Democrats what is wrong with you?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone else miss Al?

I do!!

Me, too!!

Doug, no disrespect here, but you noted above about the party line and jamming it down the other's throat. What about health care?

I've said it before and I'll say it again....what's good for the goose is good for the gander. The Repubs screamed "Bloody Murder" when Bee-OH and the Dems forced through the health care reform bill, now they are using the same techniques.

Both parties need to change (or, better yet, why can't we just do without any political parties, we have the technology to have elections without them and IMHO a strict vote count without the politically corrupt "Electoral College" would be much more a reflection of what the public wants than what we've had in the past).

I'm disgusted with both parties, domtoni!

In reference to the AWOL Dems in WI.....looks like Ohio and Illinois are going to join in the fray. Illinois Dems have already done so, Ohio seems to be on the verge of losing their Democratic legislators.

If we MUST have political parties, it looks like we must also get use to the bullsheet we've been seeing for the past 2 decades, no?

Cheers from Doug!!

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
We sure do agree on that!!

Cheers from Doug!!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni, Doug, I do not agree with that!

The World in general is not getting worse, it has been and will continue to get better, much better!

The problem today is with perception. We think the world is falling apart because we keep hearing that it is, from folks with an agenda.

There are now so many places to get information, and a percentage if these "news" sevices spend much of their time with the "sky is falling" retoric.

The Internet and Cable TV have given these fringe information "services" a much higher profile.

In the 1950s' & 1960s' waco groups with the "sky is falling" mentality were small and for the most part got their message out by passing out "pamphlets" door to door.

The John Birch Society is a good example. They too felt that there was a large conspiracy bent on destroying our way of life. I remember them comming to the door and trying to scare us with their pamphlets. It was all crap then and history has proven that out. Hows the great Comunist takeover of the world going? Has that nasty Fluoride got us yet? Was Eisenhour really a Comunist?

Today, these folks have Cable TV shows, even a Network!!!!

****THE SKY IS NOT FALLING*****

The standard of living in the US and the world is much much better than in the 1950s'

We pay less in taxes than when Reagon was President!

There is considerably less poverty everywhere!

More and more people have access to clean water, food and medical care!

The violent crime rate and murder rate is way down!

Sexual abuse is no longer covered up!

World wide education and literacy rates are way up!

Even political uprisings throughout the world are much more peacefull and much more likely to succeed!

Look at Egypt, the protesters went through ***metal detectors*** and the military was a calming force! Would that have happened in the 1950s'?

The Soviet Union was taken down in a relatively peaceful way, would that have happened in the 1950s"'?

Even right now, the top of the news is talk about a teachers Union in Wisconsin.......run for your lives!

Our biggest fear is Islamic Terrorists? Give me a break! For the most part these folks cant even light their underware on fire! How does this fear compare to the USSR, Communist China, Hitler, Imperial Japan and the Mongal hords?

Even in this time of economic down turn, every morning 9 out of 10 folks who want to work, get up each morning and go to work!

If you stop listening to the SKY IS FALLING RETORIC and just look around you will see that the world is currently in much better shape than at any time and will continue to get better!!!!

Last edited:
That is a very cool graph. Its interesting to note how Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 have all significantly increased the national debt. Not to be un-noticed is Obama's contribution to the national debt, though it does appear to be tapering off as compared to what he inherited from Bush 2.
Now back to the topic at hand...The protests have also started in several other states faced with similar legislation. Many other Democratic senators may also be forced to make a similar move and leave the state before such angering laws are voted upon.

Domtoni, Doug, I do not agree with that!

The World in general is not getting worse, it has been and will continue to get better, much better!

The problem today is with perception. We think the world is falling apart because we keep hearing that it is, from folks with an agenda.

There are now so many places to get information, and a percentage if these "news" sevices spend much of their time with the "sky is falling" retoric.

The Internet and Cable TV have given these fringe information "services" a much higher profile.

In the 1950s' & 1960s' waco groups with the "sky is falling" mentality were small and for the most part got their message out by passing out "pamphlets" door to door.

The John Birch Society is a good example. They too felt that there was a large conspiracy bent on destroying our way of life. I remember them comming to the door and trying to scare us with their pamphlets. It was all crap then and history has proven that out. Hows the great Comunist takeover of the world going? Has that nasty Fluoride got us yet? Was Eisenhour really a Comunist?

Today, these folks have Cable TV shows, even a Network!!!!

****THE SKY IS NOT FALLING*****

The standard of living in the US and the world is much much better than in the 1950s'

We pay less in taxes than when Reagon was President!

There is considerably less poverty everywhere!

More and more people have access to clean water, food and medical care!

The violent crime rate and murder rate is way down!

Sexual abuse is no longer covered up!

World wide education and literacy rates are way up!

Even political uprisings throughout the world are much more peacefull and much more likely to succeed!

Look at Egypt, the protesters went through ***metal detectors*** and the military was a calming force! Would that have happened in the 1950s'?

The Soviet Union was taken down in a relatively peaceful way, would that have happened in the 1950s"'?

Even right now, the top of the news is talk about a teachers Union in Wisconsin.......run for your lives!

Our biggest fear is Islamic Terrorists? Give me a break! For the most part these folks cant even light their underware on fire! How does this fear compare to the USSR, Communist China, Hitler, Imperial Japan and the Mongal hords?

Even in this time of economic down turn, every morning 9 out of 10 folks who want to work, get up each morning and go to work!

If you stop listening to the SKY IS FALLING RETORIC and just look around you will see that the world is currently in much better shape than at any time and will continue to get better!!!!

I'm a glass 1/2 empty guy myself, but the above gets my vote, nice one Jim.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Stinchy,

It is a cool graph!

<SMALL>Size of this preview: 800 × 492 pixels</SMALL>

Its interesting to note that since WWII, the by far the greatest declines in debt came during the Administrations of Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton. With one exception, what do they have in common?

It makes you wonder how Democrats get the reputation as budget busting spenders?

If you worry about Government spending and debt, you need to vote Democrat!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Nick, Thanks

Sorry for rambling on like that, but the evidence is overwhelming!

These are not good times to be a "sky is falling" pindit, I hear Glenn Becks ratings are down close to 50% in the last year.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
These are not good times to be a "sky is falling" pindit, I hear Glenn Becks ratings are down close to 50% in the last year.

Actually, I was really hoping that something would fall on Glenn Beck :thumbsup:

Cheers from Doug!!

That is a very cool graph. Its interesting to note how Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 have all significantly increased the national debt. Not to be un-noticed is Obama's contribution to the national debt, though it does appear to be tapering off as compared to what he inherited from Bush 2.
Now back to the topic at hand...The protests have also started in several other states faced with similar legislation. Many other Democratic senators may also be forced to make a similar move and leave the state before such angering laws are voted upon.

From what he inherited until Jan 2007 when the democrats took power. BO has still increased the debt by many trillion in two years. When does he start to take responsibility?

Stinchy,

It is a cool graph!

<SMALL>Size of this preview: 800 × 492 pixels</SMALL>

Its interesting to note that since WWII, the by far the greatest declines in debt came during the Administrations of Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Clinton. With one exception, what do they have in common?

It makes you wonder how Democrats get the reputation as budget busting spenders?

If you worry about Government spending and debt, you need to vote Democrat!

Jim, that last sentence is rediculous!

It is a cool graph, a shame that it doesn't show the rest of BO's spike for the last 14 months. that was only 12 months of his "reign".

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Code:
Tom P

President Obama "inherited" a huge new bureaucracy from BushII. BushII grew government buy hiring thousands and thousands of new government emploees, these emploees did not leave when Obama took office.

The billions we are spending on the un-nessacery wars Bush started did not leave with Bush either.

But the rediculus tax cuts that Bush pushed through remained!

Additionally the need to save the American economy, you may remember, the Banking industry The large investment groups, General Motors Chrisler, Fanny May, Freddie Mac......left in tatters by the conservative administration.

I think that Obama should and will take responsibility for what he does.

OK Tom, which of the bush legacy debt do you think Obama should "own"? And Tom please explain why you think Obama should "own" these debts?

And Tom, thanks for posting that chart again, I never get tired of looking at it!
Those republicans can really grow a debt!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Here is a hypothetical situation for you.

Suppose you met a very nice lady. Now it turns out that she was not so good at debt. Over the last few years, she had increased her spending, borrowed Money and pegged her credit cards.

And at same time, this nice lady took a voluntary pay cut.

Now, suppose you marry this person, when would this debt become your fault?

Now this debt may well become your responsibility, but Tom, when does it become your fault?

Last edited:
Tom P

President Obama "inherited" a huge new bureaucracy from BushII. BushII grew government buy hiring thousands and thousands of new government emploees, these emploees did not leave when Obama took office.

The billions we are spending on the un-nessacery wars Bush started did not leave with Bush either.

But the rediculus tax cuts that Bush pushed through remained!

Additionally the need to save the American economy, you may remember, the Banking industry The large investment groups, General Motors Chrisler, Fanny May, Freddie Mac......left in tatters by the conservative administration.

I think that Obama should and will take responsibility for what he does.

OK Tom, which of the bush legacy do you think Obama should "own"? And Tom please explain why you think Obama should "own" these debts?

And Tom, thanks for posting that chart again, I never get tired of looking at it!
Those republicans can really grow a debt!

The new debt from January 2009 forward. You may want to talk to Barney Frank about Freddy and Fannie, when concern was expressed about them in 2002, he said they were doing just fine, and this administration holds the same views, nothing has been done about them. Ask the unions about the troubles with GM and Chrysler, exorbitant pay and benefits, the total averages over $70 per hr.
Answers.com - What is the average wage for auto worker

Here, you'll like this projected one too.

usgs_line.php

Tom,

Here is a hypothetical situation for you.

Suppose you met a very nice lady. Now it turns out that she was not so good at debt. Over the last few years, she had increased her spending, borrowed Money and pegged her credit cards.

And at same time, this nice lady took a voluntary pay cut.

Now, suppose you marry this person, when would this debt become your fault?

Now this debt may well become your responsibility, but Tom, when does it become your fault?

The new debt from marriage day forward. I wouldn't marry her to start with! Are we going to do more fairy tales?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom, thank you very much, we appreciate you playng along! Just a few more......

But you still need to payoff the old debt, it has to be paid, but are those payments your fault?

Thanks for the new graph, I like the way they show trends.

Now looking at the upper right of this new graph, its hard to see but it really looks like they think the current upward trend, will level off, maybe even doing down. I know you wanted to see where the first graph went next, What do you think?

Last edited:
Tom, thank you very much, we appreciate you playng along! Just a few more......

But you still need to payoff the old debt, it has to be paid, but are those payments your fault?

Thanks for the new graph, I like the way they show trends.

Now looking at the upper right of this new graph, its hard to see but it really looks like they think the current upward trend, will level off, maybe even doing down. I know you wanted to see where the first graph went next, What do you think?

No she has to pay off the old debt, not marrying her remember?

I know that it's still over 120% of the GDP!

Jim, This administration has no intention of paying off any of the debt, they are just going to make more, and you can bet on that!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

It's a pleasure to talk with you.

You'r right, no matter how you look at it it sucks.

I really think our economy can pull out of this, anyway,

Good Night:)

Back