CANAMSA - SA stratch build

Hello Velo
this is Lola Canam WIP Fred 's if you need some more info about these laminating process just start a new thread asking for your questions ( I will reply then whithout poluing Fred's thread ) ??

Just my 2 c....
Have a good day

Sorry

Holy crap Fred, you are the man!!!

You are very close to the finished body milestone!

Building the car would be a Nice diversion from the body work I think!

Keep it up!

Grtz thomas

Thanks for the kind comments Thomas and Dave

Turned out I had some imperfections on some areas of the nose mould (particularly where I tried to get away without using the durabuild surfacing primer on the buck under the nose) and I got a bit sucked into improving the finish on most of the mould by sanding and compounding. That took some time, as did the making of return fences and the usual tedious waxing but I'm now finally making progress with the parts sections of the nose.

Cheers

Fred W B

reinforce%20006.jpg
reinforce%20018.jpg

reinforce%20012.jpg

Hello Fred
another nice part of your masterpiece is coming !!
can wait to watch it out of mold !!
Good luck for this new lamination
Keep us posted

Words fail me Fred , you make me feel very inadequate when I see what you have been up to , I cheated and bought a body.
cant wait to see it all together
cheers John

I love checking your thread Fred, its truely inspirational. Once you have the complete body will you be mounting it on the roller you have or are we going to be treated to an amazing Mono build next, what ever you do its worth the read. Love IT
Cheers Leon.

Thanks for the very kind comments Leon

As for the chassis, at this stage I am not intending to attempt a replica chassis, maybe that will be a longer term project.

The chassis I've built so far is a rough mock up protoype that I put together to sort the ergonomics and the layout of the running gear. its a tube frame with ally skinning to the centre section. I welded it almost fully and tested the torsional stiffness. I stopped working on it as I needed to sort out the overall width over the wheels and for that I needed the body confirmed. The idea now is to finish the body, and then hang it over this mock up chassis to finalize things like where the radiator mounts, suspension etc. Once that is done I will then build a real "final" chassis. Some of the frame parts or subsections used in the mock up exercise could become part of the final chassis.

Cheers

Fred W B

Last edited:
The nose completed the set of body panels, so finally I can say the body is finished! That is if your don't count the headlight arrangements and the wheel arch inner panels.

These pictures are with the panels supported on blocks, and with the wheels just placed in the wheel arches.

Plan now is to take some time to spring clean the workshop, and then start to get to grip with the suspension and chassis.

Cheers

Fred W B

2body%201.jpg

2body%203.jpg

2body%202.jpg

body%204.jpg

body%205.jpg

Wooooooooohoooooo !!!!
supercalifragil....................................
You really did an excelent work !!!
Watcing your super clean body one cannot understand that you are an homebuilder !!! I think most Kit manufacturerswould like to have your hight level of quality
Bravo bravo and bravo again

Stunning Fred, simply stunning! Congrats on a huge milestone, she is a beauty for sure. If it were mine I'd spend a few evenings just enjoying the view with only a few beers for company.

WOW!!! what else can you say, Bloody BIG WOW!!! Now we can look forward to the next stage of what can only be described as a lesson in sheer workmanship and determination. Got to Love it.

Cheers Leon.

Back