GT40s.com Paddock GUNS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEFF

"has nothing to do with your frankly insane belief that they want the right to play Wyatt Earp and go packin'." I DO NOT PLAY ANYTHING AS YOU SUGGEST... ALL I DO IS EXERCISE MY RIGHTS AS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DOES NOT MAKE ME A NUT. MORE NAME CALLING.. I EXPECT BETTER FROM THE "DEFENDER OF JUSTICE"

Nick,

how are you today? Just wondering, if the united states is such a bad place (to many gun deaths) why is it that people from england would move here? Why move from a safe country to a dangerous country and raise a family?

I am glad gun deaths are down in your country. It is well noted england is a gun free zone. Don't think that the terrorist have not noticed also.

I'll take my chances in a country where i can leagly protect myself and my family.

When only seconds count...the police are just minutes away..

Can you at least carry pepper spray in england?? Maybe keep a can of wasp spray in your car and next to your bed. Sprays 20 feet and they have to get medical treatment for their eyes.

Best regards

walt

I am having a great day thanks :)

As I said Walt I am not debating gun control anymore, as it will not change anyone's mind I am just providing information, or and reply to direct questions for that information, so people can make up their own minds. I am even questioning the sense in doing that to be honest.

This shows the murders from terrorists in the UK their words not mine are" The UK has been rocked by four terror attacks in 2017, with the most recent attack taking place at Parsons Green tube station last month."

But despite this string of attacks, relatively few people have been killed by terrorist attacks in the UK in recent years.

For information the Telegraph is considered a right wing biased paper, and is often referred to as the Torygraph, you may already know but Torys = Conservatives.

A quick glance at the graph seems to show the highest number of murders by terrorists, where by the IRA some on the mainland the majority in Northern Island where a large number of armed troops where stationed during the troubles.

How many people are killed by terrorist attacks in the UK?

You will have to ask the people you mention yourself I cannot speak for them. :)

I live in Cheshire, their advice for dealing with a robbery.

Being the victim of a robbery is often a traumatic time. Hopefully this will never happen to you but if you do find yourself involved in a robbery situation here is some advice to try and keep you safe:

Stay calm and try not to panic
Do not take risks. Avoid sudden movements and explain any overt actions you are about to make. An armed criminal can be unpredictable and/or ruthless.
Do not reach for pockets, handbags or activate a hold up alarm unless you are certain you can do so without being seen
Do not ‘have a go’. Goods and cash can be replaced. Your safety and that of your colleagues and customers is paramount
Do exactly as you are told
Do not become involved. Avoid confrontational eye contact with the raider
Walk away from the immediate area, but only if there are barriers between you and the offenders.

Edited
PS Apologies if it seems I was mocking you, I posted before I saw your "you are not going to change anyone on this forum"

Last edited:
NICK,
I JUST WONDERING.. I FOUND MY ANSWER ON THE INTERNET.

"So, are you allowed to carry pepper spray in the UK?
Well the main problem with carrying or using a pepper spray here in the UK, is the fact that it is also classed as an offensive weapon. In fact, pepper spray is considered the same level as a firearm..!!! "

HAVE A SAFE DAY

NICK,
I JUST WONDERING.. I FOUND MY ANSWER ON THE INTERNET.

"So, are you allowed to carry pepper spray in the UK?
Well the main problem with carrying or using a pepper spray here in the UK, is the fact that it is also classed as an offensive weapon. In fact, pepper spray is considered the same level as a firearm..!!! "

HAVE A SAFE DAY

Great Stuff Walt,

RE

Nick,

I am glad gun deaths are down in your country. It is well noted england is a gun free zone. Don't think that the terrorist have not noticed also.

Did you find this as well in the Telegraph, it may alleviate your concerns about the terrorists noticing are citizens are unarmed.

"Terror is killing far fewer people in the UK now than it was in the 1980s"

We still need to be vigilant and not get complacent, but Terrorists in my opinion feed of fear.

Steve

Supporter
Meh. It's my friend's site. I came here for car stuff originally, and to help him with some legal issues when whack jobs would try ot sue him/the site.

I stumbled on the Paddock and found it to be a right wing cesspool echo chamber with only the conservative -- far right actually - view represented. I hated to think that people interested in GT40s would come here and think the site is populated by that type of person. Now, a lot of the conservativism was just fine. Pete, Keith, Ian, David M. a few others, all fine. But gradually the particular virulent strain of Fox News zombies who think Hillary had Parkinsons' disease took over.

I started to and continue to post just to make it clear to potential enthusiasits that not all GT40s owners are nutjob rightwingers.

Thank God you rescued this site from certain doom and destruction from the "cesspool echo chamber with only...far right...views represented." Where would this site be without you. Such a righteous individual, looking out for those defenseless souls that might wander onto the GT40s site and come away appalled at the people here. I'm sure Ron has an email box full of complaints from these poor people......

Or maybe you're just an argumentative individual who can't stand not being right and find yourself drawn like a moth to the flame to a site largely populated with people who's views differ from your own.

Jeff, I don't always disagree with you, but you're so antagonistic, argumentative, dismissive and downright abusive to anyone on this site that disagrees with you that your message gets lost in the hostility. And just maybe add something to the site that's car related.

FWIW, I absolutely agree that the Heller decision clearly determined that the right to bear arms was not absolute and not without potential restriction. On this point, I differ with Larry. It has also been established that it is also an individual right and not simply the right of militia. Finally, it would take an amendment to change that. While amendments have certainly been passed previously, none have altered the bill of rights. That would certainly be stepping on hallowed ground. Even if passed, I can think of nothing that would divide and rip this country apart at the seams more. But hey, I'm apparently a "nut job right winger" so everything I said should be summarily dismissed.

JEFF,

THERE YOU GO TWISTING MY WORDS AGAIN "OR WHAT? YOU'LL SHOOT ME?"

I NEVER THREATENED YOU. BUT I WILL EXPLAIN THE "YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST" STATEMENT.

YOU ARE POSTING ON A PUBLIC FORUM WHERE ANYONE CAN READ YOUR POSTS. GOOD GUYS AND BAD GUYS.

YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR FULL NAME AND THE TOWN YOU LIVE IN. YOU HAVE POSTED WHAT YOU DO FOR A LIVING. SO A FEW CLICKS ON THE COMPUTER AND ANYONE CAN PROBABLY FIND YOUR WORK ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND HOURS. I BET YOU EVEN HAVE A PICTURE OF YOURSELF THERE ALSO. THIS GIVES THE BAD GUYS TOO MUCH INFORMATION

YOU HAVE ALSO TOLD THE STORY OF HOW YOU WERE BROKEN INTO AND ROBBED. YOU SAID YOU LET THE CRIMINAL GO AND YOU GAVE HIM WHAT HE WANTED. AND YOU BRAG ABOUT HOW SMART YOUR. BY DOING SO YOU TOLD THE BAD GUYS THAT YOU ARE a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things. OR AS YOU CALL IT A COWARD. YOU GO ON TO ARGUE THAT GUNS SHOULD BE LOCKED UP IN A SAFE. THAT MAY IMPLY YOU GUN (ASSUMING YOU OWN ONE) IS LOCKED UP.

LETS RECAP... YOU STATED ON A PUBLIC FORM (NATIONAL AND WORLD WIDE)THAT YOU WILL ALLOW CRIMINALS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOUSE AND WILL LET THEM GO AND GIVE THEM ANYTHING THEY WANT... RIGHT??? AND YOUR GUNS ARE LOCKED IN A SAFE PLACE.

DID YOU ALSO MENTION YOU HAVE A DOG? MUST BE A SMALL OR OLD DOG BECAUSE THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THE DOG BEING OF ANY HELP.

WHEN ASKED IF YOU SERVED IN THE MILITARY OR HAD COMBAT TRAINING YOU IGNORE THE QUESTION. THAT MIGHT TELL A BAD GUY YOUR ANSWER IS NO.

SCARED YET????? YOU SHOULD BE.

I SAID TO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CONTROL WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.

YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL ACT LIKE ONE! AGAIN THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM . YOU HAVE POSTED 500 POST ON A CAR FORUM, 5 OF WHICH ARE CAR RELATED. THE OTHERS THAT I READ YOU TRASHED THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, CALL PEOPLE NAMES ARGUE WITH PEOPLE. MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT LIKE YOU . BETTER HOPE NO ONE REPORTS YOU TO THE N.C. BAR. ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS READ YOUR POSTS.

I SUGGEST YOU BUY A GUN AND IT BECOMES YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND. CARRY IT 24/7
HAVE A NICE DAY

Steve and Walt,

I can see the validity of the points you raise, I don't particularly agree with Jeff's methods, and I am sure he can defend himself, but to try and make out this has all been one sided is quite frankly in my opinion disingenuous.

There is such a thing as passive aggressive, one of the traits of this is subtle insults, I have had a number of those come my way on numerous occasions on this site. May even have given out a few myself, we tend to only ever notice the ones that hurt us.

With Jeff you get what you see, no political correctness with him, he tells it as he feels it. We all push each others buttons, so we can't really complain about it if we poke someone and they retaliate, especially when we know the reaction it is going to bring, evidenced by the....."don't bother answering Jeff, Doug, Rod we know what you will say" (and I was the one accused as a Liberal of wanting to control people, that's a joke not a complaint by the way lol) etc that has been said a few times

Also Walt, and please don't take this the wrong way as they are my opinions, and like bum holes we all have them. Over 40% of my friends and colleagues I work with are ex forces, RAF and Army, I discuss things with them, argue things with them and listen to them. They were the best most professional combat trained forces personnel in the world, I have seen a British army rules of engagement card, it was an eye opener for me of what procedures they had to follow before opening fire, it would take extreme courage to comply. They would not, for one second think of bringing up someone else's lack of combat training as an issue the way you do on a discussion forum.

Finally, it sometimes takes even more courage not to do the dirty things because of your principles than to do them. Pacifist's for example, I will never have enough courage not to retaliate under provocation, something I was told I should have done by the police in my youth, when I came off worse after a fight.

Another apt one at Easter time would be Jesus, if you believe the account, when the Romans came to get him and one of his disciples struck the servant cutting off his right ear. Jesus answered, "No more of this!" put away your swords, he touched the man's ear and healed him. Pretty dam courageous to me, especially as he knew what was coming.

Now I have said far to much, probably helped a few people to get to sleep, no doubt upset some and bought religion into the guns thread so I may have to go on the naughty step, or thinking step as I now believe it is called. To much I, I. I in this post time to take my leave and not be a main contributor / maintainer of divisive destructive threads

Best of luck in your discussions "Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible". Dalai Lama

What do you think would be better car to own a Jaguar F type or and Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster ;)

Last edited:

Steve

Supporter
Nick, I appreciate your insight and your analogy to Christ's suffering is timely, given the Easter season. If someone can't get over the religious bit, well, he's a stupid wanker.

That new V8 vantage looks wicked! I'd take it over an F-type. A friend has a 2008 or 2009 vantage. Beautiful car but, honestly, a bit underpowered. Engine sounds great though. I have to think the new one is not going to have that problem with the Merc twin turbo in there.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nick - thanks for the info and your insight..
Jeff - maybe YOU should be the Moderator here - I bet you could do a GREAT job...
Of course you may be talking to yourself a lot.... Let me or Ron know if you want the job.

Thanks Steve and Randy

Nick, I appreciate your insight and your analogy to Christ's suffering is timely, given the Easter season. If someone can't get over the religious bit, well, he's a stupid wanker.

I'd prefer "he's entitled to his opinion" ;) , I have had "stupid wanker" aimed at me quite a few times, supporting Warrington rugby league team, one of the songs our rivals sing to us contains "wanky wanky wanky Warrington, I just think at least we can :eek: and of course we never sing naughty songs back :)

Last edited:
Now a confession I wish I didn't have to make. Just turned on the BBC news and they have announced that in the first 3 months of this year the murder rate in London has been higher than that of New York. 47 in 3 months appalling, a 17 year old girl the latest victim, not sure if these are all gang related.

Can't think of a less sounding insensitive way of saying it, but I hope it is just a blip.

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Now a confession I wish I didn't have to make. Just turned on the BBC news and they have announced that in the first 3 months of this year the murder rate in London has been higher than that of New York. 47 in 3 months appalling, a 17 year old girl the latest victim, not sure if these are all gang related.

Can't think of a less sounding insensitive way of saying it, but I hope it is just a blip.
Has the big increase in the murder rate corresponded to / had anything to do with the big influx of the so-called "refugees"???

A sudden spike in murders being caused/committed by native Brits seems really odd / highly unlikely / completely out of character to me.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Has the big increase in the murder rate corresponded to / had anything to do with the big influx of the so-called "refugees"???

A sudden spike in murders being caused/committed by native Brits seems really odd / highly unlikely / completely out of character to me.

Good observation, Larry! I know that here in the USA we are struggling to understand and assimilate some of the middle-eastern immigrants here in the midwest. Most of the "transgressors" (so to speak) are from Somalia and it is incredible the manner in which they think that here in the USA they can engage in some of the terrible acts they got away with elsewhere. In one of our larger local cities here in SW Kansas a group of 3 men raped a woman at a bus stop and then could not understand when they were held accountable. They indicated that whatever they had done would have been acceptable in their home country.

So...yes, I agree, our British friends seem to be in an area of Europe that is being hit hard by immigrants. The high homicide count would most certainly have been uncharacteristic.

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Wow, look at all the love!

Yes Randy, more than happy to moderate. My first act as moderator will be to free adults to use adult words, like a#$, sh$t and so on! We need a left leaning mod anyway. Too hard for you right wingers not to homestew stuff. I'm in, hand me the keys.

Jammin' Steve, no problem at all! Glad to be of service. This place was a complete cesspool of Al and Lonesome Fechter and others for a long time. Me and Craik were the only voices on the left, and hell I was polite back then. You get libtard lobbed at you enough, or called un-American for thinking police shouldn't shoot unarmed black folks, and so on, and you get cranky. Craik got so cranky he left. I stayed. Nick and Doug are more polite than me, but like I said, not my style -- although I certainly learned my style from you right wingers. Now, you are better than most of them, although quite snowflakey at times in having your ideas challenged. And you STILL owe me a first class ticket to Minneapolis.

Walt, what can I say. You are a sad old man. I'm sorry for that, I really am. The world to you -- and watching Fox doesn't help -- is an awful evil place full of bad criminals and evil immigrants and terrible liberals coming for your "rights." I couldn't imagine living in such a state of fear. Don't own a gun, don't need a gun, don't want a gun, and yes "handing the robber a $100 VCR" is far more courageous and smarter than starting a shootout in your own neighborhood. Jiminy Crickets!

Carry on boys. I look forward to being your moderator.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Thanks Walt, I sometimes think that is a perception, still a lot of good in the world.

It's because he fills his head full of Fox News and Breitbart and Alex Jones and all these other "news" sources that tell him white people and Christianity and veterans and America are under assault by gay folks and blacks and immigrants and libtards. It's truly a stunning difference in how "modern" conservatives (as recently as the 80s, it was Reagan and the Republicans who were hopeful and optimistic about our future) view the world versus everyone else.

The reality is EVERYTHING is getting better. Well, mostly. Life expectancies up. Literacy rates up. Wars down. Combat deaths down. Deaths from disease down. More democracies in the world than ever before. Women have more rights. Gay folks have more rights. Death penalty slowly being abolished. And so on.

The perception that the world is "more dangerous" amongst older white American males stems from the fact, I think, that the US will be within a generation a non-Caucasian majority country. And that scares the ever living crap out of them. No more joking about black folks over coffee at McDonald's. No more grabbing the waitress by the a$%. No more off color jokes about immigrants or other minorities. No more proudly being deplorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back