2161 Makeover

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Teflon powder. I highly recommend these guys. It is hard to take decent pics in bright sunlight so they don't do it justice but the attention to detail is unsurpassed. I saw it in person first thing this morning. They applied attention to detail in areas that I would have never even thought of. They are building me a GoPro rig you guys might be interested in too. Once it's done this week I'll take some photos in proper light so you guys can just how nice a job they have done.

2013072001.jpg

2013072002.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Drove home the long way through Woodland Park and the Hayman burn area from 2002. 140,000 acres. Looks like the apocalypse.

2013072003.jpg

2013072004.jpg

2013072005.jpg

2013072006.jpg

2013072007.jpg

2013072008.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
More details

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 854
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,212
Mike,
Make-over looks great! Whatcha doin for mirrors??? I recently moved to a much warmer climate and want to install the helicopter vents. What size are those, and do you feel you get enough airflow with one per window? (I have seen some with 2,one mounted high and another mounted low like yours) Scott

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Mike,
Make-over looks great! Whatcha doin for mirrors??? I recently moved to a much warmer climate and want to install the helicopter vents. What size are those, and do you feel you get enough airflow with one per window? (I have seen some with 2,one mounted high and another mounted low like yours) Scott
Scott, I got the helicopter vents from Olthoff as well. I am guessing they are 3" or so. I find them to offer plenty of flow when moving down the road. The mirrors are from Pegasus and are mounted as such.

1004800_608755155822577_1091456224_n.jpg

Thanks for the info on the vents/mirrors. Is the stalk adjustable for length on the mirrors? (I have the gulf flares and I would probably have to lengthen them) Let us know how you like them and if they vibrate or anything, S

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The stalk length is not adjustable but I don't think you would any problem seeing over the Gulf flares. If you did you could simply mount them a few inches further up on the leading edge of the windows.

Steve

Supporter
Mike,

I've been watching this thread steadily. I have to preface with this: Thought your car looked great before. I really don't like white cars. Not at all. Can't think of one that looks particularly good in white and I've never seen a white car that wouldn't look better in another color.

With that verbose and loud-mouthed statement down as my reference point: Your car looks absolutely stunning. The slight dark tint to the white is incredible. Dare I say it looks "elegant". When I saw you were making a change I thought it would be a mistake. The linden green would have been unique and interesting. The off-white with the bronze wheels is a show-stopper.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you. I would say re-painting made me realize how much you will begin to question your judgement in taste. It's much easier to day dream about it than to actually commit to a color and go for it. I knew what I wanted in my imagination but getting there cost a few sleepless nights questioning some of my choices.

The other problem is I start these projects in the spring and just like last year, summer is almost over by the time I get them complete and I barely get to drive the car. Next year hopefully I am doing nothing other than some minor pre season maintenance and can be enjoying the car all summer. That's what I said last year too lol.

Mike, Thanks for the input on "wrapping" and rest assured before I consider it I would take a real close look at cars already wrapped to seee the level of quality. On another note and having read your post above.....was there a particular car you saw (like an original) that made your mind up on the white. Lets face it.....from "ARREST ME RED" to your ELEGANT white is a complete 180. Just curious. I thought you'd mentioned the ESSEX WIRE car....is that the one?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Nothing really other than wanting to do something different than what had been done before. There were aspects of several cars I liked so it wasn't really any one car that I drew from. The final design was the result of a collaboration with the guys at Luftkraft who provided valuable input as well.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Highly adjustable and portable dual GoPro camera boom. Breaks down easily and is stowable. Sample video soon. PM me if interested. Was hoping to be driving this weekend but ran into a couple snags. Next weekend for sure!

boom1.jpg

boom2.jpg

boom3.jpg

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Are you still coming through Denver Jack? I was hoping the car would be done this weekend in time to run up and hang out with the SPF group. A couple of issues came up and it won't be ready until next weekend. There is a big cars & coffee next Sat as well as a huge cruise in Golden that attracts probably 1000 cars. If you're coming through let me know.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Yes Richard and I are leaving on Wednesday heading for his place in Idaho, then he will follow me to Norcal with his GT40. I'm traileriing my car he's driving his. I think the SPF deal is over today Mike. ???

Back