Finally found a job, 2 hours away from home...

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Well I finally found gainful employment! Only problem is, it's in Austin, which is 2.5 hrs away. Not a big deal, but to save gas and money I'll be staying at my mom's place during the work week and home on the weekends. We'll see how this all plays out when the baby is born, but for now it's ok. Gotta do what I gotta do!

The job is at a place called CarX, it's an auto repair shop. I'm basically a manager trainee being groomed to take over one of the stores when it comes open in about July or August. The pay is pretty damned good though, that's why I took it.

Anyway, guessing this means I won't be on here quite as much and you all won't get to enjoy quite as much witty banter from this guy... LOL

Laters,

Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Brian!

Sometimes you just gotta go where the work is.. My best friend's wife took a job in Japan (contract) for Boeing... Nothing available here in Minnesota at all and the next closest place was Savannah but they weren't hiring yet..

Brian Hamilton

LOL, momz will let me use the computer, but I won't be on here all day long like I am now.

Yeah, gotta go where the work is Randy, you're so right. Hopefully the pay is what they promised though...

Keith

Well done Brian, I take it you'll be ordering your SLC with the 4 rotor very soon now! :idea:

By the way, we don't use the term "grooming" over here any longer mate, it has quite a different connotation, plus I think you're a bit old for for the practice but you do live in Texas where anything is possible... :eek:

:laugh:

Good for you, Brian. This is the right action, and will either turn out good or will lead to other possibilities. The thing is to keep up the momentum (we all have a need for cash flow). If you go OK, you may be able to convince them to open a branch in your home town. Think big, you can do it. And think of that SLC on the horizon, as Keith mentioned. Babies come and go, but cars are forever. Just don't tell the missus.

Good work Brian
I have spent my life in the Auto repair industry. I started as an apprentice mechanic then worked up to Service advisor, then workshop Manager, Service Manager and went on to buy my own service franchise which I have just sold. It has been a rewarding career.

Go for it, look at it as a start and be positive.

Congrats and good luck.

I had to do the same thing 4 years ago when I took the job in San Diego, leaving my
wife (who called me the second day on the job to inform me she was pregnant with
number 2) and soon to be 2 yo son in Sacramento. I came home every other weekend
for about 2 months until we finished packing up the house in Sacramento and moved
everyone down here.

It was a difficult period, but well worth it in the end.

Ian

Brian Hamilton

Welp, today was the first day. Drove down here last night, got in at about 10:30. Called the wife to tell her I made it OK, she called me back about 3 times last night saying she couldn't sleep without me there. Awwww, how cute. LOL Anyway, I was working today and did pretty well I guess. I only made a few mistakes, but they're just petty newbie mistakes. Wife's called me and texted me all day. Haha. Daughter cried last night when I left, and has been all sad since I left. She has her TAKS Test tomorrow, so I had to call and calm her down and talk to her a little to make her all better. I work tomorrow and head back to Brownwood tomorrow evening and we go to the Dr. on Wednesday and get to find out if I'm going to have a son or daughter in August. We're taking Kelcie out of school that afternoon to go with us. I'm probably rambling because I've been up since 6am and it's about 10:15pm now. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Laters,

Brian

BTW, for almost 6 years, I lived in Sacramento and worked in Berkeley and Oakland. Commuted every day by train for the most part, minimum 2.5 hours each way, Mon through Friday. Occasionally drove in, which cut down the commute some (except on Friday afternoon, when it got much longer). That was a big piece of the decision to take the job in San Diego.

Ian

Back