Cigars

Does anyone else here share the same passion as I for a fine cigar?
I personally enjoy reading about cigars & visiting various cigar shops when I travel and of coarse smoking cigars..
As of late my cigar of choice is the Rocky Patel edge lite..it has a rather creamy smooth flavor...perfect after a long day..
who's with me??

Craig,

+1

Love the Cuban Diplomaticos and Upman´s. Montechristo´s are a bit strong.

I understand you US-guys have a problem getting Cuban Cigars?

Best,
Marcus

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Were good Cuban cigars ever hand rolled on the inside of a Maidens thigh ? if so do they taste any better or do their thighs smell of tobacco ? I think a visit to Cuba might be in order. Any takers?
<!-- PluckIt ContentEnd --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
They are rolled on tables by women, young and old and possibly a couple gays. :) Sorry couldn't resist. You are only allowed to leave the country with 2 boxes per person with Cuban government stamps. Long trip for 2 boxes, sure you will not be visiting historic sites? Hemingways Pillar? Maybe some night clubs?
L_cuba-libre.jpg

Last edited:
Okay,
I join in as I too have this vice. I buy several years ahead and age my sticks. Prefer anything Arturo Fuente. I like the Hemingway series (Short Stories) in natural wrappers. My brother dropped a box of 25 8-5-8 Claros on my desk yesterday for me. Also a favorite, is the Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 with the African Cameroon wrapper that has been used to provide a spicy edge and a long, cedary finish, which makes this an enticingly complex smoke. And yes you can get a box of Cuban Cohibas still in the US, but they must travel some to get here. Personally I think the Cuban cigars are overated. Since 1959 the art of blending and crafting cigars has been refined outside of Cuba. It is the mistic of getting something forbidden that keeps the Cubans more valued.

A glass of Port, a fine cigar, and a sunset with friends is a memory we keep forever.

Craig:
Nothing like a good smoke, and the time to enjoy it. I smoke at my shop when working on the 40, and my girlfriend doesent mind the smoke at home, although I do smoke outside on the back porch.
I enjoy the Partagas black label, and El Rey del Mundo, both maduros, and an occasional Punch,
Cheers
Phil

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
That would be a really good worldwide meeting of like minded aces like all of us for a long long weekend in Cuba. Some really good places to go and get through tons of good cigars , some (now) really good restaurants using Argentine beef, Possibly some good diving (of the sub-aqua type) sites and maybe kit available there as well, famous night clubs in abundance, et seq et seq.............
What a year that would be - Le Mans, Le Mans Classic, Cuba - abundent maidens with tobacco smelling thighs, Getting totally squiffed every night around a long table. Satiated...
Give me a good reason why not?

Can someone do the name badges ??

I was there earlier this year in Havana and Varaderos but as I do not smoke, I did not bother with bringing any back.
We did visit a cigar place, very interesting. Did drink and buy lots of Rum though
Cheers
Murray

Keith

Screw the cigars - give me the Maidens.... and I'll roll (try) something else on their thighs....

Ah yes..
Many fine cigars have been mentioned here...
some of which I have smoked and some I have not.....yet!
Grady I also enjoy the A.Fuente Hemingway short, its a great little cigar, they also make a 5X55 that I have not tried yet..
Marcus..you are correct It is fairly difficult to get our hands on Cuban cigars here in the U.S but to be honest I had one some years back and found it to be a little strong for me...I would love to try another one some day if I have the chance..
David....you can count me in on the Cuban weekend...although I think for Al and Cliff we should have a special guest of honor......(drumroll)...........Monica Lewinsky.

Now lets get to work on them name badges:thumbsup:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Craig,
It was your thread that kick started some wild imaginations (OK - maybe some needed a jump start) so, for me at least, think about coming up with some possible dates in 2010 that avoid Le Mans 24hr (2nd weekend in June) and Le Mans Classic (2nd weekend in July). I will be there !
Dave

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Can someone do the name badges ??

Absolutely, it would be an honor.

One small problem for us Americans, we can not legally enter the country. But I have heard of a group of guys who would fly to Nassau Bahama's and fly Cuban air to Cuba. I heard they had a great time and it was very cheap! I heard the Mojito's are wonderful and the women are beautiful to look at. I heard also to take Pepto Bismo with you and lots of quarters for the children, they are all very poor. Someday, someday!

If there is one thing I would like Obama to do is open up Cuba to trade and the US citizens, this would create may jobs rebuilding that country and much export of materials. South Florida would become a ghost town.

Never mind the cup holders. I think we need a design for building a cigar box into the dash panel of many GT40's. Perhaps where the fuse panel used to be located. Obviously there are some cigar enthusiasts out there.

Back