F1 in 2015

Buckets of rain today. P3 was held behind locked gates (no spectators admitted to track at that time). Qualifying has been moved to 9AM (Texas time) Sunday. Weather forecast is better - only 50% chance of rain. Should be an interesting day.

I enjoy the wet races as long as it remains reasonably safe for the drivers. When visibility gets to the point when the drivers shout for the red flag I feel it should stop.

Bob

Keith

Probably the best race of the season so far, despite the weather, with full marks to COTA for perseverance. The fans who stayed got a treat...

A weekend of Motorsport controversy what with the MotoGP Rossi/Marquez farrago, and some question marks at Talledega too..

If you were a race steward, what would your reaction be to a driver taking part in a restart who knew that his car was not capable of accelerating faster than the formation lap speed, thus causing a predicable multi-car pile-up? What is it with NASCAR anyway?

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
WTF! for the second race in a row, NBCSN airs NASCAR in place of the scheduled F1, and this is not the race that was overstaying its welcome, but the second, third,... post-race interviews and highlights. I can only assume this ad nauseam repetition is to accommodate the brain damaged, moonshine swilling, bubba that can't comprehend the first or second explanation of who won, and why. Yes, of course; there were two accidents in the last 4 laps to extend the agony, which is why there is no reason whatsoever to watch anything but the last 5 laps of any of their races.

Now to set the recorder to record everything non-F1 in the hopes that NBCSN will finally air the race (so far it's 1900 in the same time-zone as the race location). It appears there must have been a qualifying session (which was punted for the NASCAR qualifying) because the grid is different from the P3 results.

Edit: Finally, the race is being aired!

Last edited:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Probably the best race of the season so far, despite the weather, with full marks to COTA for perseverance. The fans who stayed got a treat...

Absolutely! Shame the way Nico acted post-race. Not sure if he's disappointed in himself, or just sour grapes.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
If you were a race steward, what would your reaction be to a driver taking part in a restart who knew that his car was not capable of accelerating faster than the formation lap speed, thus causing a predicable multi-car pile-up? What is it with NASCAR anyway?

That's the way NASCAR rolls. Anything to increase the last 5-lap drama.

What a day, yesterday.

First a great Moto GP race right till the incedent with Marquez and Rossi. I was and still am a great fan of Rossi, but WTF was he thinking. He must have been very frustrated, but that's no excuse.
Championship is going to be difficult, but still possible!

Than that great F1 race. And again Max was man of the match (not being biased at all ;-) )

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely! Shame the way Nico acted post-race. Not sure if he's disappointed in himself, or just sour grapes.

He was disappointed that Hamilton pushed him off the track at turn one, then Hamilton added insult to injury by throwing him the first of the losers cap.
I'd have shoved it up Hamiltons arse!
It was the best race of the year and a certain Aussie was surperb in the rain, I hope he joins his old teammate at Ferrari when Kimi retires.
A certain Spanish twat who is getting paid a € million a race by Mclaren wanted to stop when he was in the points, he needs a check up from the neck up.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a day, yesterday.

First a great Moto GP race right till the incedent with Marquez and Rossi. I was and still am a great fan of Rossi, but WTF was he thinking. He must have been very frustrated, but that's no excuse.
Championship is going to be difficult, but still possible!

Than that great F1 race. And again Max was man of the match (not being biased at all ;-) )

If any other rider had done that they would have been black flagged and disqualified. Rossi got off lightly. Marquez was being a twat but that's no excuse.

Keith

Got to admit he drove like a veteran. I'll bet Sainz is cursing his luck at being partnered with Max as he is being shaded somewhat. However, his own drive was quite outstanding yesterday. What a pairing TR have!

Lulu has definitely upped his game this season. I suppose now they have the constructors and driver championship in the bag Merc will start testing next years developments. McHonda have been doing so all season.

Bob

Keith

He's not very good to his employers is he? Arrives at a ball in New York in a La Ferrari, and drives around in a Pagani Zonda in Monaco. I am not sure that his car choices will be welcomed by the board..

I must admit, he makes it very hard to respect him as a high achieving sportsman, but to be fair, he went straight out and cracked out a laptime over .5 sec quicker than Britney in Brazil FP1, although lost that .5 back in FP2..

Looking at the lap times, two things seem clear. Firstly, Colgate Kid seems to have got the uprated Renault engine as he is consistently 2 tenths quicker than Danny Boy (not seen so far this season) and secondly, without doubt Merc has opened up the taps on their motor, and even Vettel is admitting that Ferrari seem to have lost some ground.

Brazil is theirs to lose...

Some Lulu quotes: The Briton (Lulu) has also admitted to drinking much more heavily in 2015, telling reporters on Thursday that "I have definitely put on a bit of weight in the past couple of months". As for the Monaco car crash, Hamilton said: "It was a result of heavy partying and not much rest for a week and a half. I am a bit run down. I don't feel as bad as I look. The last two days I have slept pretty much all day. I am generally a really energetic person but that week after Mexico and the party we drank a lot and I was really feeling it."

Back