F1 in 2015

Keith

Wtf is Ron Dennis doing, trying to play God? Now the board will decide who drives for McLaren next year. What bollocks! The board should sack Dennis,who wants a CEO who can't make a decision.
The Brit fans of McLaren will leave in droves if Jenson gets shafted, I hope Ron explains that to the board.

Well, I reckon he's gone and he knows it...:cry:

According to David Coulthard, Ron Dennis treats his drivers "like light bulbs"

Sounds about right....:veryangry:

McLaren will definitely be off my Christmas Card list henceforth full stop.

Pat

Supporter
Perhaps Mr. Dennis is holding out for the rumored three car teams and he would retain Mr. Button.
Either that or he's gaming them on their salaries.

Keith

I stil think it's entirely possible that Alonso hasn't yet fully committed and is holding out waiting for the Hamilton/Mercedes contract negotiations to be concluded. It's no secret he wants a Merc factory drive.

Tiz a strange thing this driver choice. Most drivers on the grid would or could win the world championship if they were given a competitive reliable car. With the constant changing of the rules I feel that the older more experienced guys struggle more to adapt than the up and coming , there is no shortage of cheaper talented drivers which must make the likes of Alonso Button and Petal look expensive to those that hold the purse strings. Look at the Auztalian Ricardo to name but one, he is value for money.

Bob

Keith

Yes, but drivers must be marketable too. Some of those teeny hot shoes have the personality of a paper bag.

Day one at Yas Marina testing shortly to end and the McLaren Honda managed just one lap and broke down in the hands of Stoffel Vandoorne..

Attachments

• Test.JPG
    Test.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 203

Keith

Hulkenburg to drive Porsche 919 Hybrid at Spa and Le Mans. It's been a long time since a 'serving' F1 driver has driven in a non F1 series.

Anyone interested in WEC?

David could start a new thread... :)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
A new thread....
The Chip shops of the Ardennes......
Why do the locals only drink Jupiler.......
Getting lost in Liege.......
Going on the piss in St. Vith......

Howard Jones

Supporter
Isn't the final Horner pic his Mom? The others aren't bad, Then theirs Berie............hard to top that picture.

Attachments

• images bbbb.jpg
    images bbbb.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 295
  • images ccc.jpg
    images ccc.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 262
  • images fff.jpg
    images fff.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 260
  • images aaaa.jpg
    images aaaa.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 269
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 292
Then theirs Berie............hard to top that picture.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

There really is a price for everything, Eh?

Keith

Confirmed 2015: Alonso and Button @ McProcrastinate..

KMag to reserve and test driver role.

So, the big question is: will there be a number 1 and number 2 driver?

There's a clue in this photograph!

Attachments

• McL.JPG
    McL.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
From the Mail:
Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat has agreed to sell some of its stake in McLaren to the Formula One team's overall head Ron Dennis, who is set to become the majority shareholder.

Full circle really. So long as the fool Martin Whitmarsh stays away and some of the challenged so called 'Engineers' (at Mercedes) don't come back, Big Ron can build a winning team again.

From the Mail:
Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat has agreed to sell some of its stake in McLaren to the Formula One team's overall head Ron Dennis, who is set to become the majority shareholder.

It will be interesting see if Ron can turn this around now. Its such a strange situation at Mclaren with them being partially in bed with Mercedes on car production then having to go to war with them in a Honda powered F1 car.

Bob

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
BBC television's 10 live races in 2015
29 March - Malaysia
19 April - Bahrain
7 June - Canada
5 July - Great Britain
26 July - Hungary
23 August - Belgium
27 September - Japan
11 October - Russia
15 November - Brazil
29 November - Abu Dhabi

Discuss. It has to be more interesting than all that USA political shit.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Has everyone seen Quali yet?
Aw well I'll talk about peripheral stuff without giving the result.
Having a few mates in today to watch the race and down some coldies, while you chaps over there are tucked up in bed.
Van der Garde and Sauber having a dust up in the Courts over contracts and 18 million that was given to Sauber so Mr. Garde could have a drive. Mr Garde won the court battle but is still not driving, I'll bet he is pissed.
Mclaren have said there was nothing mechanical that caused Alonso's crash. Media is speculating that he had some sort of seizure.......but that's the media.

Back