F1 2010

David, so you won't be going back soon?

I have employees from Brazil and think the world of them. I just had one retire and go back home. He is in his mid 30's and has rentals that he bought in Brazil while he was working for me. He was able to set himself up well. He would like me to come visit... maybe not. You are not the first person to mention that non native to Brazil were not very welcome.

That's if the teflon don can find an engine that will get him past the first corner. My guess it will be the Monza engine for quallie and the race.. He has already lost one in first practice.

As it happened, his engine performed very well in the race. I wonder how they did that.....?

Chris

Keith

If it was indeed the Monza engine, then it was no doubt a different spec than his others. They always seem to produce a killer motor for their home race.

Keith

Hahahahahaha..... :laugh:

In the pre-race press conference yesterday, Hamilton said he was going to drive "FLAT OUT" in Abu Dhabi! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

But, will he be promoted to the Fastest Run Group, and will he refuse to Point Alonso by if the situation arises?

Are you suggesting Alonzo is driving a near stock Miata in which Hamilton believes he has no regard for his own personal safety? :)

Keith

Of course - FA's "stock" Miata will surely explode and/or crash in front of him...IF he points him by, which I doubt.

Interesting: Hamilton fastest in 2nd practice... He'd better start exercising his pointing finger come race day though.. :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
To save your tired and weary braincells, the Daily Mail has produced these facts about where they might finish on Sunday.
FERNANDO ALONSO (246 points)

If Alonso finishes in the top two he will be champion for a third time regardless of where his three rivals finish.
If Webber wins, Alonso must finish second.
If Webber is second, and as long as Vettel does not win, Alonso must finish at least fifth.
If Webber finishes third, and as long as Vettel does not win, Alonso must finish at least sixth.
If Webber finishes fourth, and as long as Vettel does not win, Alonso must finish at least eighth.
If Webber finishes fifth, and as long as Vettel is not in the top two, Alonso must finish at least ninth.

If Vettel wins, Alonso must finish at least fourth.
If Vettel finishes second, and as long as Webber is not first, third or fourth, Alonso must finish at least eighth.
MARK WEBBER (238 points)

Webber has to finish in the top five to have any chance of taking the title.
If Webber wins, Alonso cannot finish any higher than third.
If Webber is second, Alonso cannot finish any higher than sixth and Vettel must not win.
If Webber is third, Alonso cannot finish any higher than fifth and Vettel must not win.
If Webber is fourth, Alonso cannot finish any higher than ninth and Vettel must not win.
If Webber is fifth, Alonso cannot finish any higher than 10th and Vettel must not be in the top two.

article-0-0BF50622000005DC-293_634x476.jpg
In the hunt: Sebastian Vettel celebrates victory in the Brazilian Grand Prix last weekend

SEBASTIAN VETTEL (231 points)

Vettel has to finish in the top two to have any chance of taking the title.

If Vettel wins, Alonso cannot finish any higher than fifth.

If Vettel finishes second, Alonso cannot finish any higher than ninth and Webber no higher than fifth.
LEWIS HAMILTON (222 points)

Hamilton has to win, hope Alonso does not score, with Webber no higher than sixth and Vettel no higher than third.
Finally, how about this for a scenario? Vettel wins, Webber is second and Alonso fifth, ensuring they all finish tied on points.
With Vettel and Alonso then tied on five wins apiece to Webber's four, Vettel would take the title on countback by virtue of more fourth-placed finishes over Alonso.

Read more: Formula One world title: Sportsmail's guide to the permutations with four men in the hunt | Mail Online

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Wishful thinking Jack.
I think this track will play directly into RBR hands and only tyres might be a problem.
Macs may qualify well but .....
With Westerly and even North Westerly (a very short sea track) winds there is absolutely zero chance of precipitation and the max day time temps for mid November to be in the order of 27 to 29c (80 to 84f).

No spoilers here,

Just wanted to say that we have seen the best F1 season in a very long time.

And I have a feeling that next season will be as good.

Yours,

An Eternal Optimist. :)

Keith

Renault engines played no small part in the final result.. and that was just in
the upper part of the midfield. :laugh:

so happy finally Sebastian won the championship (and if u look back at my post of the past I already told this when he won in Monza :)).
A new kid around...the best possible today.

Shame again over ferrari strategy.....italian politics already talk of Montezemolo dismiss.. LOL (we really dont have anything else to think about eh..).

Question:
what is the meaning of Massa in ferrari team?...we all still dunno.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Like Barichello,Irvine, Alesi.
The Sacrificlal Lamb.
If Modena could run a one car team they probably would.
Vettel ? - it was just a matter of when he would be champion. It was never in doubt.
He is so talented and so young he could get more championships than shumacher.
(Lower case intentional).
I wish I was a betting man.

Just so pleased my driver of choice won yesterday............ABA

Anyone but Alonso! :thumbsup:

Damn right Paul :thumbsup:

Alonso showed his true colours by gesturing to Petrov after the race. I'm sure after he has calmed down he will apologise to Petrov.... YEAH RIGHT! :thumbsdown:

Where do we send the money David?

You got 9 points for Vettel 1st and Alonso 2nd
Jim and Pete both got 1 point for Button in 5th.

The other 5 who entered, including me, got NIL points!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Chris,
No winners really - just a bit of fun. Grateful for any contributions at all and they can go to your local Marie Cury or Cancer Research - including mine.
Same again next year ?

There is to be a Stewards Enquiry:- Alonso's car was found to be underweight following toys from pram throwing incident after race. :)

There is to be a Stewards Enquiry:- Alonso's car was found to be underweight following toys from pram throwing incident after race. :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back