engine / car identify? 1950s

OK - just a quickie - can anyone identify the motor / vehicle shown below?
I'm told 1950s, available in UK and Aus but have drawn a blank.

6 cyl - looked vaguely Austen Healey esque to me but never seen one with a single carb...

Anyone.?? (ps - it's before my time... :thumbsup:)

Attachments

• motor ident.jpg
    motor ident.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 333
Possibly an Austin 3.5 or 4 litre Princess (mk 1,2 and 3) engine which was available in single carb as well as twin carb versions. Later mk4 had the Rolls Royce 4 ltr six.

nah its not a Princess, the front of the bonnet is to tapered, could be a Worsley, but I cant honestly no for definite, but its a 3ltr 6 that's for sure.

With a power stop remote servo in the 1950`s ?????????????? I think we need to move to the 60`s , I was thinking the Wolesley because of the 6pot engine but the rocker cover is wrong , unless its the C series engine.

Bob

Rootes Group?, 6 inlet ports, have to be a Humber Super Snipe or similar wouldnt it, Same motor in some Commer/Karrier trucks ( Kaspa wil know! ), Dont think its the Rolls Royce/ Princess deal, they were OHV Inlet/Sidevalve exhaust, alloy head.

I thought of that Jac but the front of the bonnets wrong for a snipe, right engine though for sure.

Keith

Hey Paul, nice to see you in the Paddock. (Sensible polite people are somewhat of a rarity here) I'm not sure what relevance your question had Paddockwise, because we are waay too cerebral for mere mortal motor matters.

However, as it turned out...

You were lucky that someone left the gate open and Jac had just wondered in.

He's quite useful actually, so we may hobble him and change the gate lock....and perhaps he can finish his wooden gearbox while he's here.. :)

Thinking of how we can charge for his expert services to offset the horrendous fees for membership of this exclusive gathering.

Hmmm..:thinking:

Hey Paul, nice to see you in the Paddock. (Sensible polite people are somewhat of a rarity here) I'm not sure what relevance your question had Paddockwise, because we are waay too cerebral for mere mortal motor matters.

He's quite useful actually, so we may hobble him and change the gate lock....and perhaps he can finish his wooden gearbox while he's here.. :)

Thinking of how we can charge for his expert services to offset the horrendous fees for membership of this exclusive gathering.

'Sir Keith' - you never fail to brighten my day with your irreverent ramblings, long may it continue...:thumbsup:

As the question was not GT40 related, I figured this was the best place to ask, esp as it's where all the naughty people hang out so I knew I'd get an opinion or two...

ps - many many people on here are living encyclopaedias of knowledge and experience, that's what makes this place so interesting...

(((((((((He's quite useful actually, so we may hobble him and change the gate lock.)))))))))))...and perhaps he can finish his wooden gearbox while he's here.. :)

(((((((((( Hobble:stunned: Sounds like a cruel fate for someone as ancient as myself, quite adept at hobbling without any form of mechanical entanglement to ensure the same, likely to start a long thread on cruelty toward senior citizens, best forget that :idea: Keith )))))))))

Keith

Probably right, I'll have some ageist left leaning do-gooder raging at me for ill treatment..

What about a luminous collar so the quick youngsters can see you at night? :idea:

Probably right, I'll have some ageist left leaning do-gooder raging at me for ill treatment..

What about a luminous collar so the quick youngsters can see you at night? :idea:

All these suggestions are causing a heightened awareness of what dangers might be encountered in your paddock, best I stay out, hate to encounter anyone engaging some of their nocturnal habits as they do, luminous collar might get me mythtaken for an after hours clergyman !

Back