Fatal GT40 Accident - Please tell me this is not Toms RCR GT40

I saw this thread title this morning, but I tend to shy away from bad news so I didnt read it. A call to Ramlift on unrelated business and Simon alerted me. Now I know.

I am very sad for Tom and his lovely wife and daughter. The highlight (for me) of the evening BBQ at Jim's was when Tom and I got to steal away for a visit to my build. Sharing the my work with such an accomplished builder and fellow motorcycle racer was one of the highlights of that year.

His daughter playing guitar on the back deck over looking the lights of the valley remains idealic in my mind. It was a great visit and a fine evening, it is my sincere wish there are more to come.

Hang in there my friend, we are all pulling for you.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
How tragic! I've never had the pleasure of meeting Tom and yet, to a degree, I feel I know him through his build. His attention to detail, taste in aesthetics, etc. made him a friend. My heartfelt condolences to the passenger's family. I can't imagine what they are going through.

Tom and family - please know there are many people out here in the car world who are sending positive thoughts and prayers your way wishing you a speedy recovery.

Very sad day......

Dave L

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
OMG!!!!! Please do keep us posted Fran!

Praying for his strength...

My prayers and hopes go out to Tom and his dear family. A tragic accident indeed. May he and his family be spared further misfortune and suffering, keeping my fingers crossed for a healthy recovery and better times ahead.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Sincere condolences to all concerned and hope Tom makes a full recovery.

My condolences to the families and I hope Tom will have a speedy and full recovery. One thing that I noticed in the photos was a lack of a roll cage...could the Emergency personnel have cut the cage off to enable extraction? or did it have a cage at all?

My condolences to the families and I hope Tom will have a speedy and full recovery. One thing that I noticed in the photos was a lack of a roll cage...could the Emergency personnel have cut the cage off to enable extraction? or did it have a cage at all?

It had a cage and yes it looks to have been cut out. Truth be told tho if your not wearing a helmet sometimes a cage hurts more than helps....

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
What a totally horrid thing to have happened. Good lord.

Prayers for all affected by this terrible event.

'Unbelievably sad...

Howard Jones

Supporter
Man I just hate stuff like this. I met Tom with Rob and he IS a very pleasant guy. His family seamed very nice also. My heart goes out to them. You made me cry Rob when I realized that I remember his daughter playing that guitar at Jims house also.

Since I have NO idea what happened I will not comment on what looks like happened, this kind of discussion really doesn't do anybody any good anyway. We might want to have a good talk about safety equipment again over on the proper page. I'll be looking forward to some better news here on Tom.

But for now, tragic accident is all I see. Geese.............this hurts.......

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Since I have NO idea what happened I will not comment on what looks like happened, this kind of discussion really doesn't do anybody any good anyway. We might want to have a good talk about safety equipment again over on the proper page. I'll be looking forward to some better news here on Tom.

But for now, tragic accident is all I see. Geese.............this hurts.......

Agree 100% here...

Let's not analyze the situation without facts... Take any other discussions to another thread please and lets focus on Tom and the families and friends impacted by this terrible accident...

Back