Other stuff at RCR

Its been busy here at the shop for the last few months...
At auction last year I purchased a complete clay model facilities equipment ....
We have been having fun setting up the shop and doing some small jobs for the OEM guys in Detroit...a couple of the Fiat/Chrysler cars were wearing parts made by us at the NAIAS...
We have also been offered some work on other "supercars' and have taken some of it onboard...
Like dropping a 1000hp engine package into an S7 Saleen..I drove it "as is" and its a dog...(compared to my Chevy powered SLC) looking forward to trying it in the Spring..
The little Monoposto has been moving along too....oil cooled Suzuki engine up front....
Cool Supercharged and electric roadsters too
The SL-C was scanned last year and we have developed lots of widgets for the race/track guys wanting to play with Aero tweeks.

Lastly a pic of the shop as of this morning....overtime anyone??

Attachments

• S7304436_Small.jpg
    S7304436_Small.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 582
  • S7304469_Small.jpg
    S7304469_Small.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 654
  • S7304467_Small.jpg
    S7304467_Small.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 710
  • S7304470_Small.jpg
    S7304470_Small.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 702
  • S7304473_Small.jpg
    S7304473_Small.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 583
  • S7304482_Small.jpg
    S7304482_Small.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 605
  • S7304484_Small.jpg
    S7304484_Small.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 594
  • S7304487_Small.jpg
    S7304487_Small.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 627
  • S7304475_Small.jpg
    S7304475_Small.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 612
  • flash dump jan10 1285.JPG
    flash dump jan10 1285.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 603
  • flash dump jan10 1294.JPG
    flash dump jan10 1294.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 556
  • flash dump jan10 1291.JPG
    flash dump jan10 1291.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 536
  • S7304492_Small.jpg
    S7304492_Small.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
All that and a Pantera in the shop too! Looks great Fran. So, is that the new "street" (wingless) rear deck for the SLC?

Dave L

Clay modeling equipment; very cool! SolidWorks may be a cool program, but you still can't reach out and touch it. Now I am even more excited to get a visit scheduled. Hopefully when I do you will have something on the blocks in the clay area.

Eric

Mmmmmmmmmm, so many toys

I keep asking where to send my resume to apply to work for you, but you never tell me .... ahhhhh, c'mon Fran, you know you want me to work for you.......well, atleast until the workers' compensation claims start coming in on day 1, and 2, and 3, and 4, and ................. :laugh:

Howard Jones

Supporter
I will be going to Philadelphia in the fall. Maybe I need to drop by again for a visit and have a look at the new SLC aero stuff. Nice work Fran, as always.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Fran -

It was good to talk to you this morning - you always have something new and exiting in the works. So, the idea is that the scoops on the new rear deck will feed to an intake air plenum for the LS - or I suppose any engine? Very nice - I can't wait to see the finished product.

Dave L

Attachments

• S7304467_Small.jpg
    S7304467_Small.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 402
  • S7304469_Small.jpg
    S7304469_Small.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 347
Nice logical way to provide cool air to the LS engines, I like the extra height (and room) under the lid for "stuff".

Any thoughts about making a longer tail to give more area for a diffuser? I was thinking something on the lines of the long tail version of the mclaren f-1.
97LeMans_007.jpg

why?...
The new tail is to accomodate the road car requirements for some less hardcore customers...and the new tail is already longer.

Having the S7 in the shop makes me want to make everycar shorter, rather than that behemoth tail with two feet of nothingness dangling out back

Last edited:
make everycar shorter, rather than that behemoth tail with two feet of nothingness dangling out back

Noooooooooo, don't do that.

Don't kill me but ( :drunk: ) I'm not a big fan of the new rear. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it's coming along nicely and will finish out as a terrific production piece, but when I look at it I see a production supercar.....when I look at the current rear it looks like you just plucked it right off the race track. Thin piece of fiberglass with a transaxle and diffuser dangling out back...what's not to love about that. If I wanted a production car that was road legal I'd go buy a lambo ..... if I want an obnoxious in-your-face-look-at-me-and-keep-looking-at-me-for-the-next-20-minutes car, well, that's where the dangling comes in :D

So, in summary, loooooooooooooong good. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide good. Carbon fiber spoilers that run the width of a lane goooooooooooooood. Dangling goooooooooood.

//This market research feedback brought to you by the loonie urban terrorist wanting a car that's one and a half lanes wide with a 457 running straight pipes :thumbsup:

Alex,
I am with you to a point..being a racer at heart and obviously I really like the original SL-C or I would not have built it in the first place.
But bums on seats is what business is all about and the more SL-C's on the road/track the better....
Two tails ..two choices..two chances of another SL-C to terrorise your neighborhood.

Go for it Fran!

Besides, you're not changing anything but the look of the rear to suit the tastes of, dare I say, the majority of drivers on the road (Alex, I'm actually with you on personal choice). It looks really nice.

Super job on the new rear clip! I like it. Perfect for those who wish to make the
SL-C road legal other countries. I'm with Alex and Doc on the look though.

Back