2161 Makeover

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Ok will do, but I bet we make it half way to Idaho by then. We would have been there last week but its a long story.

Hey Mike,
If you're interested in putting some miles on the car, the Cobra club is taking the scenic route to Cripple Creek on Sunday. PM me for details if you wanna join in. I'll probably go to get out of the garage for awhile...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, I think I'm doing a 6am run on Sunday to avoid the traffic. Hurry up and get your done so we can me run around and make some racket!

Tom, I think I'm doing a 6am run on Sunday to avoid the traffic. Hurry up and get your done so we can me run around and make some racket!

I'm trying! I've been working on the car in the shop 12+ hrs a day, 6-7 days a week but completion is not looking good right now as work has called me in 3 months earlier than planned. Got a few weeks left to work on it then I head out. Hope to see your car before I leave.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
When are you leaving Tom? Would live to get together for a cruise. You still have the Cobra yes?

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Went down to Luft Kraft yesterday and finished up some last odds and ends. The guys did an outstanding job on the car and level of detail is amazing. We went back to the shop early this morning to grab the cars and head to Denver for Cars & Coffee. There were rather larger bear tracks walking across the parking lot from last night yikes and cool!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_nE-f19Ll4]GT40 Heading to Cars & Coffee - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
2013080301.jpg

2013080302.jpg

2013080304.jpg

2013080303.jpg

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, the car looks fantastic. Congratulations!

Glad you missed seeing the bear. He could have ruined that beautiful paint.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Very nice!

We got pelted with dime size hail in Limon CO a Thursday night, it shattered the vent on top of my trailer just over my car, lucky no damage just lots of water in the trailer. It looked like a river of ice in the parking lot the next morning

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Came across this on the net this morning from C&C yesterday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7nSs28Y4a0]Cars and Coffee August 2013 Lafayette, CO - YouTube[/ame]

Mike,
Probably the same bear that raided the trash bins behind the Edelweiss Restaurant. They had that one on the news last night. BTW, I'll send you a PM on my schedule soon. Awesome look! Can't wait to get both cars on the road together.

Jack,
Limon seems to get some of the most extreme weather in CO so you were lucky to just get dime-size hail there. Safe travels...

Really lovely new colour on your 40. Absolutely great, as good as linden green. Suits the car and era it represents well.

I probably missed it somewhere, but why the 'in Nederland' added to your name when you are obviously not overhere?
Maybe you should bring your car overhere... and enjoy Spa-Francorchamps, Silverstone, Goodwood...

John

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, Raceline also made the large "AVON" stencils I used on P/2264. So Mike, are you going to do the top of the front clip black and add the red color spots? I know that Ken drove a MKII, but they are so close.

I'm still wondering how Ford allowed these cars to race without the "FORD" added to the side stripes?

Last edited:
Back