Camber Gone Wild

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
A friend had a camber problem caused by damage and a botched alignment :furious: on her drivers' side front wheel--not as severe as that but similar. She drove about 500 miles a week, I'd guess, and she went through a tire on that location about once a month. Turned out to be ball-joints and an alignment tech who failed to tighten the bottom of the McPherson Struts.....allowed the bottom of the spindle to "splay" outward.

That guy is probably on hydraulics.....he'll drive it like that for a mile or so and pump 'em back up to normal.....I'm surprised he doesn't have purple flourescent lights on the bottom of the car :thumbsdown: .

Doug

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
If they are non directional, at least he could reverse them for X2.

Only the inner edge is still the inner edge just rotating in a different direction. You'd probably scrub them through to canvas in a few thousand miles. I wonder how many other drivers wave like crazy to try and indicate he has a problem?

Y'all are thinking that the rubber is on the asphalt. I'm thinking that the inside rim is really close to the road. I would expect those rims are pretty expensive. The contact patch for that car is less than a motorcycle, probably closer to a bicycle. Must be a bugger in the rain!

Back