Your input

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at a loss. I know the economy isn't up to snuff, and I've offered what I consider to be a great deal with little or no response. Help me out here, what can I do or offer short of giving an injection setup away or installing it and providing gas that will make this a reasonable group purchase. This combined 5 buyer offer is on Club Cobra, GT40.com, FF Forum, and Street Car forum. I value your input! Thanks, Al
www.thormotorsports1.com

I can only speak for myself but to spend $3400.00 when I can spend $300.00 for a 650 Speed Deamon and be driving down the road it's just to much. I will have something like what your offering someday but it's very hard to justify with the economy like it is especially after spending many thousands just to get it on the road.
Steve

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You're asking for input so here goes... Please don't think that I'm saying your systems are not worth what they're priced at...

I wanted Webers - or at least the Weber look.. Your system would have been perfect for me but unfortunately the two+ thousand dollar delta between the Webers and your system along with ECU / Software - well - it was too great..

Perhaps a "here's everything in one box that you need" price would help. I'd love the upgrade, but like some of the other guys here I am on a modest budget and things just take time to save for.

Brian

Ron Earp

Admin
I agree with Brian that a complete price might help make folks understand better what the upgrade costs. The price will be higher, but it would give them some assurance of a complete package. Could be the deal already includes the ECU, harness, etc. but I don't know.

Al is offering the setup basically at his cost. That is about what I paid for mine several years ago. Unless you really need the cash, I would say hang on to them. I have worked on Webers and feel these are the better arrangement. I know a lot of you like the originals, but I feel the simplicity of the setup and easy working of them is better. I don't like continually working on a setup, tuning etc. The software for the ignition system like F A S T etc. is a breeze to work with. easily set and forget or plug it in and dial additional settings. I guess it all boils down to what you want in the go department. Then you just have to pay for it.

Bill

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Al-
I think sale of the product is being impacted by several things. Here are a few of my impressions.
1) GT40 continuation, replica and kit sales seemed to be growing at a brisk pace in the past but have slowed significantly due to logistics issues, transaxle availability\choice, legal issues, the economy, etc. You know, all the sticky business issues that are a deterrent to smooth sales for all suppliers of parts and products, including this fuel system.
2) In 2005-2007, the economic activity related to not only sub-prime but all derivative financing models was extraordinary. The dollar turnover and income generation in our economy will never be fully estimated. That circumstance doesn't exist any longer. I think the short answer to your question is the economy. I see it in my business. It's definitely a weird time.
3) The system looks great. Maybe one of the GT40 guys near you can do a video dyno with the system versus a carb.

:sad:Looking at a previous thread the total cost for a 302 setup is $6800.00!!!! I can think of many things I would buy first for that amount of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and can say without a doubt that I would never buy one of these.
Steve

What is the total cost of your 302 system,is it $3395.00? are additional components needed?
Dave

302 Ford application includes four 48 or 50mm two barrel throttle bodies, manifold, manifold mounted linkage, vacuum plenum, fuel rails, TPS, regulator, and air horns. Retail$3,995.00 your price $3,395.00

ECU, wiring harness and O2 sensor 1,850.00

F.A.S.T. injectors 42# 655.00

MAP, water, and air sensors 110.00

Aeromotive fuel pump, and filter 450.00

Throttle cable 105.00

Shipping 75.00

Total $6,640.00

The group price will be 10% less

I realize that this is not for everyone, 6K is a lot of money, but I don't see anyone out there giving $600.00 + rebates. I'm just trying to help out! I DO appreciate your input, positive or negative. Thanks, Al
www.thormotorsports1.com

I spent significantly more on my Kinsler setup. The decision was based on essentially a complete turnkey setup, combined with reputation, and the fact that they had a setup for the LS7 (which is certainly a difference here).

I am probably not the average GT40 kit guy. I am somewhat of a disillusioned exotic fan (though I seem to be unable to live without one). $6000 is a typical service charge in the Ferrari world. Spend a little time there, and NOTHING in the world of the GT40 replica is expensive.

I think $6000 for a complete setup is a steal for what you get. There is an allure to carbs, especially Webers, that I understand. But my experience of going from a carb to EFI in our cobra has completely snuffed my interest in nostalgia.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I am at a loss. I know the economy isn't up to snuff, and I've offered what I consider to be a great deal with little or no response. Help me out here, what can I do or offer short of giving an injection setup away or installing it and providing gas that will make this a reasonable group purchase. This combined 5 buyer offer is on Club Cobra, GT40.com, FF Forum, and Street Car forum. I value your input! Thanks, Al
www.thormotorsports1.com

Apparently this isn't such a great deal or you would have received some response.

That is how these kinds of things work.

Apparently this isn't such a great deal or you would have received some response.

I don't see 10% of 6.5K to 7.5K off as being a bad deal. As other guys have said, the economy is such that people are not spending money on big ticket items. What do you think is a "good deal", I'd be interested to know. That's why I submitted this thread. Thanks, Al

How can you even say something like this? this is a great deal the problen I think is the ecomony, if I had some extra $$ I would get one of these kits. How long are you running this special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back