Wilwood Brake Pads

I am overwhelmed with the selection of brake pad compounds for Wilwood. My RCR40 is going to be a street car. It will be driven hard but seldom if ever raced. What are your thoughts on the best compound for street use? It looks like I can choose between A, B, E, H, Q, BP-10, and BP-20.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I currently have the E compound. Primarily street use. Good all around pad, low dust.

The BP-10 is a newer technology street pad that would probably hold up to some moderate track days but would still be an all around good pad.

Ron Earp

Admin
If I remember right I bought some H compunds last year. Race only pad, but is supposed to last a long time. I was also going to order a set of the SmartPads 10s for street/trackday use. Those are the easiest calipers I've ever messed with to change pads on, really nice.

R

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Jonathan,
If you go to the wilwood web site, you can review all the friction options in temp vs. Cf graphs. This may help you. If you will be using for street use, look for higher Cf at lower temp.
I too am using the BP10, but plan on track / street use. If you will not be on track, you may want to consider one with higher Mu at lower temp.
My two cents....
Rob

Wilwood site: Wilwood High Performance Brake Pads

Back