Anyone having issues with GT Forte?

Mike Pass

Supporter
JP is correct. 4b Runcorn Road and 2, Westbrook Avenue are opposite ends of the same building. Pics from Google Maps.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• 4b Runcorn Road.jpg
    4b Runcorn Road.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 603
  • 2, Westbrook Avenue.jpg
    2, Westbrook Avenue.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 613
FWIW, Darren sent me replacement bushings at no cost (including shipping to the US) after I emailed him about a problem I had. I know others have had problems, and I've seen very, very, slow responses at times, but the guy did come through for me on this. As they say though, your mileage may vary.

Lastly, if he is still selling the complete chassis, and you could guarantee delivery (maybe set up an escrow account?), I'd jump on it. It's a heck of a good buy or at least was when I bought mine. Very good product.

Bryan Koehler

Supporter
So i ordered the flat pack, the chassis panel kit, and a lasercut profiles kit. This was back last october. I gave Darrin 3 months to deliver. As we agreed in the begining. And he did indeed send me the flat pack and the laser profiles kit. Or atleast the majority of that. I never have recieved the panel kit. Thats 700 dollars us. I have sent multiple emails to him with no reply. I havent yet begun welding the kit together yet. Butt i built my table and inspected and studyed everything. I bought steel here in the us to make the missing parts out of. And i had a couple extra tubes as well. I havent yet tried to call darin butt i will be calling him soon. I want to get his roll cage instead of the panels kit. So im hoping hes a good chap and makes my order right. Will report back to this thread with my experience.

Don't do GTforte's rollcage.
Its design will kill you in a roll over incident as it has no upper side bars to support the front hoop.

As it has only middle support, the side of the front hoop will colapse inwards with the driver sitting there.

Rear hoop only is best with some supportbars to the rear.

Got this all told and shown bij SouthernGT. He had a wreck which proved hes right.

Wish I read this thread before ordering headlight and spotlight perspex online, no answer to any efforts at trying to contact Darren at GT Forte or Autosport GP Engineering. Someone ring his neck for me when they see him.

So i ordered the flat pack, the chassis panel kit, and a lasercut profiles kit. This was back last october. I gave Darrin 3 months to deliver. As we agreed in the begining. And he did indeed send me the flat pack and the laser profiles kit. Or atleast the majority of that. I never have recieved the panel kit. Thats 700 dollars us. I have sent multiple emails to him with no reply. I havent yet begun welding the kit together yet. Butt i built my table and inspected and studyed everything. I bought steel here in the us to make the missing parts out of. And i had a couple extra tubes as well. I havent yet tried to call darin butt i will be calling him soon. I want to get his roll cage instead of the panels kit. So im hoping hes a good chap and makes my order right. Will report back to this thread with my experience.

Hi Bryan. For your roll cage I can recommend this company.

https://tube-bender.co.uk/kit_car_roll_cage.html

He made the roll hoop for mine and delivered within the week.
Very accurate work.
I bought some extra tube to fabricate the rear braces.
I’ve modded mine to make them bolt on.

Bob.

70E5227A-C7B8-4C89-B1D7-21CF29C74AE9.jpeg
CFAD9F9B-9D97-453B-B495-1B6E179E8C12.jpeg

Bryan Koehler

Supporter
Hi Bryan. For your roll cage I can recommend this company.

https://tube-bender.co.uk/kit_car_roll_cage.html

He made the roll hoop for mine and delivered within the week.
Very accurate work.
I bought some extra tube to fabricate the rear braces.
I’ve modded mine to make them bolt on.

Bob.

View attachment 93370View attachment 93371
Thanks bob i sent them a e mail asking them to check your order and compare to what i need and for a shipping quote to Texas USA. Darrin finally e mailed me back and is working on finishing up my original order. On the panel set he said he used that money for shipping. So i agree shipping was high. Butt we also agreed it was not 700 dollars so he is going to send me a rear upright kit and the missing parts from the kit.and i will be very happy with that. One thing people have to understand is you can not order these gt 40 kits from someone who is running a small operation and expect it be built right away. Ive never met darrin butt ive built cars most of my life and it takes lots of time. I look forward to talking with you more bob as you have a ocean of knowledge that i can use to see my dream car become reality.

From what Ive heart from one of Darren's local parts supliers, Darren is involved in to many things including making some carbon F1 stuff. He has no time for the GT40 stuff.
That suplier aint local for me but its my suplier also.

Thanks bob i sent them a e mail asking them to check your order and compare to what i need and for a shipping quote to Texas USA. Darrin finally e mailed me back and is working on finishing up my original order. On the panel set he said he used that money for shipping. So i agree shipping was high. Butt we also agreed it was not 700 dollars so he is going to send me a rear upright kit and the missing parts from the kit.and i will be very happy with that. One thing people have to understand is you can not order these gt 40 kits from someone who is running a small operation and expect it be built right away. Ive never met darrin butt ive built cars most of my life and it takes lots of time. I look forward to talking with you more bob as you have a ocean of knowledge that i can use to see my dream car become reality.

Thanks for the kind remarks Bryan. I only bought the drawings from Darren. I think he has since withdrawn this option but it would certainly make sense when shipping across the pond. You could buy the box section locally. I think he charged me £300 for all drawings delivered by email. I’ve bought a few bits from him since mainly when he had a special offer or something. I’ve had to pester him for delivery a few times but I have eventually received everything I ordered.

Hi There, I have jut started my GT40 build but I unfortunately ordered from Darren George GT Forte. He had my deposit for 18 months
and supplied nothing. I eventually got £1300 back of the £2000 but I don't think I will get the rest easily or without going to court. I purchased
now from southern GT and I am very pleased with service and product

Hi There, I have jut started my GT40 build but I unfortunately ordered from Darren George GT Forte. He had my deposit for 18 months
and supplied nothing. I eventually got £1300 back of the £2000 but I don't think I will get the rest easily or without going to court. I purchased
now from southern GT and I am very pleased with service and product

It’s absolutely amazing that this keeps happening! How many of you are from the UK? Why don’t you folks report him for TAX EVASION. He declared bankruptcy a while ago and his business licenses are invalid. You can also report him to government for fraudulent business practices.
Could cause some serious consequences for that F#%k&r

Darrin isn’t busy doing anything like F1 Carbon. He’s probably talking crap out his mouth to look like he’s doing well, but if you really look at his business practices then it seems like he is just blowing smoke up everyones ass to get what he wants.
Your money!
And if he really is doing other things, then forget about getting what you paid for. He’s probably not even caring about your order if he’s scamming new circles outside of GT40 builds.
ONCE A THEIF ALWAYS A THEIF.

He’s still advertising gt40 stuff on eBay. Hopefully people will be wary....
He’s also not the first GT40 manufacturer to pi55 people off, disappear then come back under a different name!
There are only two (both well respected) manufacturers in the UK I would even consider giving my money to
Simon

He’s still advertising gt40 stuff on eBay. Hopefully people will be wary....
He’s also not the first GT40 manufacturer to pi55 people off, disappear then come back under a different name!
There are only two (both well respected) manufacturers in the UK I would even consider giving my money to
Simon

eBay would be an easier platform for him to sell on but I would still research the GTForte first. Maybe EBay is one of his last ways to get money? How long can a PayPal account be allowed to be abused before it’s cancelled?
I can’t believe the eBay account is still going?

I made a complaint to PayPal when all of this was happening.
Darrin is the lowest form of life and will continue to steal whenever he can!

Iv recently had failed dealings with him. I ordered a chassis pack before xmas and sent a deposit. After 2 months of chasing and him continually sending emails saying it would be ready one week, then the next, then another excuse I finally demanded an actual delivery date.
It that point he sent an email saying he ws too busy to supply me and that we didn't 'gel' and wasn't going to supply me. His pervious email said he was waiting on more parts coming for my chassis. I have since four out that at the same tike as emailing me to say his didn't have all the parts for a chassis in he was also emailing someone else who he told he had several in stock ready to go. I emailed him several times to get him to ring me for an explanation but he did, I think he's a coward and I have absolutely no respect for him. If he'd given me the time of day to ring me then I might of just let his actions go.
His business practices are appalling, his customer service is non existent and he didn't have enough respect as a business owner to ring an un happy now ex customer. At least for his sake he refunded my money or things would have got messy.

So my advice to anyone considering ordering from him is to be wary. Sounds like he prefers to pick and choose who he suppliers to and the time frame is to suit him. The company he suggests he is, Autosport GP Engineering LTD has been dissolved since 20th June 2017. He is clearly acting as a sole trader. Not saying don't, im saying be wary, he might like you and think you 'gel' better.

Iv learned my lesson, his loss as I'm spending my money else where. Mike at Southern GT has be brilliant, you can actually talk to him on the phone and he's prompt at replying to emails. So chassis is now on order with Mike and I look forward to continuing to work with him as I build my car, so Darrens loss and Mikes gain.

As with all businesses, you live and die on customer service and reputation. I have had dealings with the two main GT40 manufacturers currently in the UK and they are both outstanding in this respect. A GT40 project is a long term project and you MUST have a good relationship with your supplier over many months if not years.
On the UK Cobra scene, Hawk, GD and AK are also exemplary in their products and customer service. Anybody joining either market has a high threshold to reach and sadly several do not measure up.
It sounds like Darren need to up his game considerably.
At the end of the day, the customer will decide the fate of any business.
It’s sad really.
JMHO
Simon

So I jumped into the GT40 build by buying a GT Forte Flatpak frame. I was told they have frames in stock and should only be 4-5 days to ship. March 12/18 I paid for it, last email he answered March 21. I have sent 3 emails since, one last week and another a few days ago. NO response.
But to see if there games happening I sent an email from another address asking for a shipping quote for a flatpak. Within hours I got an email back stating shipping price. Hmmm, this seems rather shady.
After reading some other posts about Darren George from Gt Forte, I realised that similar behavior has happened in the past.
I am not sure how to proceed? I want the Frame but if I get PayPal involved they usually just refund the payment after deciding if the seller seems to be up to no good.
Has anyone dealt with a similar situation with GT Forte?
I almost bought a flat pack, then I read the reviews. Anyway I did a test buy on a small dollar item, let's see if he ships it.

Back