2161 Makeover

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Wheels will be some shade of bronze or pewter. Hoping to have complete before the SPF get together on the 22nd Jack. Things are looking good for this. I am planning on some aluminum skid plates on the nose although I have yet to scrape it and am pretty careful.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Stripped the old powder coat and refinished them. Don't powder coat mating surfaces!

1003671_599854176712675_1841739210_n.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are you still planning on coming through for a day or three later this month Jack? They have just resurfaced on of the best canyons on the front range so hopefully we can run up to Estes Park for lunch one of those days. The week is looking really busy in the office but the weekends are wide open just let me know.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Thats my plan, I do have some family that is ill and that could change my plans, I haven't gotten a room yet just for that reason. I haven't shared with Richard about our family dilemma but he was planning on flying out and driving to CA with me and my son.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Its a pewter with some bronze tones.

I will say if you are going to powerboat wheels, make sure they know not to coat the mating surfaces and pin drive holes. They become a PITA to fit and get a good accurate seat.

Mike, this is going to look brilliant. Your car was already one of the nicest on here but I think the new vintage look is going to be amazing.

Looking good, Mike!

Mine's currently white, but not as purdy as yours......it's in the high-build primer stage.... ;)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Are 'mine eyes' deceiving me, or am I actually seeing a bit of grey in there?

'Reflection off the walls, mebbe?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
You make this look to easy
I wish I had the talent to make paint work look easy but I don't. This is the fine work of Luftkraft Fabrication in Colorado Springs. Mark and Chris are amazingly talented guys. I'll stick to turning wrenches and re-doing the brake system :)

Back