Has any one looked at or used MiMod HP system?

Exactly, Nothing against MiMod, they seem like a reputable company.

However, MiMod is competing against mass market Automotive audio systems that provide 80% of the same features at 20% the price. Its tough for a startup company to get a foothold, unless they really have a unique and outstanding value proposition...Sorry

FYI, ISIS offers a similar customizable touch screen system for $1700.

I'm sure that has nothing to do with the fact that 2 of the 3 items in your list are mass-manufactured by slave labor by multiple billion-dollar competitors while the third is a unique product in a niche market from a small company ;)

Exactly, Nothing against MiMod, they seem like a reputable company.

However, MiMod is competing against mass market Automotive audio systems that provide 80% of the same features at 20% the price. Its tough for a startup company to get a foothold, unless they really have a unique and outstanding value proposition...Sorry

FYI, ISIS offers a similar customizable touch screen system for $1700.

Yes, ISIS does have a touch, but nothing like MiMod, and no where near the features of MiMod. This is why we have worked with Jay (owner of ISIS) to have our system plug and play with ISIS. They have the option on their website to add Mimod to any of their systems, as do we have the option to add ISIS.
MiMod is more than just a GPS, MP3, Radio, Accelerometer, Wifi, Blue tooth, WiFi, Data logger, In car computer, security system, switch panel, gauge cluster or even a simple touch screen. Mimod has the capability to completely control it's environment. It dose not matter if it's in a limo, a boat, show car, drag car, bike or aircraft. We have done it all.
If all you want is a simple display, then MiMod is over kill. However if you want to control things.. anything really, then MiMod is your only option, there is not other system that can do what we do. W ehave worked with many major players in the high performance industry to have our system be able to control their products. MiMod puts every control and all essential information in one place and eliminates the need to clutter a cockpit with switches and gauges. On top of that it does it without lag, and accuracy issues. You can have MiMod look like you want it to, do what you want it to and expand or compress in order to fit your project needs.
We hold patents on our fusion board and all our software which is all made in house. We are constantly developing new options and products to compliment our systems and accommodate customer needs.
I guess the best way to truly appreciate the system is to see it for yourself. We have the system in the H-line conversion Hummer that will be at the SEMA show this year. MiMod is an essential part to this truck. Besides controlling most items in the truck it also is the link between the electric assist motor and the diesel engine. It's a first for us, but just a walk in the park for MiMod's capabilities.

Thanks
Jamie

Hi Ben
I think your going to like what we are working on for the SL-C package. We are here to gather information on what you guys want, as much as we are to answer questions. This information will help us develop the system to fit the immediate needs of the builder.

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie,

I hope that my recent posts on the MiMod Group buy thread were not taken the wrong way. My only intent was to let the other SLC builders know that I would not be participating in the group buy and not to depend upon my purchase toward a volume discount. I did not intend to cast any sort of negative light upon MiMod.

MiMod just wasn't a good fit for "my" build. This is partially due to the fact that the Vintage Air Gen II has very basic controls that cannot be controlled by any touch interface that I know of. So my thinking is that, if I can't eliminate all the dash switches/knobs with a touch screen interface, I'll just go a more traditional route.

Of course, the Vintage Air situation is completely outside the control of MiMod...Excuse the pun:laugh:

I wish you well...Peace

Interestingly Dakota Digital have had a controller for the GenII for a while now (and recently released one for the GenIV):

Digital Climate Control

So if they can do it, I wonder if anyone else can. I know ISIS have one as well but that's also for the GenIV.

Jamie,

I hope that my recent posts on the MiMod Group buy thread were not taken the wrong way. My only intent was to let the other SLC builders know that I would not be participating in the group buy and not to depend upon my purchase toward a volume discount. I did not intend to cast any sort of negative light upon MiMod.

MiMod just wasn't a good fit for "my" build. This is partially due to the fact that the Vintage Air Gen II has very basic controls that cannot be controlled by any touch interface that I know of. So my thinking is that, if I can't eliminate all the dash switches/knobs with a touch screen interface, I'll just go a more traditional route.

Of course, the Vintage Air situation is completely outside the control of MiMod...Excuse the pun:laugh:

I wish you well...Peace

Not at all Bill, I think you made some points that needed to be addressed is all. I did not think you where trying to do anything except make some good points. Cheers
Jamie

Interestingly Dakota Digital have had a controller for the GenII for a while now (and recently released one for the GenIV):

Digital Climate Control

So if they can do it, I wonder if anyone else can. I know ISIS have one as well but that's also for the GenIV.

Yeah, we have the GEn 4/5 covered, but have never had anyone ask to do a Gen2. I am not familiar with it, but as long as the dampers and such are servo operated them we can write programming for it. I should speak with Vintage and see what we may be able to do for those with GenII stuff.

O.K , So I would like to get an idea of some of the things you guys would like to MiMod to control in your SL-C. Besides the GenII Vintage air. We have gathered a short list but please feel free to add so we have a good solid list of things we know you guys will use.
Fuel pump (s)
Fan
Radio
GPS
MP3/ Entertainment utility
heated seats?
interior lights
Seat controls?

Also what information will you like displayed?
-Are you guys going to be running a TPMS (tire pressure monitoring systems)
-inside/ outside temp sensors?
-What about engine information? Do you want MiMod to also display any additional information? Maybe an extra set of 2-4 gauges on the center console or are you using regular gauges?
-Backup camera?

Thanks guys
Jamie

If it can do AC I might be interested when done. That would be a big selling point for me. I also would require that the corvette steering wheel controls for the radio work with it. Right now my plan is to get a head unit and use the vette controls for it and will mount the radio in the center as a removable face. If this can do all that then great. I am also making adjustable pedals with a linear acuator so I would want something to control that. We need to make sure it has the raise suspension up and down switches as a lot of us have that.

If it can do AC I might be interested when done. That would be a big selling point for me. I also would require that the corvette steering wheel controls for the radio work with it. Right now my plan is to get a head unit and use the vette controls for it and will mount the radio in the center as a removable face. If this can do all that then great. I am also making adjustable pedals with a linear acuator so I would want something to control that. We need to make sure it has the raise suspension up and down switches as a lot of us have that.

I am sure that there would be no problems with your adjustable pedals or suspension up and down. Those would work just like a window momentary switch. You could have them also display percentage of positions as well, or have it display some sort of numerical reference. Those are fairly easy.
As for the controls on the wheel, that would take some interesting wiring, but it can be done as well. We are also working on voice command which would be another alternative to wheel buttons.

Jamie

Back up camera for sure
A/C
Fuel pump (s)
Fan (s) front and back
Radio
GPS
MP3/ Entertainment utility
interior lights
mirrors
radar and laser detection
auto running lights
The horn and lift I would like to have controls on my steering wheel

Here is another solution- assuming you can enlarge the shape of the driver's binnacle- from Autometer. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaORsNLo0Wo&feature=plcp]Autometer's LCD Gauge display is a whole new level of technology Race Dash at SEMA 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Back