F1 2010

Gent's,
I was sorry for the abrupt post but the cars were just pulling off the track at the time. The race was carried on FOX here(Buffalo 29). I do not have cable any more so I only caught the last 15 laps. Nice to watch the race in High Def though. The FOX team seem to think Shu is a has been. Good race, Hamiltons pass to take the lead at the end classic.
Dave

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well I hope that news was not a 'spoiler' David
else you'll have Mr Mcluskey foaming at the mouth ('it's all right guys - it's just the Carlton foaming up a bit mate, you mongrels' etc etc)

It was, but I have learnt not to go near this thread until after I have viewed the replay.
Schumacher confirmed my opinion of him, he should be banned from F1.

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Schuey has had better weekends than that and didn't behave very well either but overall the race was full of stuff to enjoy for once. The changing tyre grip was the item that made the race so maybe they should have a 3 compound difference between tyres in future and not just 2 compound differences.

There was a lot of incidents being referred to the stewards. Does anyone know if any penalties were handed out post race? Some offences were very deserving of a penalty for once!

It can't be just me... Why does Schumacher seems to be coated in Teflon. He seems to get away with things that any other driver would immediately be pinged for. He displayed the most amazing arrogance to drive the way he did. And to clip Massa's front wing towards the end was pure cynicism. HE knew exactly what he was doing.

what a W*nker.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
It was nice to see a dry race that was exciting enough to watch without falling asleep. Good race! I only wished that Webber could have had a couple more laps to catch up with Vettle. That would have been the best part.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
I am with Pete on the issue of spoiler threads......

We should all agree to at least wait 24 hours until posting results.

Keith

Fantastic race and due in most part to the wide difference between 'prime' and 'option' tyres.

I must say that I thought Mclaren had gambled too much on safety car but you would have to say that if there had been one, they quite possibly could have been laps ahead by the finish. However, pulling them in and releasing them in clear air was clearly (with hindsight) and with the harder tyres, the way to go.

Great to see Ferrari back up to form.

Just re-visiting previous postings regarding Mr Schumachers comeback, I think that this was just the scenario I had dreaded. Uncompetetive against his team mate, needlessly ruthless - to me he has now tainted his great reputation and I don't see a way back for him unless he wins the World Championship as soon as next year.

I cannot imagine (apart from arrogance) what prompted him to make a return and risk the fantastic history he made at Ferrari. :shrug:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Schuey has had better weekends than that and didn't behave very well either but overall the race was full of stuff to enjoy for once. The changing tyre grip was the item that made the race so maybe they should have a 3 compound difference between tyres in future and not just 2 compound differences.

There was a lot of incidents being referred to the stewards. Does anyone know if any penalties were handed out post race? Some offences were very deserving of a penalty for once!

Robert Kubica and Jaime Alguersuari have both been given reprimands by the race Stewards for separate incidents.
Kubica was reprimanded for a dangerous entry to the pits. The Renault driver was running side-by-side down the straight before the final chicane, on the inside of Force India driver Adrian Sutil, and when they arrived at the pit entrance Kubica dove across the front of Sutil to enter the pits, cutting his right rear tyre in the process.
Toro Rosso driver Alguersuari was reprimanded because he cut in front of Rubens Barrichello's Williams when braking for the hairpin on lap 11, and the two made contact, necessitating both drivers taking to the pits for repairs.

Felipe Massa was given a 20 second penalty after the event when the stewards of the race determined that the Brazilian driver sped in the pits on his final stop to replace his front wing after making contact with Michael Schumacher on lap 63 of the Canadian Grand Prix.
As Massa was the last driver one lap down, he remains in 15th place.
No action was taken by the stewards regarding the on-track incident.

It seems the teflon coated German got off scot free, again!
It was a terrific race and really entertaining, more than one tyre supplier would make it even more so.
A great pity that Webber's gearbox had to be replaced. (conspiracy theory anyone?)
I still remember Seb getting cuddled in Turkey.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Force India's Andy Stevenson has lambasted the conduct of drivers in the Canadian Grand Prix after separate incidents spoiled the races of Tonio Liuzzi and Adrian Sutil.
Liuzzi, who has had a tough season to date, spent a lot of time at the Silverstone factory between Turkey and Canada, and after a number of issues at recent races, was back in chassis No1, the car he tested pre-season and drove in the early races. It netted him his best qualifying performance of the season, sixth, but he dropped down the field after first lap contact with Felipe Massa before driving a storming race back to ninth.
"Tonio was making ground on Jenson Button at the start but then Massa left him no room and pushed him onto the grass," Stevenson explained. "Then it looks as if Massa had another couple of bites at him. The car looks like a shark's attacked it - ridiculous..."
Liuzzi's team mate, Adrian Sutil, then saw Robert Kubica shoot across his bows as the Renault entered the pitlane.
"Adrian was having a great battle with Kubica who, for some unknown reason wanted to fight with him even though we could see his guys out in the pitlane and knew he was going to stop," Stevenson goes on. "It was one of the most ridiculous moves I've ever seen. If it wasn't for Adrian's sharpness that would have been a huge accident going into the last corner. It was crazy. It ruined Adrian's race and caused a puncture to the right rear."
The driver lending his expertise to the stewards in Canada was none other than 1972/'74 world champion Emerson Fittipaldi. While this year has been refreshing in the lack of a spate of driver penalties which can undermine a driver's confidence in actually racing, many felt that Kubica was fortunate to escape with just a reprimand in Montreal...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
"Fernando Alonso took the opportunity to test the heavily revised F10, featuring Red Bull style exhausts in Fairano last week.

Whilst in-season testing is banned, teams are allocated a certain amount of 'promotional filming' time - which several teams have used to their advantage to test new parts.

It's thought the new exhausts will boost the diffusers efficiency by almost 80%, doubling the downforce it creates. Whilst Ferrari will be the first team to copy the system, ready for next weekends race in Valencia, McLaren, Mercedes, Renault and Williams are all expected to debut it at Silverstone.

A video of the test made its way onto the popular video sharing website YouTube, and clearly shows the exhausts have been moved from the engine cover to the lower-rear of the car.

A statement on the teams website joked: "You have to make the most of any opportunity in this era of the testing ban!"

....................................................................................................................

<TABLE id=post139689140 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_139689140 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->Jenson Button sued Mercedes over £1m car 'gift'
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #dedcd7; COLOR: #dedcd7" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Jenson Button sued Mercedes after they refused to give him the car he drove to victory as a gift.

Button says his team, Brawn GP, which was later bought out by Mercedes, wrote into his contract that he would receive a Brawn BGP 001 if he won the championship.

Sources close to Button, 30, say he wanted one of the cars, which he described as the best he had ever driven, as a ‘memento’ of his triumph last October.

‘Last year’s victory was a culmination of his life’s work, and to have one of the models he drove to win was going to be the icing on the cake for him,’ a source said last night.

At least six Brawn BGP 001 cars were made for Button and his team-mate Rubens Barrichello by Honda Racing, which was bought out by Brawn last year.

The carbon-fibre vehicles are believed to have cost more than £1million each to build.
But in the months after Button’s crowning as the 10th British Formula 1 World Champion, there was no sign of his gift.

Meanwhile, Brawn was bought out in November by Mercedes, which inherited the contractual pledge.

Just days later, Button left to join Vodafone McLaren Mercedes alongside Lewis Hamilton. And in April, he launched legal action against Mercedes at the High Court in London.

According to the writ submitted by Button’s company JB Next BV, his contract with Brawn read: ‘In the event that the Driver wins the Driver Championship at any time during the term, the Company shall transfer...ownership of one chassis [car] of the type driven by the driver during that winning season.’

The writ also quotes an email from Mercedes in January, which said: ‘We have no spare 2009 chassis as limited quantities were manufactured for the 2009 season for cost reasons.

'We can therefore arrange for a chassis of the type driven by Jenson during the 2009 season in line with the terms of the contract to be manufactured during the factory shutdown in July as we currently are busy working on the 2010 car.’
But Button said a replica would lack the ‘special and unique’ value of one of the vehicles he used to win the championship.

The writ only became public last week. However, The Mail on Sunday can now reveal that the two sides have reached a deal after frantic negotiations.

Button’s spokesman said that he will receive a 2009 Brawn BGP 001 from Mercedes. ‘We have arrived at an amicable resolution, and so there will no longer be any court action over this,’ he added.

Motoring experts say the vehicle could be worth as much as £1million.

Button’s agreement with Mercedes is similar to a promise made by McLaren boss Ron Dennis, who pledged to give Lewis Hamilton a £5million car if he won three world championships.

The Brawn BGP 001, with its seven-speed gearbox, can reach 60mph in less than two seconds, and 100mph in four seconds.

Button has developed a reputation as something of a playboy because of his love of luxury cars and beautiful women. Among the vehicles in the garage of his Guernsey mansion is a Ferrari Enzo, worth about £450,000.

Last year, he put his Bugatti Veyron on the market for £900,000.

Button recently split from Jessica Michibata, a Japanese lingerie model, after 18 months together. His previous conquests include model Florence Brudenell-Bruce and ex-Fame Academy contestant Louise Griffiths, to whom he was engaged

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE id=post139689140 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_139689140 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Gent's,
The race was carried on FOX here(Buffalo 29).

While waiting for the NASCAR race to end, which was immediately followed by the F1 race, I was put off by the NASCAR/FOX commentators suggesting that the F1 fans waiting for the race to end are in for a real treat during the last few laps as compared to F1 action. "If you think F1 is exciting, just stay tuned for the end of this race and see what NASCAR is all about". Perhaps true to some degree, but as an ex-NASCAR fan myself, I thought, "jeez", is that the best you can do is put a shameless plug in for NASCAR at the expense of F1. Watch the last 3 laps of any NASCAR race, and you've seen the whole race.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
........SPOILER.........Quali results.

Interesting that in park ferme' everone congratulated Vettel except Webber who walked straight past. Some tension there methinks.

2010 FORMULA 1 TELEFÓNICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE
<TABLE class=raceResults cellSpacing=0 summary="" cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TH>Pos</TH><TH>No</TH><TH>Driver</TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>Q1</TH><TH>Q2</TH><TH>Q3</TH><TH>Laps</TH></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>5</TD><TD noWrap>Sebastian Vettel</TD><TD noWrap>RBR-Renault</TD><TD>1:38.324</TD><TD>1:38.015</TD><TD>1:37.587</TD><TD>18</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>6</TD><TD noWrap>Mark Webber</TD><TD noWrap>RBR-Renault</TD><TD>1:38.549</TD><TD>1:38.041</TD><TD>1:37.662</TD><TD>21</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD noWrap>Lewis Hamilton</TD><TD noWrap>McLaren-Mercedes</TD><TD>1:38.697</TD><TD>1:38.158</TD><TD>1:37.969</TD><TD>17</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>8</TD><TD noWrap>Fernando Alonso</TD><TD noWrap>Ferrari</TD><TD>1:38.472</TD><TD>1:38.179</TD><TD>1:38.075</TD><TD>23</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>7</TD><TD noWrap>Felipe Massa</TD><TD noWrap>Ferrari</TD><TD>1:38.657</TD><TD>1:38.046</TD><TD>1:38.127</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>11</TD><TD noWrap>Robert Kubica</TD><TD noWrap>Renault</TD><TD>1:38.132</TD><TD>1:38.062</TD><TD>1:38.137</TD><TD>18</TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD noWrap>Jenson Button</TD><TD noWrap>McLaren-Mercedes</TD><TD>1:38.360</TD><TD>1:38.399</TD><TD>1:38.210</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>10</TD><TD noWrap>Nico Hulkenberg</TD><TD noWrap>Williams-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:38.843</TD><TD>1:38.523</TD><TD>1:38.428</TD><TD>23</TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>9</TD><TD noWrap>Rubens Barrichello</TD><TD noWrap>Williams-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:38.449</TD><TD>1:38.326</TD><TD>1:38.428</TD><TD>23</TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>12</TD><TD noWrap>Vitaly Petrov</TD><TD noWrap>Renault</TD><TD>1:39.004</TD><TD>1:38.552</TD><TD>1:38.523</TD><TD>21</TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>16</TD><TD noWrap>Sebastien Buemi</TD><TD noWrap>STR-Ferrari</TD><TD>1:39.096</TD><TD>1:38.586</TD><TD></TD><TD>15</TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>4</TD><TD noWrap>Nico Rosberg</TD><TD noWrap>Mercedes GP</TD><TD>1:38.752</TD><TD>1:38.627</TD><TD></TD><TD>12</TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>14</TD><TD noWrap>Adrian Sutil</TD><TD noWrap>Force India-Mercedes</TD><TD>1:39.021</TD><TD>1:38.851</TD><TD></TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>15</TD><TD noWrap>Vitantonio Liuzzi</TD><TD noWrap>Force India-Mercedes</TD><TD>1:38.969</TD><TD>1:38.884</TD><TD></TD><TD>15</TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>3</TD><TD noWrap>Michael Schumacher</TD><TD noWrap>Mercedes GP</TD><TD>1:38.994</TD><TD>1:39.234</TD><TD></TD><TD>19</TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>22</TD><TD noWrap>Pedro de la Rosa</TD><TD noWrap>BMW Sauber-Ferrari</TD><TD>1:39.003</TD><TD>1:39.264</TD><TD></TD><TD>16</TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>17</TD><TD noWrap>Jaime Alguersuari</TD><TD noWrap>STR-Ferrari</TD><TD>1:39.128</TD><TD>1:39.458</TD><TD></TD><TD>16</TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>23</TD><TD noWrap>Kamui Kobayashi</TD><TD noWrap>BMW Sauber-Ferrari</TD><TD>1:39.343</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>18</TD><TD noWrap>Jarno Trulli</TD><TD noWrap>Lotus-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:40.658</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>11</TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>19</TD><TD noWrap>Heikki Kovalainen</TD><TD noWrap>Lotus-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:40.882</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>11</TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>25</TD><TD noWrap>Lucas di Grassi</TD><TD noWrap>Virgin-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:42.086</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>11</TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>24</TD><TD noWrap>Timo Glock</TD><TD noWrap>Virgin-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:42.140</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>20</TD><TD noWrap>Karun Chandhok</TD><TD noWrap>HRT-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:42.600</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>9</TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>21</TD><TD noWrap>Bruno Senna</TD><TD noWrap>HRT-Cosworth</TD><TD>1:42.851</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Keith

Mark's face during the post quallie interviews was a picture.

A real (wish I wasn't here) thousand kilometre stare.

Very happy that Webber came through okay. Horrific accident for sure!
I didn't know that Aussies could fly, but Mark continues to prove it so.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
.....SPOILER...........................

The crash. Webber OK after horrific crash - Formula One - Fox Sports

Jeff sorry it's Fox Sport.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Angry Alonso says race 'manipulated'<!-- end title -->

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=news_article_author vAlign=top width="50%" align=left><!-- credit -->By Pablo Elizalde<!-- end credit --></TD><TD class=news_article_date width="50%" align=right>Sunday, June 27th 2010, 14:16 GMT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1270388128.jpg
Fernando Alonso was heavily critical of the race stewards of the European Grand Prix, saying the race had been manipulated.
The Spanish driver finished in a distant ninth position after losing out during the safety car period following Mark Webber's crash.
Alonso was running in third at the time, right behind McLaren's Lewis Hamilton, but the Briton overtook the safety car and went on to finish in second.
Hamilton earned a drive-through penalty for his action, but the Briton kept second place while Alonso dropped out of the point-scoring positions for having respected the rules.
The Ferrari driver was angry at the stewards' decision, saying the race had been manipulated by it.
"It's a shame, not for us because this is racing, but for all the fans who came here to watch a manipulated race," he told Spanish television after the race.
"We were running well, in third after a good start. Then the safety car came out, which wasn't too good for us, but Hamilton overtook the safety car, something that I had never seen, overtaking the medical car with yellow flags. We were a metre off each other, and he finished second and I finished ninth.
"This race was to finish second. Then with the safety car I would have finished where I finished in ninth, and Hamilton in eighth. But here, when you do the normal thing, which is respecting the rules, you finish ninth, and the one who doesn't respect them finishes second."
The Spaniard said everything seemed to be going against him and his team.
"It must have been very hard to know," said Alonso of the times it took the stewards to penalise Hamilton. "They must have taken a lot of laps to see the replay of how he overtook the medical car.
"But that's how it is. Unfortunately everything goes against us and it seems they are allowing everything."
A further nine drivers are facing penalties for possible infringements.
<!-- End Main Box--><TABLE class=news_minor border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>
space.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>http://www.castroldriverrankings.com/vodcast </TD></TR><TR><TD>
space.gif

Last edited:
Back