Assembling a Monocoque

Randy V

Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fabulous car Rune!
I really like your second design on the exhaust system too... Brilliant use of the Supertrapp megaphone silencers. While it may not be as raucous as some would like, it will make for a more pleasant drive.
I always loved that livery as well...
Great job!!!

Rune

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
Fabulous car Rune!
I really like your second design on the exhaust system too... Brilliant use of the Supertrapp megaphone silencers. While it may not be as raucous as some would like, it will make for a more pleasant drive.
I always loved that livery as well...
Great job!!!
First exhaust system can be picked up outside my garage Free . Usless mufflers .
Now the sound is so nice that my wife did not yell at me when I started the engine
The supertrapp is only with the disc due to regisration prosess, to meet the noise. After I remove the disc :)

Last edited:

Rune

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I was and weight the trailer and after I weight the trailer and car , and the car with low on fuel was 860kg. So it paid to think weight during the entire building prosess. Fuel is estimate 55kg .

850kg is a lot lighter than I was expecting. My cad model is at 89kg thus far for the chassis. It’s not hard to have a 100kg of fibreglass in these things either. Do you know what your body has been made with? Vinyl ester resin? How many layers of glass? I think my body could be lighter, not sure if it would be as durable.

Rune

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
850kg is a lot lighter than I was expecting. My cad model is at 89kg thus far for the chassis. It’s not hard to have a 100kg of fibreglass in these things either. Do you know what your body has been made with? Vinyl ester resin? How many layers of glass? I think my body could be lighter, not sure if it would be as durable.
I used Vinyl ester resin, and it is maximum 2 layers of 450g fiberglass someplace less