GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Again Jeff. The type of weapon is meaningless. This is my opinion and it happens to be broadly shared. The facts were presented by BBC and I linked to them in this forum as information for consideration.
Your continued attempts to belittle me because of my opinions is not adding information of value to the discussion. And yes, it is supposed to be just that - a discussion - not an argument.

Again - ALL - be civil and keep your languages clean..

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Your conclusion that the type of weapon is meaningless has ZERO relation to the data you posted. In fact, the fact is the conclusion you reached from the data is completely incorrect, and skewed towards your opinion.

The fact remains that the overall murder rate in London v. NYC for the last decade has been about 1/3 of what it is in New York. The overall rate. The one that matters.

You are wrong, it's not an opinion and you posting that stuff adds nothing of information or value to the discussion.

Just like you speculating that Hillary had Parkinsons.

It's a pattern with you, and it should stop.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well Jeff - Clearly you’re accepting only those opinions that are consistent with your own.
Any other opinions are to be dismissed or belittled by you.
You stretch and mold peoples statements to fit your agenda.
Do you do this because in your real life you are not allowed to do it?

Believe it or not - many people have a tendency to just dismiss comments made by people who have little to add. Feel free to ignore mine as you will.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Well Jeff - Clearly you’re accepting only those opinions that are consistent with your own.
Any other opinions are to be dismissed or belittled by you.
You stretch and mold peoples statements to fit your agenda.
Do you do this because in your real life you are not allowed to do it?

Believe it or not - many people have a tendency to just dismiss comments made by people who have little to add. Feel free to ignore mine as you will.

Oh no. I'm not going to ignore yours at all. I'm going to point them out for the oft-times silly, stupid, damaging "opinions" they are. They don't add anything to the discussion, and in fact get us distracted from what is important. Knives are not as dangerous as guns. London's overall homicide rate is lower than NYCs. These are facts. We base policy discussion and decisions off of facts.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Nick!
Looks like they’re ahead of the game - to a degree.
I would have to presume that the sentence of 4 years for posession of a knife weapon is substantially less than for carrying a gun...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dead is dead. Whether that death was delivered via knife, rock, baton or gun.

Thanks Nick!
Looks like they’re ahead of the game - to a degree.
I would have to presume that the sentence of 4 years for posession of a knife weapon is substantially less than for carrying a gun...

I believe it is 5 years for carrying an illegal gun.

Possession of a handgun = 5 years mandatory prison. Northern Ireland is the exception, because of the history of terrorism-related violence that means individuals can find themselves targeted for political reasons. (Prison officers, for example).

From Police.uk

Guns and firearms
You need a firearms certificate issued by the police to possess, buy or acquire a firearm or shotgun. You must also have a certificate to buy ammunition. It is illegal for anyone aged under 18 to purchase an imitation firearm and for anyone to sell an imitation firearm to someone aged under 18.

Certain firearms are completely prohibited. You won’t be able to get a certificate for them and it is an offence to possess, buy or acquire them without the authority of the Home Secretary.

It is an offence to be in possession of a firearm, a shotgun or dangerous air-weapon and certain ammunition without a certificate or to be in possession of a prohibited weapon.

Carrying a weapon
If you are caught illegally carrying a knife or a gun, even an imitation one you will be arrested and prosecuted. It is no excuse to say it was for your own protection or you were carrying it for someone else.

Remember - the law is clear - if you choose to carry a weapon, you put your future in danger. If you don't take it with you, it won't be used.

Play your part in reducing knife and gun crime by reporting people you know or suspect may be carrying a weapon illegally.

Call your local police on 101, or dial 999 if a crime is in progress or a life is in danger.

If you can't talk to police, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or using their online reporting form (opens in a new window) and give information about crime anonymously.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very interesting Nick!
I am curious what the crime rate involving guns may be there. Not to get you or anyone else to search for and drag out statistics - but just curious if you hear about these crimes on a regular basis...

Very interesting Nick!
I am curious what the crime rate involving guns may be there. Not to get you or anyone else to search for and drag out statistics - but just curious if you hear about these crimes on a regular basis...

To give you an idea

6375 firearm offences year ending 31st march 2017

In 2015-16 (the twelve months beginning in March), there were 26 fatalities from gun-related crimes in England and Wales

Police in the UK fired their guns 7 times in 2015.

Percentage of all murders in England and Wales that were committed by firearm: 4.5 percent.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Nick.

In contrast:

38,000 gun deaths in the US in 2016.

987 shot and killed by the poice in the US in 2017 (not just shot, shot and killed).

No problem here! Knives, spoons and rocks are just as dangerous! Guns don't kill people, only Americans with guns do!

Give me a freaking break.

Nick,

how are you today? Just wondering, if the united states is such a bad place (to many gun deaths) why is it that people from england would move here? Why move from a safe country to a dangerous country and raise a family?

I am glad gun deaths are down in your country. It is well noted england is a gun free zone. Don't think that the terrorist have not noticed also.

I'll take my chances in a country where i can leagly protect myself and my family.

When only seconds count...the police are just minutes away..

Can you at least carry pepper spray in england?? Maybe keep a can of wasp spray in your car and next to your bed. Sprays 20 feet and they have to get medical treatment for their eyes.

Best regards

walt

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
are you SURE more people emigrate from the US to the UK than immigrate from the UK to the US on a per capita basis?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
26 fatalities from guns in the UK. London with a murder rate (of all kinds) 1/3 of New York.

38,000 gun deaths in the US.

Your conclusion: The US safer.

WTF?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jef,

nice spin again..i never said more people, your words not mine.

LOL..no spin at all. You would think you would evaluate which society is "more attractive" by aggregate immigration flows. That's not rocket science.

But let's address your point. People from England often move to the US for....ding ding....imagine this: Work.

I suspect that is the primary reason for all immigration and it has nothing to do with your frankly insane belief that they want the right to play Wyatt Earp and go packin'.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Jeff,

you know whats stupid, someone that joins a car forum, and out of 500 posts only 5 are car related.

"stupid is as stupid does"

Meh. It's my friend's site. I came here for car stuff originally, and to help him with some legal issues when whack jobs would try ot sue him/the site.

I stumbled on the Paddock and found it to be a right wing cesspool echo chamber with only the conservative -- far right actually - view represented. I hated to think that people interested in GT40s would come here and think the site is populated by that type of person. Now, a lot of the conservativism was just fine. Pete, Keith, Ian, David M. a few others, all fine. But gradually the particular virulent strain of Fox News zombies who think Hillary had Parkinsons' disease took over.

I started to and continue to post just to make it clear to potential enthusiasits that not all GT40s owners are nutjob rightwingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back