doug

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
This isn't about who has done well. This is about what is your passion. When you login to GT40s.com, are you passionate about a GT40 topic? Are you here to seek help regarding a technical question you are having? Are you here to provide technical advice to others who also share a passion for GT40s and are in need of help? Are you here to see pictures and videos of other member's GT40s and share in their love for these cars? Are you here to learn about events past and upcoming related to GT40s?

Or... did you wake up this morning and the first thing you did was to login to the politics thread all fired up to come back with some witty retort to a worthless political argument that you are engaged in a heated debate over with someone else who does not share your political view? If this is the answer then I submit you need to check your priorities and stop wasting your life away. Most of you are older than dirt and should already be aware of this.

Back